EHF and E9 tElite teams do not select the best talent. Every team has some politically selected players so does it really matter? Do you think every EHF and E9 teams are selected solely on talent? NO!
if little Johnny is good enough, he will get seen
EHF does not claim to develop players, and they definitely do not. At all age levels the EHF Teams are always looking to acquire players that were developed by other teams in other leagues by other coaches, to join EHF Teams. This is why overall the ehf has more skilled players on more teams. The EHF coaches are managers of the players their ownership or club marketing can deliver to them. You will not see much individual improvement in players skills, more time is spent looking for the the weak spots on the team, and how that weak spot can be eliminated.
Like it or not, it's the business model for the EHF, and it WORKS!
Don't worry about the coaching, just make sure little johnny can keep his skills up.
1. A player develops on his own. The color of his uniform doesnt develop anything.
2. Playing against the best competition DOES help in development.
3. The EHF DOES have more talent and gets more "looks" from prep coaches.
4. There are good players in the E9 but they are often overlooked since they arent playing against the best competition.
5. If you have the option of playing EHF vs E9 - I pick EHF everytime for reasons stated above.
These are just my 2 cents of going through the process already.
Nothing counts until U14. At U14 prep coaches begin to learn who the kids are by either parents reaching out or coaches going to showcases. Showcases are mostly during the spring / summer. By this age it makes no difference what league the kids are in and actually this year the leagues are playing each other quite a bit and no one seems to care. Parents are just grateful there are good quality games between the two.
If the argument is how does a kid get good up to U14, if EHF is better than e9 in this regard. Maybe. Maybe not. I would argue it doesn't matter looking at the rosters of these teams now and where they came from and where they are going.
Great info! Thx for all the insights