Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does IHC own MyHockeyRankings?

Anon
Anon
MyHockeyRankings is surprisingly VERY accurate.....

Also pretty sure winning team submits the game sheet. Hard to manipulate that.

You really have no idea huh ? You think you submit your score sheets to MHR ?

Submitting the games sheets to your league is a whole different thing.

MHR is a website that works by anyone signing up as a volunteer to enter scores as an administrator for your division. Once you sign up as an administrator for your team, you are supposed to enter the scores for your division each and every weekend.

They are verified (somewhat)by other volunteers making entries, but it is very easy to leave out a game here and there that would negatively affect your ranking.

that, and it is optional, so the EHF pretty much was the predominate league in this area entering scores, some leagues don't even enter scores there at all.

However you see this year, there are lots of new teams showing up on MHR from outside this region, and wow, look at that, those same EHF teams are now dropping in rankings as a result !

It is useless information all around and is an accurate gauge of nothing.

Anon
Anon
T1EHL uses it to determine playoff teams.

Anon
Anon
MyhockeyRankings is surprisingly VERY accurate.....

It also is a good gauge the scouts use to determine what games to watch. Really helps at the younger ages so they don't spend the weekend watching squirt teams that are not in the top 10-20.

Anon
Anon
Anon

It also is a good gauge the scouts use to determine what games to watch. Really helps at the younger ages so they don't spend the weekend watching squirt teams that are not in the top 10-20.

Seriously, there are no scouts out scouting squirt games.

This is exactly why people are laughing out loud at the 08 group.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Why that's not true! I'm a scout and I was at a game just last weekend. An exciting match between the MFF and BJE.

Randall Stephensen
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Why that's not true! I'm a scout and I was at a game just last weekend. An exciting match between the MFF and BJE.

My mistake. I forgot the 08's are ...........!!!!!

Say that fast 10 times...

I'm an 08 parent and I can tell you that there were scouts for Prep at the games this past weekend looking at kids. I spoke with one parent who said she overheard one of them saying there were a few that should be playing 06 and if the parents were smart they should start looking at schools that are 6-12 or 7-12.

So maybe these guys aren't pro or college scouts like you have at the 06-04 Fed games but they were scouts.

Anon

I'm an 08 parent and I can tell you that there were scouts for Prep at the games this past weekend looking at kids. I spoke with one parent who said she overheard one of them saying there were a few that should be playing 06 and if the parents were smart they should start looking at schools that are 6-12 or 7-12.

So maybe these guys aren't pro or college scouts like you have at the 06-04 Fed games but they were scouts.

Been here for awhile but not as long as many others but this has to be the most insane pile of bull anyone has spewed forth onto this board. Watch out, the 08 parents are going to elevate things to a whole new level

Never know when they are watching, bring your best every night. Make them want to watch you.
2008's will be talked about ad Infinitem.

I am a regional director of squirt/peewee scouting for Central Scouting. I spend my weekends going from rink to rink scouting and ranking the the 05, 06, 07 and 08 age groups. I use myhockeyrankings to follow the top teams in New England as a starting point and work down the list. It is an invaluable tool making me more efficient on the weekends. It is very accurate!

Anon
Anon

Been here for awhile but not as long as many others but this has to be the most insane pile of bull anyone has spewed forth onto this board. Watch out, the 08 parents are going to elevate things to a whole new level

My cousin's brother's half sister's baby sitter over heard Bobby Orr say that the 08's are stacked !!!!!!

Anon
Anon
Anon

My cousin's brother's half sister's baby sitter over heard Bobby Orr say that the 08's are stacked !!!!!!

Fact - Bobby Orr did play up. The 08's are stacked. Sorry my 08 will be taking a spot at a prep when he's in 7th grade playing varsity. Sorry your 06-04 bender will be cut! Keep laughing. Several Brick caliber coaches have said the 08 pool is one of the deepest in hockey talent in a generation.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Fact - Bobby Orr did play up. The 08's are stacked. Sorry my 08 will be taking a spot at a prep when he's in 7th grade playing varsity. Sorry your 06-04 bender will be cut! Keep laughing. Several Brick caliber coaches have said the 08 pool is one of the deepest in hockey talent in a generation.

Easy... Bobby Orr's grandkids play in the BHL !

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"Brick caliber coach"

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"Brick caliber coach"

08 people are off the charts nuts. "Brick caliber coach" and kids being scouted by preps at 9 years old. NOBODY IS WATCHING YOUR KIDS BUT YOU !!!!! Please define "brick caliber coach". Chris Masters would be it. Most 9 year olds are still learning to skate backwards even in EHF elite and can't get puck off ice without it fluttering. Get over yourselves. Getting picked for the brick doesn't mean you are playing prep or getting a D1 scholarship

Yes Bobby Orr did play up and your kid no matter how good you think he is ..... is not Bobby Orr. You need to take your hat size down a few notches.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"Brick caliber coach"

08 people are off the charts nuts. "Brick caliber coach" and kids being scouted by preps at 9 years old. NOBODY IS WATCHING YOUR KIDS BUT YOU !!!!! Please define "brick caliber coach". Chris Masters would be it. Most 9 year olds are still learning to skate backwards even in EHF elite and can't get puck off ice without it fluttering. Get over yourselves. Getting picked for the brick doesn't mean you are playing prep or getting a D1 scholarship

Yes Bobby Orr did play up and your kid no matter how good you think he is ..... is not Bobby Orr. You need to take your hat size down a few notches.

Not sure why there is so much backlash against this crop of 08's. It's not the kids' fault that they are part of a special birth year.

These kids are young and talented. Let them flourish. Get rid of the negativity.

Ricky Bobby
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"Brick caliber coach"

Not sure why there is so much backlash against this crop of 08's. It's not the kids' fault that they are part of a special birth year.

These kids are young and talented. Let them flourish. Get rid of the negativity.

The problem is not with the kids. They are kids. They are no more talented at 9 years old than any other 9 year old group that has and will play hockey in New England. Translation to mom and dad.... They are not super special. The 97 and 01 groups are talented. The 02 and 03 group has talented kids and so on down the age groups. The 08 parents seem to believe that they have all hit the golden ticket with junior destined for NHL stardom. This is a big country with tons of talent in it. The Midwest teams don't even put teams together until pee wees and are not on the sacred MHR at squirts. Then add in Canada and Europe and you will soon find that junior was just a big fish in a very small tiny pond. Happens every year. Some 08's in this area will play prep and D1 and maybe 1 or 2 at a higher level but that's it They are no more talented (best in a generation is laughable) than any other group period.

My advice is to come off the high horse. Enjoy the Brick, The Q and any other tournament junior may qualify for. They are well worth it. The journey will have many highs and many lows. if you take it too seriously now then 99% of the 08's will be in for big disappointments. Prep schools don't take you if the kid doesn't have the grades. Colleges are just starting to look at u16 now. Many colleges don't even look at kids that young. If you are thinking prep and college at first year squirts then I guarantee your kid will feel the pressure and burn out. Best 02 in New England burned out a few years ago and no longer plays. So lighten up and take it all as it comes It will be fun and enjoyable. If your kid is good enough then he will be noticed when the time is right. The 08's are not stacked

Anon
Ricky Bobby
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"Brick caliber coach"

The problem is not with the kids. They are kids. They are no more talented at 9 years old than any other 9 year old group that has and will play hockey in New England. Translation to mom and dad.... They are not super special. The 97 and 01 groups are talented. The 02 and 03 group has talented kids and so on down the age groups. The 08 parents seem to believe that they have all hit the golden ticket with junior destined for NHL stardom. This is a big country with tons of talent in it. The Midwest teams don't even put teams together until pee wees and are not on the sacred MHR at squirts. Then add in Canada and Europe and you will soon find that junior was just a big fish in a very small tiny pond. Happens every year. Some 08's in this area will play prep and D1 and maybe 1 or 2 at a higher level but that's it They are no more talented (best in a generation is laughable) than any other group period.

My advice is to come off the high horse. Enjoy the Brick, The Q and any other tournament junior may qualify for. They are well worth it. The journey will have many highs and many lows. if you take it too seriously now then 99% of the 08's will be in for big disappointments. Prep schools don't take you if the kid doesn't have the grades. Colleges are just starting to look at u16 now. Many colleges don't even look at kids that young. If you are thinking prep and college at first year squirts then I guarantee your kid will feel the pressure and burn out. Best 02 in New England burned out a few years ago and no longer plays. So lighten up and take it all as it comes It will be fun and enjoyable. If your kid is good enough then he will be noticed when the time is right. The 08's are not stacked

All I see are words and negativity. 2008's are here to stay.

Even when the hittin' starts!

Brick Caliber
Anon
Ricky Bobby
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"Brick caliber coach"

No joke though, the 2010's are quickly becoming the next Super Class. There are a handful of kids in the 2010 class who are already playing up at the 09' level. People are talking about the 08's but the 2010's are starting to garner their own fair share of attention. The skill level these kids have at such a young age really is amazing. This isn't joke hockey, these kids are moving the puck well and playing system hockey.

Anon
Brick Caliber
Anon
Ricky Bobby
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"Brick caliber coach"

No joke though, the 2010's are quickly becoming the next Super Class. There are a handful of kids in the 2010 class who are already playing up at the 09' level. People are talking about the 08's but the 2010's are starting to garner their own fair share of attention. The skill level these kids have at such a young age really is amazing. This isn't joke hockey, these kids are moving the puck well and playing system hockey.

It's amazing how much skill these kids have at such a young age. Comparing it to mites and squirts in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Crazy how the game has advanced.

I am going to have a few cocktails tonight with the wife and produce a 2018 that will be a lock for D1, NHL and HOF. Come on Dboard - who wants begin tonight to put together the GOAT youth hockey team?

2018's
I am going to have a few cocktails tonight with the wife and produce a 2018 that will be a lock for D1, NHL and HOF. Come on Dboard - who wants begin tonight to put together the GOAT youth hockey team?

Pffft, if you were serious you would schedule that kid to be a January baby !

2018's

Sorry your j1zz got cut

2018's

Wait until next spring for an early 2019. Your kid has no chance with a July/August birthday.

anon
2018's

Wait until next spring for an early 2019. Your kid has no chance with a July/August birthday.
Malcolm Gladwell is editing as we speak. Has found it's all about even birth years now. I've heard there are '12s playing up on the '10 teams that are losing players to the '09s.

Anon
anon
2018's

Malcolm Gladwell is editing as we speak. Has found it's all about even birth years now. I've heard there are '12s playing up on the '10 teams that are losing players to the '09s.

Correct, but it alternates even/odd every year.

of course IHC manipulates MHR. $$$ talks.

anon
of course IHC manipulates MHR. $$$ talks.
Man, it must suck to be poor and hate everyone with $$$.

2018's
You can't have babies having sex the way your wife likes it when she's drunk. Trust me on that.

Anon
2018's
You can't have babies having sex the way your wife likes it when she's drunk. Trust me on that.

Hemorrhoids and tonsils can't get pregnant you say

K. TOURNAMENT SEEDING (i)
Once the teams have been identified who will participate in the Mass Hockey Tier I/Tier II National Bound Tournaments they will be seeded using the most recent My Hockey Rankings mathematical formula available to the Tournament Committee based upon all USA Hockey games played. At the credentials meeting, teams will provide a list of all games played to date with date, time, location and results for review by the Tournament Committee.

http://www.mahockey.org/tourneyguide

Toe Blake
Anon
Brick Caliber
Anon
Ricky Bobby
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"Brick caliber coach"

It's amazing how much skill these kids have at such a young age. Comparing it to mites and squirts in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Crazy how the game has advanced.

True. Kids seem to have more skills which is how they are being coached. Lots more touches in practice small area games etc. they learn to play with head up and pass the puck. The EHF isn't the only league doing this. They all are doing it. Usa hockey is using these techniques as their model. So the Midwest, New York, West coast are all doing it Their kids are just as talented

If your coach is coaching the kids to play a system at mites and squirts get your kid out of there. Systems have no business at these age groups

Brick Caliber
Anon
Ricky Bobby
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"Brick caliber coach"

Hey fool! You ready for another beating? You shoulda never came back!

clubber lang
Brick Caliber
Anon
Ricky Bobby
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

"Brick caliber coach"

Hey fool! You ready for another beating? You shoulda never came back!

After reading all this stuff. I am convinced. The 08's are double stacked !!!! Recommendations to actually play pee wees (2 years not 1 year up)from prep coaches, "Brick qualified" coaches claiming best in a generation and comparisons to Bobby friggin Orr no less have me sold. I am guessing in 10 years we will see all NHL first round picks come from EHF elite alumni. D1 schools will be full of EHF players. Scholarships will be given out like candy on Halloween. (Don't skip practice on Halloween. Must keep things in focus $$$) In 35 years, who will be the first of many NHL hall of famers inducted?

The gene pool for the 08's must be unbelievable. Scientists will be doing studies on the New England water and how mommy met daddy. If the mommies were specimens the dboard would have mentioned them in the "what team has the best mommies?" thread. I don't see 08 dads built like NFL linebackers. Yet everybody in the EHF at this age group has solved the path the the NHL.

you people are off the charts nuts !!!!!

Anon

If there are any prep coaches at an 08 game it's cause they are watching their own kid play. No prep coach would recommend a kid play up 2 years. That is just outright stupid. Prep coaches are watching bantam minor, and U 14. Any kid that comes in through junior high and can play is a bonus. They are not recruiting squirt minor. Your friend needs to get her ears cleaned. Way too much wax or she had a few too many Chardonnays. Also, if by the one chance in a million you are right the coaches would be approaching the parents to see about enrolling. There are no recruiting restrictions to recruiting prep students

The 08's are stacked but the parents are clueless

I am sorry your kids team is not ranked.... most if not all of the better tournaments in the country use it to invite and divide teams. most if not all of the better teams in the country, for this reason, enter scores and keep them updated.... most if not all of the people who complain about this are on teams that are not near the top and can't get past that.... this is a good tool for what is was designed for... rating teams so people do not travel across the country to win or lose by 10... and yes for the most part it is very accurate and gets more so as the kids get older.

Mental midgets. Rankings are based on strength of schedule and goal differential, so yeah....no. Not rigged. Get your lazy mom-ager off pinterest and tell her to make herself useful and start entering your team's results onto the site.

Though your daddy coach will probably poo-poo the rankings as "useless", heaven forbid parents catch on to the fact that he is a terrible coach and the team stinks compared to other programs... plus really he doesn't want you to realize that he's only doing it for his bender's free tuition and unlimited ice time.

Anon
Anon
Anon

MHR is a website that works by anyone signing up as a volunteer to enter scores as an administrator for your division. Once you sign up as an administrator for your team, you are supposed to enter the scores for your division each and every weekend.

They are verified (somewhat)by other volunteers making entries, but it is very easy to leave out a game here and there that would negatively affect your ranking.

that, and it is optional, so the EHF pretty much was the predominate league in this area entering scores, some leagues don't even enter scores there at all.

However you see this year, there are lots of new teams showing up on MHR from outside this region, and wow, look at that, those same EHF teams are now dropping in rankings as a result !

I am getting the feeling you are not a big fan of performance reviews at work either?

Anon
Anon
Anon

You are correct about other leagues adding scores. Looking at 06 Tier 2 and there is several gulp EMHL teams leading the pack. Where are the T1 Black teams? Once the EHF teams are not in the top anymore this site will be labeled as irrelevant.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

You are correct about other leagues adding scores. Looking at 06 Tier 2 and there is several gulp EMHL teams leading the pack. Where are the T1 Black teams? Once the EHF teams are not in the top anymore this site will be labeled as irrelevant.
Exactly.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Exactly.

Exactly. and I am not bitter nor care either way about my sons teams ranking because I know it is irreleveant, quite the opposite. Actually, his team is ranked in the top twenty and I don't think they are that good, to be honest.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Exactly.

Exactly. and I am not bitter nor care either way about my sons teams ranking because I know it is irreleveant, quite the opposite. Actually, his team is ranked in the top twenty and I don't think they are that good, to be honest.

The rankings are skewed early in the season but become accurate as the season progresses.

I have no problems using MHR to slot teams in tournaments because I think it is the best tool we have.

And I agree with the previous poster, if you don't see your team's score posted, contact your Team Parent because the site is run by volunteers.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

What games are missing for 2006? I'll add them right now. Or you can. Just go to the website. Then you can see that EHF Tier 1 Black is not that far ahead of EMHL.

All Tier 2 teams seem to weighted evenly regardless of league, which would skew the rankings considerably. It seems that the formula weighs EMHL games evenly with Their 1 Black/white/silver/BHL American games. That would be a mistake and effectively render the Mass. T2 rankings useless.

How can an EMHL team, having only played EMHL games have a considerably higher strength of schedule quotient than a T1 Black team that has played Tier 1 black league games, and tourney games vs legit AAA Elite teams?

Anon
All Tier 2 teams seem to weighted evenly regardless of league, which would skew the rankings considerably. It seems that the formula weighs EMHL games evenly with Their 1 Black/white/silver/BHL American games. That would be a mistake and effectively render the Mass. T2 rankings useless.

How can an EMHL team, having only played EMHL games have a considerably higher strength of schedule quotient than a T1 Black team that has played Tier 1 black league games, and tourney games vs legit AAA Elite teams?
Umm, forget the rankings, Mass Tier 2 hockey is useless. It's recreational, house hockey. At most, a place for your kid to spend a year developing, and then moving on. Otherwise,. it's just for fun, and then rankings don't really matter, now do they?

Anon

This is funny, thanks for the chuckle... everyone knows that Tier 1 Black White and Silver are no different from BHL and EMHL, except the parents of EHF black white and silver teams.

The weighting is the same, they are all weighted equally because they are all pretty much the same ! YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE DIFFERENT !

Anon
...everyone knows that Tier 1 Black... are no different from BHL and EMHL....

And there it is.... the dumbest thing I've read in awhile. My kid's AA town team can handle your EMHL dusters with ease.

With all due respect, why are we talking about town hockey and different leagues that have colors associated with them under the heading of Hockey Rankings? If anyone's point is that rankings at this level are not very accurate you are likely correct. I think the point of many is when you talk about the top teams in the country that are traveling and playing each other the data is good and the rankings are helpful.

ANON
With all due respect, why are we talking about town hockey and different leagues that have colors associated with them under the heading of Hockey Rankings? If anyone's point is that rankings at this level are not very accurate you are likely correct. I think the point of many is when you talk about the top teams in the country that are traveling and playing each other the data is good and the rankings are helpful.

The issues the crazies have here is that they don't see there Tier 1 Black teams at the top of rankings, and therefore go into panic mode about broken algorithms or difference of weightings. When the reality is they are ranked appropriately

Unfortunately Tier 1 Black and White parents can't see that because they have been told that their divisions are almost as good as EHF elite and those are the best kids in the world..

Total Joke, Just face the facts. Tier 1 Black has a few good players scattered throughout the league, Tier 1 White has a few players that could make the jump to Black, but overall are not very good. Tier 1 Silver is the best thing I have ever seen, its like a cruel joke on the families that they are letting go on all season instead of telling you that you are on a hidden camera tv show !!

Anon
ANON

The issues the crazies have here is that they don't see there Tier 1 Black teams at the top of rankings, and therefore go into panic mode about broken algorithms or difference of weightings. When the reality is they are ranked appropriately

Unfortunately Tier 1 Black and White parents can't see that because they have been told that their divisions are almost as good as EHF elite and those are the best kids in the world..

Total Joke, Just face the facts. Tier 1 Black has a few good players scattered throughout the league, Tier 1 White has a few players that could make the jump to Black, but overall are not very good. Tier 1 Silver is the best thing I have ever seen, its like a cruel joke on the families that they are letting go on all season instead of telling you that you are on a hidden camera tv show !!

It's D-board human nature. The rankings come out... If your team is at or better than expected, the rankings are "correct" and are "spot on."

If you bender's team is ranked lower than expected you spend the next 6 days bashing the "algorithm."

Anyone with an ounce of brain matter in the hockey world knows that those rankings may not be totally perfect, but year in and year out are very, very close to the real order in youth hockey when it comes to the top teams.

**disclaimer** Anything that happens below #20 is up for discussion as it's a perfect storm of really bad AAA teams, AA teams, Select teams, new programs etc.

All EMHL teams were ranked lower last year due to strength of schedule and goal differential...the thing that has not been mentioned is how a team is rated at the beginning of the year. The problem is that last year's ratings for all teams have not carried over as the beginning rating for the current season. Why is that?

Anon
Anon
...everyone knows that Tier 1 Black... are no different from BHL and EMHL....

And there it is.... the dumbest thing I've read in awhile. My kid's AA town team can handle your EMHL dusters with ease.

I think his point is that your kid's AA town team could also handle several of the T1 Black teams as well. It likely has a few T1 kids playing on it.

If this is true, then why are all EMHL teams ranked lower than every other league last year during the Squirt Major season? What changed if it is an algorithm calculating strength of schedule and goal differential?

BEACON
If this is true, then why are all EMHL teams ranked lower than every other league last year during the Squirt Major season? What changed if it is an algorithm calculating strength of schedule and goal differential?

Like a poster above said, if you're looking at tier 2 rankings please give it a rest. I'm certain you went to the top ranked community college as well.

The Tier 1 algorithm is off as well knucklehead!! I never made it to community college.

BACON
BEACON

Like a poster above said, if you're looking at tier 2 rankings please give it a rest. I'm certain you went to the top ranked community college as well.
Anyone that mentions "EMHL" and "rankings" in the same thought has zero credibility.

sorry your league got cut

Anon
BACON
BEACON

Anyone that mentions "EMHL" and "rankings" in the same thought has zero credibility.

Anyone that mentions algorithms and youth hockey in the same thought has zero credibility.

Anon
Anon
BACON
BEACON

Anyone that mentions algorithms and youth hockey in the same thought has zero credibility.

#fedelite4lyfe

anon
Anon
Anon
BACON
BEACON

#fedelite4lyfe
EHF is much better about entering scores than most if not all leagues, ensuring that they're at the top of the rankings. They use the site as a marketing tool, and they do it very well, like most of their marketing efforts. It's the deranged parents that think it means something.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
BACON
BEACON

#fedelite4lyfe
EHF is much better about entering scores than most if not all leagues, ensuring that they're at the top of the rankings. They use the site as a marketing tool, and they do it very well, like most of their marketing efforts. It's the deranged parents that think it means something.

Sorry your scores got cut

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
BACON
BEACON

#fedelite4lyfe

Sorry your scores got cut
In other words, that post is dead on.

Anomaly. MHR already knows it's the 10th rung of hockey in MA, EMHL dads: enjoy your bender's team sitting atop the rankings in Oct. Once other teams start entering the scores your bender team's drop will be precipitous. (That means fast for you Bunker Hill CC drop-outs)

Anon
Anomaly. MHR already knows it's the 10th rung of hockey in MA, EMHL dads: enjoy your bender's team sitting atop the rankings in Oct. Once other teams start entering the scores your bender team's drop will be precipitous. (That means fast for you Bunker Hill CC drop-outs)

It's amazing that someone can get this angry over youth hockey.

Dad
Anon

Nobody is angry. Stop projecting.

Anon
Dad
Anon

Nobody is angry. Stop projecting.

You, my friend, take youth hockey WAY too seriously. Everyone knows it and we all laugh at you behind your back. Cool down.

Anon

MHR doesn't know anything. They take the scores that are entered into their system by volunteers and run a mathematical formula, then publish the results on their website.

anon
Anon

MHR doesn't know anything. They take the scores that are entered into their system by volunteers and run a mathematical formula, then publish the results on their website.

Correct, it's a ranking website dependent on data entered and verified by volunteers. Rankings are susceptible to early season inaccuracies due to limited data set/sample size. That said, it's a self-correcting system becoming increasingly accurate as the season progresses.

So are the rankings accurate?

Anon
anon
Anon

Correct, it's a ranking website dependent on data entered and verified by volunteers. Rankings are susceptible to early season inaccuracies due to limited data set/sample size. That said, it's a self-correcting system becoming increasingly accurate as the season progresses.

^^^Exactly. Now can we stop it with the conspiracy theories?

Anon

So this happened....

MM Flames (EMHL) drop from 1 to 86
NE Wolverines (EMHL) drop from 2 to 103

You you were saying EMHL dad?

Anon
Anon

So this happened....

MM Flames (EMHL) drop from 1 to 86
NE Wolverines (EMHL) drop from 2 to 103

You you were saying EMHL dad?

EMHL Strength of schedule was too high by 10 or so. Now that it's fixed, the universe can return to normal and people can start crowing about the CSDHL etc...

Anon
I mean.... That's got to be the only way.... Right?
There are so many teams and scores missing, it's borderline useless information. But great reading material for obsessed, delusional parents.

Anon

Goes to show you it doesn't mean the higher ranked team is necessarily better. It's a math formula, not a talent evaluator. A good tool for pairing teams in tournament play, not a definitive system for identifying the best team.

Sounds like you may need a committee to decide who is really the top teams.

My hockey is not perfect.. but the math does a good job identifying the top 20.. I think after that the rankings are suspect

Wolverine

Anon

Sorry your kid got cut!