Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bauer World invite

Anon
anon
BADad
06 Baked Beans (90% BA team) just took down #1 06 team in the country, Team Illinois. So much for the E9 being inferior,

So BA had to bring in some ringers to play Team Illinois and won by one goal and you think thats accomplishing something?
A win's a win. Sorry it doesn't fit in with your world view.

Top 3 teams are legit in the 06 E9. After that....not so much. Nice win though for that group.

anon
BADad
06 Baked Beans (90% BA team) just took down #1 06 team in the country, Team Illinois. So much for the E9 being inferior,

So BA had to bring in some ringers to play Team Illinois and won by one goal and you think thats accomplishing something?
No dog in this fight - but it's good to see MA kids winning at any level against other areas of the country. Not sure where the hate on leagues comes from, but it's a huge waste of time and energy.

BADad

Honestly...06?! Who cares.

Anon
BADad

Honestly...06?! Who cares.

Half these kids won't even be playing hockey in 2 years. They still need money to wipe their *sses!

The 10% came from the Lovell knights, middlesex ice men and the 95 giants. All Lovell players.

BADad
The 10% came from the Lovell knights, middlesex ice men and the 95 giants. All Lovell players.

AA Bracket?

Great coaching. Ti is a very good team, so cannot understate the achievement of a local team in beating them even by a single goal!

I remember traveling all over when my guy was 10 to play "better" competition. Now that he is 15 and playing for a top 10 team I realize how stupid it was for all that travel. The prep school he wanted to play for came and watched him at our home rink 12 minutes from our house, wish I could have all that money back from plane tickets, hotels,etc.. Go easy, very good competition within 60 miles of anywhere in MA.

anon
I remember traveling all over when my guy was 10 to play "better" competition. Now that he is 15 and playing for a top 10 team I realize how stupid it was for all that travel. The prep school he wanted to play for came and watched him at our home rink 12 minutes from our house, wish I could have all that money back from plane tickets, hotels,etc.. Go easy, very good competition within 60 miles of anywhere in MA.
Funny, the "best times" my kid and I have had were when we flew to tournament cities. Guess to me it was more about me and the kid than being "discovered." Like you, that's happened locally, but I still wouldn't trade in the memories for a full refund.

You’re missing the point, and it must be nice to have $ to burn
Take trips with your family, enjoy the memories, but local competition is all you need to advance in the sport.

Anon
You’re missing the point, and it must be nice to have $ to burn
Take trips with your family, enjoy the memories, but local competition is all you need to advance in the sport.
No, I'm not missing the point. Are you? Everything is what you make of it. Did you DO anything when you went to these cities to make the trip memorable? Or did you go hotel-to-rink-to-chain restaurant-to-hotel?

I've always made it a point to find something that reinforces what the city is when we travel. Then, when we're done, we have the hockey AND something to remember.

And the hockey was better than you find in this area, too. It's shown me what's out there, and has helped me to understand how utterly pointless the EHF vs. Fed dick-swinging is.

BTW, as for the money, I used mostly credit card points for the airfares and hotels, so the weekends weren't wallet busters.