The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
You know you're a daddy coach when.....?

You know you're a daddy coach when (________________) please fill in the blank.

Re: You know your a daddy coach when.....?

You know you're a daddy coach when you don't know the difference between your and you're.

Anon
You know you're a daddy coach when you don't know the difference between your and you're.

Daddy coach deflection, fist sign of said daddy coach.

...when you're willing to give up roughly 7 months of your time for little compensation, have no free weekends, listen to ******** from uneducated parents, do countless hours of work for the team away from the rink, have consistent communication to the other parents, not getting paid back in full or chasing money you put up for tournaments, having out of pocket expenses for USA Hockey coaching levels, doing 6 hour online coaching courses and safety training, taking a full weekend day every year for seminars, getting blamed for losses, coaching difficult kids, knowing idiot parents talk behind your back and smile to your face, and reading posts on an internet discussion board from people that have nothing better to do on a beautiful Thursday morning than post anonymous comments to start trouble who don't have the intelligence, ability, experience, or balls to coach themselves.

Coach, I'll drink one for you tonight.

Anon
...when you're willing to give up roughly 7 months of your time for little compensation, have no free weekends, listen to ******** from uneducated parents, do countless hours of work for the team away from the rink, have consistent communication to the other parents, not getting paid back in full or chasing money you put up for tournaments, having out of pocket expenses for USA Hockey coaching levels, doing 6 hour online coaching courses and safety training, taking a full weekend day every year for seminars, getting blamed for losses, coaching difficult kids, knowing idiot parents talk behind your back and smile to your face, and reading posts on an internet discussion board from people that have nothing better to do on a beautiful Thursday morning than post anonymous comments to start trouble who don't have the intelligence, ability, experience, or balls to coach themselves.

You poor guy. How do you do it? All that work.

Stop being a martyr. Your kid plays for free (and on the other parents dime), you run the bench and grab your own kids shirt before anyone else's. You decide who your kid plays, how often he goes out and in what situations.

Do you honestly think the people here b*tching about daddy coaches have the slightest bit of sympathy for something you volunteer to do every year. Stop it.

Then don't play for us!! Very simple. We don't force you to sign the contract. Anyone that comes on here and bitcchhes has a kid on the bottom of the team , and changes teams every year. Ya we get a discount we deserve it for dealing with people like them

Daddy coach
Then don't play for us!! Very simple. We don't force you to sign the contract. Anyone that comes on here and bitcchhes has a kid on the bottom of the team , and changes teams every year. Ya we get a discount we deserve it for dealing with people like them

Some coaches defiantly deserve a discount, most do not!

maybe the people picking the coaches should be held accountable. I only played through high school and I give coaching 100 percent. I plan every practice and send out the practice plan to my assistants by mid morning the day of practice. I also go over the practice plan with the coaches and players in the locker room before practice. And all I ask of the parents is to give me the last 5 minutes of a game. Meaning I will play whoever I want during this time. And its not the best kids every time. In a close game if a kid has been working really hard in practice and during the game then he gets to play at the end of a tight game. If my star players are dogging it or skipping practice or not paying attention then they are sitting at the end of the game.

I coach to develop the kids as much as I possibly can and not to win games. I do not care what parents think of this approach. If the organization does not want me to coach anymore I am fine with that as well. I was picked for a job and I do it to the best of my ability. There are always better and worse options out there. If your kid has a bad coach then its on the organization. Maybe the coach just needs some direction to become better. Playing D1 hockey does not necessarily make you the best coach. It doesn't hurt but its not the be all end all that some people make it out to be.

Anon
maybe the people picking the coaches should be held accountable. I only played through high school and I give coaching 100 percent. I plan every practice and send out the practice plan to my assistants by mid morning the day of practice. I also go over the practice plan with the coaches and players in the locker room before practice. And all I ask of the parents is to give me the last 5 minutes of a game. Meaning I will play whoever I want during this time. And its not the best kids every time. In a close game if a kid has been working really hard in practice and during the game then he gets to play at the end of a tight game. If my star players are dogging it or skipping practice or not paying attention then they are sitting at the end of the game.

I coach to develop the kids as much as I possibly can and not to win games. I do not care what parents think of this approach. If the organization does not want me to coach anymore I am fine with that as well. I was picked for a job and I do it to the best of my ability. There are always better and worse options out there. If your kid has a bad coach then its on the organization. Maybe the coach just needs some direction to become better. Playing D1 hockey does not necessarily make you the best coach. It doesn't hurt but its not the be all end all that some people make it out to be.

Shut it troll. It's people like you that plant the seed in the parents minds that all coaches should be as dedicated as you CLAIM to be. Please, you pump gas at the local overprice town gas station, and drink all afternoon and night. You are no coach, just a bum still hurting from not making the High School JV team .

Every coach should plan and be prepared. I am not claiming anything. I do not pump gas but what is wrong with that job. Your going to rank people on their professions as well as how good their kids are at hockey. Your a good ****. Hope your kids turn out ok despite you.

?
Anon

Shut it troll. It's people like you that plant the seed in the parents minds that all coaches should be as dedicated as you CLAIM to be. Please, you pump gas at the local overprice town gas station, and drink all afternoon and night. You are no coach, just a bum still hurting from not making the High School JV team .

Yeah the guys give an honest opinion that you dont like. here is an Idea for all you complaining losers, Step up and coach then or shut the F Up. People who complain and do nothing about it are losers. You and your bender deserve nothing. When i am in a tight game, that is right i grab my kid and throw him out there. I do it for 2 reasons. 1 is i know he can handle it because i see his work ethic everyday as opposed to your little whiners who lean against the boards in practice. Whine for water because they are tired because they had to do a drill twice. and second is because I can. I am the Coach because dbags like you cant skate and have no real clue about hockey other than what you heard from a friend who played Junior B.

Anon

Sounds like a good plan to me. Part of the problem is some coaches think they have a lot of experience and don't need to plan and are not open to change or correcting their own mistakes. Coaches who have poor results coaching generally have the same poor results in their professional and personal life.

anon
Anon

Stop being a martyr. Your kid plays for free (and on the other parents dime), you run the bench and grab your own kids shirt before anyone else's. You decide who your kid plays, how often he goes out and in what situations.

Do you honestly think the people here b*tching about daddy coaches have the slightest bit of sympathy for something you volunteer to do every year. Stop it.

In 5 years of coaching, I have cut 4 kids...each of the 4 kids were cut because of parents like this guy!^^^^

Anon
anon
Anon

In 5 years of coaching, I have cut 4 kids...each of the 4 kids were cut because of parents like this guy!^^^^

And you never looked once at your own kid or the other coaches kid who didn't belong on the team or deserve to be on the ice more than the others.

Cut the kid whose parent is raising a concern shared by all the other parents. Solid strategy to prolong your scheme.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon

And you never looked once at your own kid or the other coaches kid who didn't belong on the team or deserve to be on the ice more than the others.

Cut the kid whose parent is raising a concern shared by all the other parents. Solid strategy to prolong your scheme.

No. That's because my son is the best player on the team and leads by example through his work ethic. My assistant coach's son is a top 4 defense-man.

I cut those kids 100% because of their complaining, obnoxious parents. It happens all the time. Jaime Rice, head coach at Babson College, tweeted recently that if you are a loud, obnoxious parent...he crosses your kid off his list no matter how good he is.

I advise you to wise up and stop blaming others for your son's shortcomings. You are only doing him a disservice in what should be otherwise an enjoyable experience.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

No. That's because my son is the best player on the team and leads by example through his work ethic. My assistant coach's son is a top 4 defense-man.

I cut those kids 100% because of their complaining, obnoxious parents. It happens all the time. Jaime Rice, head coach at Babson College, tweeted recently that if you are a loud, obnoxious parent...he crosses your kid off his list no matter how good he is.

I advise you to wise up and stop blaming others for your son's shortcomings. You are only doing him a disservice in what should be otherwise an enjoyable experience.

Your son and the other daddy's kid aren't the best, you have to believe me. Other kids have caught him, he isn't dominant anymore. This is part of the syndrome.

Once you get past that, getting other kids onto the ice becomes easier.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Your son and the other daddy's kid aren't the best, you have to believe me. Other kids have caught him, he isn't dominant anymore. This is part of the syndrome.

"Syndrome"! LOL Dude, I feel bad for your kid. Will you be there for him when he gets rejected for a job or misses a promotion?

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

"Syndrome"! LOL Dude, I feel bad for your kid. Will you be there for him when he gets rejected for a job or misses a promotion?

Only if the bosses kid gets it.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Only if the bosses kid gets it.

Can we please kill this post. It had its run but really? Let it die!

Any Daddy coach posting on this board is a bottom 8th of rankings coach. Their kid is bottom 3rd with low hockey IQ but they throw him out on the ice as much as possible with those blinders on. Funny when other parents just can't pretend it's not happening anymore, jaws dropped looking at one another..... did you just see what little Johnny did.....again......

Here is what it comes down to... 1. how good is the coach day to day on ice 2. Do the kids respond to him and learn from him 3. How well does he communicate... at that point you have to balance that with his child and how good of a fit he is on team... it all falls out of balance if the coach favors his kid way too much and even more so when the child clearly can't keep up.... in the and if the guy is a good coach and his son gets along and can play nobody complains.... when the guy favors his child or his kid can't play, eventually he will stop communicating as the unspoken "secret" is obvious and it becomes impossible to have honest conversations, communication falls apart, all the inmates begin to run the asylum and March cant come fast enough.... and it starts all over again till implosion takes place.

I'm 5'4" and a daddy coach. Can't wait until I can suit up next year with the kids on the team. I'll get to relive my bantam glory years. Wooooo!

You guys poo-pooing the time and effort put in by volunteer coaches have clearly never given a minute of your own time. I guess you would rather just pay and watch. You should try putting yourself out there some time, because there are way too many like you and not enough of the guys that will put in the time and effort. They may favor their own kid, but you have to recognize the time they are putting into other (unappreciative) people's kids as well.

Spot on

Re: You know you're a daddy coach when.....?

Anon

You know you're a daddy coach when (________________). Please fill in the blank.

You know you're a daddy coach when you didn't fail English in high school like you did.

When your kid single handedly loses the game and you shift the blame to others...... also known as the "DCFS or Daddy Coach Flipping Syndrome. When suffering from DCFS the coach will mentally justify in his / her mind the over usage of their child in sporting event with statements like "he's been busting his hump in practice or all the coaches feel he should be on the PP". Effects similar to those of person hallucinating due to dihydration where individual sees things that are not actually there for example fruits or bottled water.

If childs Power Play results are in the negative (where they actually give up goals), they have a negative +/- and or child is on the ice to win a game and again has a negative impact on the final outcome, Daddy Coach should seek professional help immediately and consider stepping down while receiving treatment.

Does USA hockey cover the treatment?

When you give the reward after the game to the coach's ids consistently!

Anon
When your kid single handedly loses the game and you shift the blame to others...... also known as the "DCFS or Daddy Coach Flipping Syndrome. When suffering from DCFS the coach will mentally justify in his / her mind the over usage of their child in sporting event with statements like "he's been busting his hump in practice or all the coaches feel he should be on the PP". Effects similar to those of person hallucinating due to dihydration where individual sees things that are not actually there for example fruits or bottled water.

If childs Power Play results are in the negative (where they actually give up goals), they have a negative +/- and or child is on the ice to win a game and again has a negative impact on the final outcome, Daddy Coach should seek professional help immediately and consider stepping down while receiving treatment.

During a recent 2008 EHF game at Chelsea Piers between 2 Ct teams, my kids coach left his own kid and a couple of his buddies kids on the ice for basically the entire 3rd period. They were the only ones who "cared" or were "working hard." They are squirts.

Anon
Anon

During a recent 2008 EHF game at Chelsea Piers between 2 Ct teams, my kids coach left his own kid and a couple of his buddies kids on the ice for basically the entire 3rd period. They were the only ones who "cared" or were "working hard." They are squirts.

This is the #1 sign of DCFS please work with your coach and help him seek help immediately!!!!
Or call 1-888-plz-daddy.

Anon
Anon

This is insane if true.

So your 9 year old sat and watched his own hockey game being played and you are good?
Two questions:
What team does he play for?
Where will you bring him next year?

Annon
So your 9 year old sat and watched his own hockey game being played and you are good?
Two questions:

^^^^^ Here comes the Daddy Coach...... must be up early going over his game plan for little Johnny this weekend. Hey coach,..... let me save you some time, you will lose again today and blame the kids but not your little all star who could never make another team to save his life. Your little all star probably hates you for calling him out in practices and games which you do for show. Parents giggle when they see this.

Board members do not over-rate a Daddy Coach that played D1 or even pro. If he's a dad with a kid that is your kid's age on the team. He played hockey a long time ago. Trust me the game has evolved, and it keeps evolving. If he hasn't been actively teaching skills, or coaching then he probably hasn't kept current and is losing games to teams with lesser talent. Sad but true!

Anon
Annon
Two questions:

^^^^^ Here comes the Daddy Coach...... must be up early going over his game plan for little Johnny this weekend. Hey coach,..... let me save you some time, you will lose again today and blame the kids but not your little all star who could never make another team to save his life. Your little all star probably hates you for calling him out in practices and games which you do for show. Parents giggle when they see this.

Board members do not over-rate a Daddy Coach that played D1 or even pro. If he's a dad with a kid that is your kid's age on the team. He played hockey a long time ago. Trust me the game has evolved, and it keeps evolving. If he hasn't been actively teaching skills, or coaching then he probably hasn't kept current and is losing games to teams with lesser talent. Sad but true!

^^^So angry! Such a whiny snowflake. Your bender is not good enough, that is why he is not playing! I am one of the parents rolling my eyes when you come around the rink.

Anon
Anon
Annon
Two questions:

^^^So angry! Such a whiny snowflake. Your bender is not good enough, that is why he is not playing! I am one of the parents rolling my eyes when you come around the rink.

Sounds like Big Daddy lost again today. Feel bad for your little Johnny.

That’s how you maximize your kids exposure because you have to play for CJR Brick instead of BJB Brick!

And of course winning is the most important thing to squirt daddy coaches!

Brick
That’s how you maximize your kids exposure because you have to play for CJR Brick instead of BJB Brick!

And of course winning is the most important thing to squirt daddy coaches!

Only way you can become a Brick Qualified Coach

Anon

When you (1) want to give back to the community, (2) have hockey experience to share with others and (3) want to spend quality time with your child.

It is also a great way to get out of the stands away from delusional parents who never played the game (but still manage to have TONS of opinions) and believe all the kids should come home with a trophy.

This applies to parents with PW Majors and above...

It is easy to blame a "daddy coach" if your son is not getting playing time. But I guarantee you, everyone complaining on this message board has a son who is a bottom third player. Or he is a royal PIA.

If your son is good enough, he will play. But parents these days can't see that because they are generally soft as butter.

When you kids gets put on the 3rd line even though he should start or be on the 2nd line, when your kid never gets game puck even when he deserves it and when you give the $$ back the organization takes off your tuition to give to a player who needs it.!!

Hmm I guess there are a few good daddy coaches out there!!!

anon

When you kids gets put on the 3rd line even though he should start or be on the 2nd line, when your kid never gets game puck even when he deserves it and when you give the $$ back the organization takes off your tuition to give to a player who needs it.!!

Absolutely! There are plenty out there.

Anon
anon

Need more of the good guys and less of the Psychos.

The psychopath can appear normal, even charming. Underneath, they lie, lack conscience and empathy, making them manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal.

Anon
Anon
anon

Need more of the good guys and less of the Psychos.

The psychopath can appear normal, even charming. Underneath, they lie, lack conscience and empathy, making them manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal.

^^^Paranoid freak. Scary!