Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: You know you're a daddy coach when.....?

When you give the reward after the game to the coach's ids consistently!

Anon
When your kid single handedly loses the game and you shift the blame to others...... also known as the "DCFS or Daddy Coach Flipping Syndrome. When suffering from DCFS the coach will mentally justify in his / her mind the over usage of their child in sporting event with statements like "he's been busting his hump in practice or all the coaches feel he should be on the PP". Effects similar to those of person hallucinating due to dihydration where individual sees things that are not actually there for example fruits or bottled water.

If childs Power Play results are in the negative (where they actually give up goals), they have a negative +/- and or child is on the ice to win a game and again has a negative impact on the final outcome, Daddy Coach should seek professional help immediately and consider stepping down while receiving treatment.

During a recent 2008 EHF game at Chelsea Piers between 2 Ct teams, my kids coach left his own kid and a couple of his buddies kids on the ice for basically the entire 3rd period. They were the only ones who "cared" or were "working hard." They are squirts.

Anon
Anon
When your kid single handedly loses the game and you shift the blame to others...... also known as the "DCFS or Daddy Coach Flipping Syndrome. When suffering from DCFS the coach will mentally justify in his / her mind the over usage of their child in sporting event with statements like "he's been busting his hump in practice or all the coaches feel he should be on the PP". Effects similar to those of person hallucinating due to dihydration where individual sees things that are not actually there for example fruits or bottled water.

If childs Power Play results are in the negative (where they actually give up goals), they have a negative +/- and or child is on the ice to win a game and again has a negative impact on the final outcome, Daddy Coach should seek professional help immediately and consider stepping down while receiving treatment.

During a recent 2008 EHF game at Chelsea Piers between 2 Ct teams, my kids coach left his own kid and a couple of his buddies kids on the ice for basically the entire 3rd period. They were the only ones who "cared" or were "working hard." They are squirts.

This is the #1 sign of DCFS please work with your coach and help him seek help immediately!!!!
Or call 1-888-plz-daddy.

Anon
Anon

This is insane if true.

So your 9 year old sat and watched his own hockey game being played and you are good?
Two questions:
What team does he play for?
Where will you bring him next year?

Annon
So your 9 year old sat and watched his own hockey game being played and you are good?
Two questions:

^^^^^ Here comes the Daddy Coach...... must be up early going over his game plan for little Johnny this weekend. Hey coach,..... let me save you some time, you will lose again today and blame the kids but not your little all star who could never make another team to save his life. Your little all star probably hates you for calling him out in practices and games which you do for show. Parents giggle when they see this.

Board members do not over-rate a Daddy Coach that played D1 or even pro. If he's a dad with a kid that is your kid's age on the team. He played hockey a long time ago. Trust me the game has evolved, and it keeps evolving. If he hasn't been actively teaching skills, or coaching then he probably hasn't kept current and is losing games to teams with lesser talent. Sad but true!

Anon
Annon
Two questions:

^^^^^ Here comes the Daddy Coach...... must be up early going over his game plan for little Johnny this weekend. Hey coach,..... let me save you some time, you will lose again today and blame the kids but not your little all star who could never make another team to save his life. Your little all star probably hates you for calling him out in practices and games which you do for show. Parents giggle when they see this.

Board members do not over-rate a Daddy Coach that played D1 or even pro. If he's a dad with a kid that is your kid's age on the team. He played hockey a long time ago. Trust me the game has evolved, and it keeps evolving. If he hasn't been actively teaching skills, or coaching then he probably hasn't kept current and is losing games to teams with lesser talent. Sad but true!

^^^So angry! Such a whiny snowflake. Your bender is not good enough, that is why he is not playing! I am one of the parents rolling my eyes when you come around the rink.

Anon
Anon
Annon
Two questions:

^^^So angry! Such a whiny snowflake. Your bender is not good enough, that is why he is not playing! I am one of the parents rolling my eyes when you come around the rink.

Sounds like Big Daddy lost again today. Feel bad for your little Johnny.

That’s how you maximize your kids exposure because you have to play for CJR Brick instead of BJB Brick!

And of course winning is the most important thing to squirt daddy coaches!

Brick
That’s how you maximize your kids exposure because you have to play for CJR Brick instead of BJB Brick!

And of course winning is the most important thing to squirt daddy coaches!

Only way you can become a Brick Qualified Coach

Anon
You know you're a daddy coach when (________________) please fill in the blank.

When you (1) want to give back to the community, (2) have hockey experience to share with others and (3) want to spend quality time with your child.

It is also a great way to get out of the stands away from delusional parents who never played the game (but still manage to have TONS of opinions) and believe all the kids should come home with a trophy.

This applies to parents with PW Majors and above...

It is easy to blame a "daddy coach" if your son is not getting playing time. But I guarantee you, everyone complaining on this message board has a son who is a bottom third player. Or he is a royal PIA.

If your son is good enough, he will play. But parents these days can't see that because they are generally soft as butter.

When you kids gets put on the 3rd line even though he should start or be on the 2nd line, when your kid never gets game puck even when he deserves it and when you give the $$ back the organization takes off your tuition to give to a player who needs it.!!

Hmm I guess there are a few good daddy coaches out there!!!

anon

When you kids gets put on the 3rd line even though he should start or be on the 2nd line, when your kid never gets game puck even when he deserves it and when you give the $$ back the organization takes off your tuition to give to a player who needs it.!!

Absolutely! There are plenty out there.

Anon
anon

Need more of the good guys and less of the Psychos.

The psychopath can appear normal, even charming. Underneath, they lie, lack conscience and empathy, making them manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal.

Anon
Anon
anon

Need more of the good guys and less of the Psychos.

The psychopath can appear normal, even charming. Underneath, they lie, lack conscience and empathy, making them manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal.

^^^Paranoid freak. Scary!