Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PHL Premier is just as good as the Fed tier 1 top division

It isn't? Then why did Monarchs want into the Fed Tier I?

Anon
Because the EHF is a brand-name and it will attract parents (i.e., money). You don't really need that explained to you do you.

My son has played in both the EHF and PHL. PHL has some teams, maybe 1-2 per age group that could play in Tier 1 black. The rest land in white and EMHL. The problem with the PHL is that is lacks any sort of parity, even within teams. And it is mostly pond hockey meaning teams do not play as a team. There is usually one or two kids that carry it up and score.

EHF has stronger parity across teams and within. Kids aren't able to rush the puck- team play is required to win for squirt and higher.

anon
My son has played in both the EHF and PHL. PHL has some teams, maybe 1-2 per age group that could play in Tier 1 black. The rest land in white and EMHL. The problem with the PHL is that is lacks any sort of parity, even within teams. And it is mostly pond hockey meaning teams do not play as a team. There is usually one or two kids that carry it up and score.

EHF has stronger parity across teams and within. Kids aren't able to rush the puck- team play is required to win for squirt and higher.

Sorry your kid got cut from the PHL. I call BS on this know it all type of parent. Keep writing those checks bc lil' Jonny won't get any passes on his new Fed team. Buh Bye.

Anon
anon

Sorry your kid got cut from the PHL. I call BS on this know it all type of parent. Keep writing those checks bc lil' Jonny won't get any passes on his new Fed team. Buh Bye.

It's absolutely true- you can watch the games easy enough to know that's the case. 1-2 very solid players on top Premier teams but gets very wobbly past the top 3 teams. There's a reason PHL playoffs are just the top 4 teams to decide the championship. No round robins needed to decide the final 4 there. In every age group from Squirts up in PHL Premier a 1 seed won except 1 Bantam where a 2 seed won.

For EHF Tier 1 Black you have champions at 2 seed, 3 seed, 1 seed, 2 seed, 4 seed.
For EHF Tier 1 White you have champions at 4 seed, 1 seed, 1 seed, 1 seed,1 seed

Even for EHF Elite you have champions at 1 seed, 1 seed, 4 seed, 1seed, 3 seed, 4 seed(U14).

You don't need to be a know it all to look at some data and realize it's much better parity and deeper as well. More than half this season's champions in the EHF across 3 levels of play were not the #1 seed.

A Non
Anon
anon

It's absolutely true- you can watch the games easy enough to know that's the case. 1-2 very solid players on top Premier teams but gets very wobbly past the top 3 teams. There's a reason PHL playoffs are just the top 4 teams to decide the championship. No round robins needed to decide the final 4 there. In every age group from Squirts up in PHL Premier a 1 seed won except 1 Bantam where a 2 seed won.

For EHF Tier 1 Black you have champions at 2 seed, 3 seed, 1 seed, 2 seed, 4 seed.
For EHF Tier 1 White you have champions at 4 seed, 1 seed, 1 seed, 1 seed,1 seed

Even for EHF Elite you have champions at 1 seed, 1 seed, 4 seed, 1seed, 3 seed, 4 seed(U14).

You don't need to be a know it all to look at some data and realize it's much better parity and deeper as well. More than half this season's champions in the EHF across 3 levels of play were not the #1 seed.

wow, you figured out all that in 17 min from the prior post? Looks like you should run for FED Chairwoman of the Board. I'm sure you use this script for lil' Jonnys new team when you need an excuse why mommy and son were cut from PHL. I bet you're the constant blogger on the dboard of choosing coach over team over league. What a hypocrite. Go back to the Valley.

anon
A Non
Anon
anon

wow, you figured out all that in 17 min from the prior post? Looks like you should run for FED Chairwoman of the Board. I'm sure you use this script for lil' Jonnys new team when you need an excuse why mommy and son were cut from PHL. I bet you're the constant blogger on the dboard of choosing coach over team over league. What a hypocrite. Go back to the Valley.

I didn't have to figure anything, I just had to look. It took 17 minutes because I also made a snack. I know that can be tough sometimes for people such as yourself to verify statements or generalizations that people make instead of just hitting the pipe and going with the tired yet trusty- excuses/got cut/Valley/mommy/son/type of parent/coach/knows nothing Mad Libs flotsam and jetsam that you've mastered.

A Non
anon
A Non
Anon
anon

I didn't have to figure anything, I just had to look. It took 17 minutes because I also made a snack. I know that can be tough sometimes for people such as yourself to verify statements or generalizations that people make instead of just hitting the pipe and going with the tired yet trusty excuses/cuts/Valley/mommy/son/type of parent Mad Libs flotsam and jetsam that you've mastered.
You forgot #hashtag.

Anon
A Non
anon
A Non
Anon
anon

I didn't have to figure anything, I just had to look. It took 17 minutes because I also made a snack. I know that can be tough sometimes for people such as yourself to verify statements or generalizations that people make instead of just hitting the pipe and going with the tired yet trusty excuses/cuts/Valley/mommy/son/type of parent Mad Libs flotsam and jetsam that you've mastered.
You forgot #hashtag.

More like #Hashpipe #hashtag for that person.

you sound like you might be bitter. i was at the parity. i have family that plays on a PHL team and go watch his games often. I happen to have a son on one of the teams in the tier 1 black. that monarchs team played awful this weekend. some issues there. that said, that monarchs team playing as they were 3 weeks ago or so when last i watched them looked really good. i would have bet money given their opponents that they would have steam rolled the parity teams they played.
all that said, sorry phl has/had 2 to 3 teams that i think from watching that are very good and could easily compete in the black 05 tier 1, but as a whole, sorry the phl is not as good. top to bottom more depth.
and believe me, it's pretty clear that the silver division nonsense is a fed hockey money grab.
sorry overall the better hockey is in ehf.

Anon
Anon
Because the EHF is a brand-name and it will attract parents (i.e., money). You don't really need that explained to you do you.

Also helps them attract "Elite players"(see what I did there) since PHL doesn't offer that level of hockey. Maybe less of a reason but feeding/defraying the costs for their juniors teams as well. Just a poke in the dark.

Anon

I think you misunderstood my quoting... I am in agreement with you. My response "NO it isn't " was in reference to the Subject Line !

hahahaha....3 teams maybe, and one just made it into the black tier 1 div in the fed, so as a whole, not from what I have seen.

Anon
05 Monarchs in Black and that just shows that the PHL Premier is on par with tier 1 Black

Wow you're everywhere...

seriously??? EHF white is even better. You may find a couple teams in the PHL that can play black. Most are white or even EMHL level. The PHL does not have the draw and is unable to field teams that have any semblance of equity among their players.

It is good for the older players, but EHF and BHL is where you find the best teams and players at the youth level except for the couple of outliers in PHL.

anon

seriously??? EHF white is even better. You may find a couple teams in the PHL that can play black. Most are white or even EMHL level. The PHL does not have the draw and is unable to field teams that have any semblance of equity among their players.

It is good for the older players, but EHF and BHL is where you find the best teams and players at the youth level except for the couple of outliers in PHL.

Just read the post on the Monarchs web page. Says everything you need to know about the two leagues.

Top 4/5 teams in Black are better then PHL premier. But after that, and the White division, they're about the same at PW and Squirts. PHL is superior at 14 up. PHL is a young league and adding teams each year so let's see what happens.

If PHL can develop the U12 and below then that would be a better league for T1 then BHL and Black/White/Silver. Sliver is just ridiculous as well.

Monarch teams that ended up in White will regret it. U12 in Black will struggle, but that's not a bad thing unless you have nutty parents.

And nutty parents they do have. One mother father combo was completely out of line. Yelling and screaming, pulling there kid off the ice. Threatening to call the cops. They should not be allowed in any rink in New England.

Anon
And nutty parents they do have. One mother father combo was completely out of line. Yelling and screaming, pulling there kid off the ice. Threatening to call the cops. They should not be allowed in any rink in New England.

Are you talking about the 05 Islanders?

05 Monarchs

I am sure the 05 Islander parents will give those Monarch parents a run for their money.