Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Most famous DBoard Teams

Little throwback Thursday thread, opinions on who the most talked about teams of all time have been?

Re: Most famous DBoard Teams

Anon
Little throwback Thursday thread, opinions on who the most talked about teams of all time have been?

2007 IHC
2005 Caps

'96 Boston Mission.

Anon

01 Cyclones were dBoard hall of fame for most talked about

03 BJE

07 IHC
Old 05 BA
03 BJE
97 SSK
96 Boston Mission
93 VJW

05 and 06 CC TA

Anon
07 IHC
Old 05 BA
03 BJE
97 SSK
96 Boston Mission
93 VJW

That might be the winner.

anon
Anon
07 IHC
Old 05 BA
03 BJE
97 SSK
96 Boston Mission
93 VJW

I don't think 07 IHC deserves a spot. They are not nearly on here as much as many Bandits or Cape Cod teams. Maybe they should be, but they aren't.

anon
anon
Anon
07 IHC
Old 05 BA
03 BJE
97 SSK
96 Boston Mission
93 VJW

I don't 07 IHC deserves a spot. They are not nearly on here as much as many Bandits or Cape Cod teams. Maybe they should be, but they aren't.
Than's because you've been on the board for six months. Din't hear about Cape teams or much at all about the Bandits before that.

Anon
anon
anon
Anon
07 IHC
Old 05 BA
03 BJE
97 SSK
96 Boston Mission
93 VJW

I don't 07 IHC deserves a spot. They are not nearly on here as much as many Bandits or Cape Cod teams. Maybe they should be, but they aren't.
Than's because you've been on the board for six months. Din't hear about Cape teams or much at all about the Bandits before that.

So the 07 Islanders were all over the board last year? I think not. I'm actually surprised how little they come up on here, given what they are and who's involved.

Anon
07 IHC
Old 05 BA
03 BJE
97 SSK
96 Boston Mission
93 VJW

This might be the best thread yet... Agree with the above, but would add 02 BA vs SSK drama, and anything WN has been apart of

Haven't been on long enough to remember the '93 VJW but hard to imagine it topped the '96 Mission team or maybe it did and I"m confusing all the old personalities.
'02 SSK
'05 IHC

2002 SSK
2002 BA
2005 NE Jr Hurricanes
Any year Bandits

Bandits and WN, which can roll over to CC TA

2000 Boston Stars

1980-81 Winnipeg Jets

Can't forget that 03 Viper team that received a life time ban from Lake Placid.

I remember that one. Coach wore sweatpants the entire weekend and soiled himself at the hotel.

No team will ever match the amount of posts the 2002 South Shore Kings generated during their run. While I realize most current posters have younger kids and were not hanging on every moron comment at the time you need to appreciate the amount of jealousy and hatred these kids generated.

Even when they stopped winning parents could not stop talking about them, overweight Breaker Moms still to this day hate them! Blue Chip dad's needed hours of therapy because of them.

They were the Beatles of youth hockey nobody will top them

Anon
No team will ever match the amount of posts the 2002 South Shore Kings generated during their run. While I realize most current posters have younger kids and were not hanging on every moron comment at the time you need to appreciate the amount of jealousy and hatred these kids generated.

Even when they stopped winning parents could not stop talking about them, overweight Breaker Moms still to this day hate them! Blue Chip dad's needed hours of therapy because of them.

For those of us (the majority I'd guess) that weren't around for this - can anyone recap what this was all about? I for one am (honestly) curious.

Anon
Anon

For those of us (the majority I'd guess) that weren't around for this - can anyone recap what this was all about? I for one am (honestly) curious.
I've been on the boards more than is probably healthy for my overall mental health for a number of years, and I have no idea what this guys is referring to. I think everyone will be biased towards topics that are the most relevant to them. It's like the Cape teams and WN, whoever that is, or IHC and MP, whoever that is - for the last six months we have a small group of posters that have posted incessantly. Suddenly, they are infamous.

Anon
Anon
Anon

I've been on the boards more than is probably healthy for my overall mental health for a number of years, and I have no idea what this guys is referring to. I think everyone will be biased towards topics that are the most relevant to them. It's like the Cape teams and WN, whoever that is, or IHC and MP, whoever that is - for the last six months we have a small group of posters that have posted incessantly. Suddenly, they are infamous.
No doubt that is correct.

Anon
Anon
Anon

I have an 04, so I've been around for a while. Back when they were squirts and peewees, the 2002 Kings were perennial top 3 in the country and the 2002 Boston Advantage were also very good. At the time, I think BA was playing up in the 2001 division of the NEHL, so they played a tough schedule (by MHR standards) and their ranking was pretty high.

Even back then, there was great debate about which league was stronger, but the back and forth between these two groups of parents was legendary. The SSK kids were too small, the BA kids were practice players that skated around light blue cones. On and on, each team calling the other cowards for not setting up a scrimmage and letting the kids settle things on the ice. It was much more prevalent than any beef that is on the boards these days. I think Lovell was the coach of the 2002 BA team so you also had that playing into the conflict.

You newbies have no idea how controversial the '96 Boston Mission team was...

How many are now in the NHL or AHL? And they're still young for pro hockey.

Anon
You newbies have no idea how controversial the '96 Boston Mission team was...

How many are now in the NHL or AHL? And they're still young for pro hockey.
I'd have to agree with that. I don't know that posting volume is the right barometer. If that were true, you'd have to count girls' teams, because we certainly have had many, many threads that were being supported by like three people, arguing about the Wizards, Assabet and the Eagles, over and over and over. Pretty entertaining, too - who can forget the accusations that a particular Mom - called out by name - was providing sex to the team owner to retain her daughter's spot on the team? It's right up there with the 200 goal scoring squirt whose mom got snagged in a rink bathroom stall having anal sex.

But, I digress. That '96 Mission team was certainly the most famous from the area, not just on the D Board. It's still topical, in fact, as training camps are ending and final cuts are announced.

96 Boston Mission took an ass whooping. But now most are cashing a check for the NHL.

anon
96 Boston Mission took an ass whooping. But now most are cashing a check for the NHL.

Anyone have an old '96 Boston Mission roster? It would be fun to 'see where they are now.'

# Name G A PTS PIM GWG
1 Drew Perry
2 Colin Molloy 0 0 0 0 0
4 Conor Mccann 0 2 2 0 0
8 Conor Garland 3 3 6 0 0
11 Kevin Hock 2 1 3 0 0
14 Patrick Flynn 1 1 2 0 0
16 Ryan Donato 0 3 3 0 0
19 Sean Maccarthy 2 1 3 0 1
24 Matthew Brazel 2 0 2 0 0
36 Richard Cardillo 1 1 2 0 0
42 Bobby Dray 0 0 0 0 0
44 Jake Maccarthy 1 1 2 0 0
67 Patrick Horrocks 0 3 3 0 0
92 Miles Gendron 2 0 2 0 0

anon
# Name G A PTS PIM GWG
1 Drew Perry
2 Colin Molloy 0 0 0 0 0
4 Conor Mccann 0 2 2 0 0
11 Kevin Hock 2 1 3 0 0
16 Ryan Donato 0 3 3 0 0
42 Bobby Dray 0 0 0 0 0

that is a good group!

I think that's about half of them. Jack Eichel & Noah Hanifin had time there as well. . . . right?

Wasn't Eichel with this group at some point - when they became Team Mass 96?

ryan donato....

anon
anon
# Name G A PTS PIM GWG
1 Drew Perry
2 Colin Molloy 0 0 0 0 0
4 Conor Mccann 0 2 2 0 0
11 Kevin Hock 2 1 3 0 0
16 Ryan Donato 0 3 3 0 0
42 Bobby Dray 0 0 0 0 0

that is a good group!

Played mens league hockey with one of the boys dads from this list. Our mens league team scrimmaged this team and destroyed them. They were not that good.

Ah, they were Squirts and then Peewees. I hope you won the beer league championship that year.

Maybe Donato's mom can post a full roster of players who played for Boston Mission / Team Mass as she is a heavy DBoarder.

Just don't say anything critical about her boys or their pals.....she will turn on you like a Fisher cat.

And don't say anything negative about other NHL progeny. . . she will turn on you like an angry hockey mom.

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

I have an 04, so I've been around for a while. Back when they were squirts and peewees, the 2002 Kings were perennial top 3 in the country and the 2002 Boston Advantage were also very good. At the time, I think BA was playing up in the 2001 division of the NEHL, so they played a tough schedule (by MHR standards) and their ranking was pretty high.

Even back then, there was great debate about which league was stronger, but the back and forth between these two groups of parents was legendary. The SSK kids were too small, the BA kids were practice players that skated around light blue cones. On and on, each team calling the other cowards for not setting up a scrimmage and letting the kids settle things on the ice. It was much more prevalent than any beef that is on the boards these days. I think Lovell was the coach of the 2002 BA team so you also had that playing into the conflict.
Thanks. Apparently, not much has changed.

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

They eventually played and the Kings beat them which started the degenerate topic of insulting Moms like beach volleyball those were the days

Anon
Anon
Anon

WN has been posted about for several years now, Cape is new because just purchased by WN so it's just a continueation, MP probably a bit newer, but definitely not in just the last 6 months. There is always someone new with each generation and someone old fades away. Much like the CapA and the MS from the Caps, and the list goes on.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

WN has been posted about for several years now, Cape is new because just purchased by WN so it's just a continueation, MP probably a bit newer, but definitely not in just the last 6 months. There is always someone new with each generation and someone old fades away. Much like the CapA and the MS from the Caps, and the list goes on.
i agree, IHC, SSK , Caps, MMF, Bandits and WN. Cape teams to New for Dboard fame. But fame can come quick !! Let's keep the puck spinning good stuff