Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Blame the Goalie routine

So let me make sure I have this right. We have a goalie dad blaming the defenseman while complaining about how the Dman dads always blame the goalie.

#hypocrisy

And it’s usually the fault if the forwards failing to backcheck, picking up a man and playing to low in the defensive zone.

Anon
And it’s usually the fault if the forwards failing to backcheck, picking up a man and playing to low in the defensive zone.
So, we've progressed from the D parent blaming the goalie to the D blaming the forwards for lack of back checking. Of course this is from a D parent. Just like the forward parents will blame goals going in on defense because the loss couldn't be due to them not scoring. Just so typical. The breakdown can happen at any of those levels. It happens at the pros so why wouldn't it happen at the youth level. It's just unfortunate we have the typical snowflake parent that will put blame on whatever position their kid is NOT playing

Us parents learned from the Elite parents to blame it all on the coach! It's a mutiny!

Goalie Dad, your to new to all of this to get caught up in the fault game. Its the 5 kids on the ice plus the goalies fault when a goal is scored, if your going to start getting over defensive now, burn the equipment and have your kid learn to play out.

So I think we've covered all the possibilities - Goalie dads blame D, D dads blame Forwards, everyone blames the coach.

Strip that all aside and we get to - if you don't know when it was your kid that made the mistake that led to the goal, you're still watching the game through Daddy Goggles.

And it's OK if your kid makes a mistake. It's a game of mistakes. The best kids learn from them. Some don't.

I guess that's why it's a 'team sport.'

anon
So I think we've covered all the possibilities - Goalie dads blame D, D dads blame Forwards, everyone blames the coach.

Strip that all aside and we get to - if you don't know when it was your kid that made the mistake that led to the goal, you're still watching the game through Daddy Goggles.

And it's OK if your kid makes a mistake. It's a game of mistakes. The best kids learn from them. Some don't.
you forgot the ref that is 'too lazy' to get in the 'right' position for the 'obvious' off-sides.