Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EHF Black Parity Schedule is up for 05 and 06

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
That was a lot of work to figure out that two of the three brackets had three eams from Black and one bracket had four teams from Black. And obviously, when you are one of the Black teams you have one less game against a Black team, because you're the third or fourth black team in the bracket.

It's amazing that people can't read or looking for ways to say the system screwed their little bender!

From the EHF website...

"Teams were seeded based on their position on myhockeyrankings.com at the
end of the season and balanced brackets were then created. Team/teams that
were not in existence last year were given the lowest seeds"

Has nothing to do with reading so you should be amazed. Nice job cutting and pasting though. The poster referred to a team that didn't exist last year that wouldn't have been on myhockeyrsnkings so how did they draw 4 black teams.

If you read the excerpt, it said new teams get lowest seeds. In other words, they will have to play the toughest teams to qualify (i.e. black teams). That could have been read and interpreted from the guy's "cut and paste".

How about your benders work as hard on their game as all you dopes do on writing about lower tier hockey??? Be Elite or be gone!

Anon
A little more homework needed. NH Monarchs were weak last year couldn't even beat Manchester's 07 team.. Terrier White has collapsed. So that bracket is really weak. The A bracket is clearly the stiffest with Rangers, then Terrier Red, Kings, and MMF. I think at least three of the four should get in, i.e., two at large bids from the bracket. Don't know about Top Gun, but I think the White champion should be getting an automatic bid so would let them in as #10. We certainly don't need three NH teams, going to NH every other weekend is for E9/BHL for the Lovell Knights and BA, not EHF teams.
Yes, I think the EHF and NHL are going to merge soon.

Anon
T1 06
AUTO BIDS
Breakers
Northstars
Vipers

LIKELY IN
CT Jr Rangers
Manchester Flames
NS Shamrocks
Islanders 1 (and/or) Islanders 2 (?)

BUBBLE
Top Gun
Terriers W
Terriers R
SS Kings
MMF
Jr. Eagles
NH Monarchs

DOUBTFUL
Islanders-Tyngsboro
Jr Huskies
Jr Friars

(?) Denotes Parity rule in question
I've heard 2 IHC teams can get into Black, and I've heard the opposite as well- 1 Black, 1 White.
If parity is the ultimate goal then both will likely get in, if the rule is as written then only one of IHC1/IHC2 are likely in.

How about the Bandits? I mean they labeled them the Tier 1 Black Team, so that must mean they will most likely get in right ?

Anon
Anon
T1 06
AUTO BIDS
Breakers
Northstars
Vipers

LIKELY IN
CT Jr Rangers
Manchester Flames
NS Shamrocks
Islanders 1 (and/or) Islanders 2 (?)

BUBBLE
Top Gun
Terriers W
Terriers R
SS Kings
MMF
Jr. Eagles
NH Monarchs

DOUBTFUL
Islanders-Tyngsboro
Jr Huskies
Jr Friars

(?) Denotes Parity rule in question
I've heard 2 IHC teams can get into Black, and I've heard the opposite as well- 1 Black, 1 White.
If parity is the ultimate goal then both will likely get in, if the rule is as written then only one of IHC1/IHC2 are likely in.

How about the Bandits? I mean they labeled them the Tier 1 Black Team, so that must mean they will most likely get in right ?
I think most have written the Bandits off. Maybe they should rethink it. New coaches new players this could be the start of a great comeback. Not saying champions but a couple good games against the upper teams. Some wins against the lower level teams. Anything can happen in the 05 /06 age groups. Been lots of movement only time will tell. Crazy Huh !!

They may have labeled their Tier 1 team as Black internally, but they aren't even playing in the parity tourney this weekend. Perhaps you are referring to the Bandits' re-entry into Elite.

Anon
They may have labeled their Tier 1 team as Black internally, but they aren't even playing in the parity tourney this weekend. Perhaps you are referring to the Bandits' re-entry into Elite.

You must be referring to 05s. They have two tier1 teams. Others ages don't. If you remember from years past when orgs had multiple teams in tier 1 they designated them color names to separere their identity. For example, since Bandits have red or black jerseys, they might dedicate teams red and black. I suspect it's nothing more than that except to you

Anon
Anon

You must be referring to 05s. They have two tier1 teams. Others ages don't. If you remember from years past when orgs had multiple teams in tier 1 they designated them color names to separere their identity. For example, since Bandits have red or black jerseys, they might dedicate teams red and black. I suspect it's nothing more than that except to you

Yes, 05's. And you could be right. But you are not. They designated the teams Black and White, for the divisions that they told the parents they will be playing in... not for the colors of their jerseys !

Anon
Anon
so who will the 7 teams that advance to Black thru parity in the 05 division

I believe they need to play the games first to answer that question
whoever the fed picks parity doesn't matter in some special cases

anon
Anon
Anon
so who will the 7 teams that advance to Black thru parity in the 05 division

I believe they need to play the games first to answer that question
whoever the fed picks parity doesn't matter in some special cases

And there it is....Parity summed up in one sentence! Spot on!

If you had made this statement last year I would have completely agreed. But this year it looks like they actually put some thought into it by using MHR to create brackets. At least the schedules will be a little more equal rather than one team playing 4 teams from the black division while others play 4 from the bottom of the white.

EHF has schedules posted. 3 brackets??? Top team from ea bracket gets in, then tie breaker to form a 10 team black division.

Anon
Is that schedule complete on the website? If so, did I miss the game listings for the Jr Eagles or do they get auto-bids to Black?

It appears complete but don't see -05 Eagles. They wouldn't have auto lock for Black as 3rd place finisher. Maybe more games coming?

Eagles were second due to fed rules on unbalanced schedules...goes by win percentage and they were tied at end of reg season in pts

BJE actually finished 2nd in regular season behind NorthStars, ahead of MMF by a single point. Standings for auto bids for next season are based on regular season and I think the EHF website incorporates playoffs games to total points so that's why it appears they are 3rd in standings.

fed always finds a hidden rule or formula or other nonsense to bend the rules or don't enforce the rules

anon
BJE actually finished 2nd in regular season behind NorthStars, ahead of MMF by a single point. Standings for auto bids for next season are based on regular season and I think the EHF website incorporates playoffs games to total points so that's why it appears they are 3rd in standings.

Correct. So explain how the MMF get an auto bid? Nstars were 1st, BJE were 2nd, Nstars won championship. In no way does the MMF get an auto bid, according to parity rules on EHF site. The old man must've called the EHF and told them what to do, again!

this is the bullsh t the fed pulls

I wonder if the Fed ever gets tired of being the MMF's b*tch??

So which teams in the 06 will be much different than last year? Seems to be quite a bit of turnover south of Boston. Breakers loosing a few to Elite teams. Terriers white seems to have lost a lot. Will Huskies and Bandits continue to have different kids at games each week? And how about the Bandits? New management. Old coaches gone. Doing a lot to recruit. Could this be the start of a new era for them?

Anon
So which teams in the 06 will be much different than last year? Seems to be quite a bit of turnover south of Boston. Breakers loosing a few to Elite teams. Terriers white seems to have lost a lot. Will Huskies and Bandits continue to have different kids at games each week? And how about the Bandits? New management. Old coaches gone. Doing a lot to recruit. Could this be the start of a new era for them?

I think in 06 probably Caps have most different makeup. Not sure it's going to matter down where they were last year but new Coach, new goalie, 9 new players. Couple solid players from Outlaws implosion. Only returning 5 players from last year.

A Non
Anon

I think in 06 probably Caps have most different makeup. Not sure it's going to matter down where they were last year but new Coach, new goalie, 9 new players. Couple solid players from Outlaws implosion. Only returning 5 players from last year.

Rumor has it lots of kids at Bandits tryouts.
The teams that could go either way are teams like Terriers Red, King and Friars that were in 06 black and turned it on towards the end to either beat or play tough against some of the higher ranked black teams. A few good players could push them up but if they lose a few could be problematic for them. For example, a team like terrier elite (substitute Breakers here too) could mean bringing some of the stronger tier 1 up if they couldn't replace from tryouts. Both of those elite teams seem to be faced with loses so it could happen

A few things starting to become clear in 06 Black parity-

BJE have upgraded a couple of pieces and grab an at large bid coming out of their bracket at 3-1. Had a pretty easy draw but they can hang it seems.

MMF are going to White and may not win a game in Black parity. May struggle at White parity as well.

Jr Friars to White likely end up silver

SSK have improved but they will be where they were last year

The rest is turning out pretty much Denny Green - they are who we thought they were.

A Non
A few things starting to become clear in 06 Black parity-

BJE have upgraded a couple of pieces and grab an at large bid coming out of their bracket at 3-1. Had a pretty easy draw but they can hang it seems.

MMF are going to White and may not win a game in Black parity. May struggle at White parity as well.

Jr Friars to White likely end up silver

SSK have improved but they will be where they were last year

The rest is turning out pretty much Denny Green - they are who we thought they were.

BJE may end up 2-2
Friars will no fine in white. Won't be silver
Terriers red most improved (noted at end of season) and looks like only added one dobthry have continuity on their side
Terriers white declined from last year and year before
Kings definitely added a couple so slightly improved from last year