Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Best Peewees / where they end-up.

Anon
If they were '96's, I believe you also watched AG from Northeastern(HockeyEast). So 3 out of 30 pee wees playing D1 now, and you're complaining???
Great point. AG was nothing special until about 3-4 years ago. Hardly a standout as a peewee.

anon
O.K., maybe this will shine a little perspective on this whole youth hockey thing.

A handful of years ago my oldest boy was playing a game at Pilgrim in Hingham. A couple of the dads said, "Hey go over to the other rink and watch these kids they are unreal." Walked over to the A rink and Boston Advantage was playing Honeybaked or maybe it was Belle Tire from Detroit. Not sure what it was but it was a Peewee Tournament against the Tier I type teams.

Watching and there were two or three kids who stood out - a couple people in the know said - "watch this kid he is the best kid at his age in the country." So for grins I wrote a couple of the kid's names down on a sheet of paper and took it home. The list ended-up in the back of a drawer and I recently found it. Looked the kids up on Hockey DB to see where they are now. Both are 21 and playing college hockey in the Atlantic Hockey Conference....good but not Hockey East, The Big Ten or the AHL / NHL.

You never know, you never know.
Wait... ten years ago you were at a rink and someone told you to go watch the game next door. You did and you wrote the names down of a few kids because people next to you said they were really good ????

Then you tucked that piece of paper away and went and found it ten years later and did some research on those kids.

You sir are a liar. Stop the Fake News to push your agenda. Come out and say what you want to say and drop the names you want to drop instead of doing it surreptitiously with lies you coward !

I agree, This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here and that is saying a lot. Even if this was a joke it is still terrible that someone would waste their time writing it and even worse me responding to it!

Anon
anon
O.K., maybe this will shine a little perspective on this whole youth hockey thing.

A handful of years ago my oldest boy was playing a game at Pilgrim in Hingham. A couple of the dads said, \"Hey go over to the other rink and watch these kids they are unreal.\" Walked over to the A rink and Boston Advantage was playing Honeybaked or maybe it was Belle Tire from Detroit. Not sure what it was but it was a Peewee Tournament against the Tier I type teams.

Watching and there were two or three kids who stood out - a couple people in the know said - \"watch this kid he is the best kid at his age in the country.\" So for grins I wrote a couple of the kid\'s names down on a sheet of paper and took it home. The list ended-up in the back of a drawer and I recently found it. Looked the kids up on Hockey DB to see where they are now. Both are 21 and playing college hockey in the Atlantic Hockey Conference....good but not Hockey East, The Big Ten or the AHL / NHL.

Wait... ten years ago you were at a rink and someone told you to go watch the game next door. You did and you wrote the names down of a few kids because people next to you said they were really good ????

Then you tucked that piece of paper away and went and found it ten years later and did some research on those kids.

You sir are a liar. Stop the Fake News to push your agenda. Come out and say what you want to say and drop the names you want to drop instead of doing it surreptitiously with lies you coward !
Drop the names? Like you know the kids coming out of Detroit who happen to play in the Atlantic Hockey Conference? Stop the stupid posts.

anon
Anon
anon

A handful of years ago my oldest boy was playing a game at Pilgrim in Hingham. A couple of the dads said, \\\"Hey go over to the other rink and watch these kids they are unreal.\\\" Walked over to the A rink and Boston Advantage was playing Honeybaked or maybe it was Belle Tire from Detroit. Not sure what it was but it was a Peewee Tournament against the Tier I type teams.

Watching and there were two or three kids who stood out - a couple people in the know said - \\\"watch this kid he is the best kid at his age in the country.\\\" So for grins I wrote a couple of the kid\\\'s names down on a sheet of paper and took it home. The list ended-up in the back of a drawer and I recently found it. Looked the kids up on Hockey DB to see where they are now. Both are 21 and playing college hockey in the Atlantic Hockey Conference....good but not Hockey East, The Big Ten or the AHL / NHL.

Drop the names? Like you know the kids coming out of Detroit who happen to play in the Atlantic Hockey Conference? Stop the stupid posts.
No, but if I had them written down on a piece of paper that I had stashed for the last ten years then I assume the names would be at hand for the poster. And we all know he was not referring to the Detroit Team.

There were no local kids who qualified as "the best kid at his age in the country." I agree with the previous guy, stop the stupid posts.

Fine, their names are Anon, List Guy, and Wolverine.

all the best PeeWee's play in the E9

anon
all the best PeeWee's play in the E9
Soon all the best pee wees will be from the 08 birth year because ................ the 08’s are stacked !!!!!!

If your looking at skill, strength, iq, and future potential he is not in the E9.
Enough said.

jesus, what a loser...