Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Playing up

Wait until the hittin' starts!

anon
Wait until the hittin' starts!
hey buddy open your eyes hitting is gone from the game of hockey.

Anon
Anon
Yes, Happens all the time
Actually it doesn't happen that often in New England at first year checking.
Maybe in your circle or organization, but yes...it happens all the time.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Actually it doesn\'t happen that often in New England at first year checking.
It happens at the younger birth years not as much at the older birth years regardless of "what circle you run in". Maybe it's a standard in the NEPHL league. Probably the circle the last poster runs in.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Actually it doesn\\\'t happen that often in New England at first year checking.
It happens at the younger birth years not as much at the older birth years regardless of "what circle you run in". Maybe it's a standard in the NEPHL league. Probably the circle the last poster runs in.
First Off... Are you aware of how many 05's are playing up as 04's in EHF, E9, BHL ? I know it is tough to understand that 05's that are that good when you see you your own kid.

Are you also aware that "first year checking in New England" has changed from 11 YO to 13 YO In New England and it is not as big as a jump as you think, most high level pee wee kids are playing a physical game that has more checking than I saw in the PHL 16U Championship games this past weekend.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Actually it doesn\\\\\\\'t happen that often in New England at first year checking.
It happens at the younger birth years not as much at the older birth years regardless of \"what circle you run in\". Maybe it\'s a standard in the NEPHL league. Probably the circle the last poster runs in.
First Off... Are you aware of how many 05's are playing up as 04's in EHF, E9, BHL ? I know it is tough to understand that 05's that are that good when you see you your own kid.

Are you also aware that "first year checking in New England" has changed from 11 YO to 13 YO In New England and it is not as big as a jump as you think, most high level pee wee kids are playing a physical game that has more checking than I saw in the PHL 16U Championship games this past weekend.
Yes I am aware, not that many are playing up and BHL is a joke, so is 2/3rds of the E9. So believe me when I say not to. Any true elite kids are playing up.

"First Off... Are you aware of how many 05's are playing up as 04's in EHF, E9, BHL ? I know it is tough to understand that 05's that are that good when you see you your own kid.

Are you also aware that "first year checking in New England" has changed from 11 YO to 13 YO In New England and it is not as big as a jump as you think, most high level pee wee kids are playing a physical game that has more checking than I saw in the PHL 16U Championship games this past weekend. "

Right now, when any 05 plays up on an 04 team, it is nothing more than a money grab. Coaches need kids to round out their 04B and 04C teams - that's it. No 05 player plays up on the 04 Elite team, with a handful of exceptions. 05E players stay on their 05E teams, as they aren't pick for 04E teams and they aren't stupid enough to jump to an 04B or 04C team. Many 05s will play 04 level as fill-ins, for games here and there. Keep writing those check!

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Actually it doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t happen that often in New England at first year checking.
It happens at the younger birth years not as much at the older birth years regardless of \\\"what circle you run in\\\". Maybe it\\\'s a standard in the NEPHL league. Probably the circle the last poster runs in.
First Off... Are you aware of how many 05\'s are playing up as 04\'s in EHF, E9, BHL ? I know it is tough to understand that 05\'s that are that good when you see you your own kid.

Are you also aware that \"first year checking in New England\" has changed from 11 YO to 13 YO In New England and it is not as big as a jump as you think, most high level pee wee kids are playing a physical game that has more checking than I saw in the PHL 16U Championship games this past weekend.
Yes I am aware, not that many are playing up and BHL is a joke, so is 2/3rds of the E9. So believe me when I say not to. Any true elite kids are playing up.
You have no credibility. EHF isn't "elite." Grow up.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Actually it doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t happen that often in New England at first year checking.
It happens at the younger birth years not as much at the older birth years regardless of \\\"what circle you run in\\\". Maybe it\\\'s a standard in the NEPHL league. Probably the circle the last poster runs in.
First Off... Are you aware of how many 05\'s are playing up as 04\'s in EHF, E9, BHL ? I know it is tough to understand that 05\'s that are that good when you see you your own kid.

Are you also aware that \"first year checking in New England\" has changed from 11 YO to 13 YO In New England and it is not as big as a jump as you think, most high level pee wee kids are playing a physical game that has more checking than I saw in the PHL 16U Championship games this past weekend.
Another one slurping down the Kool Aid. BHL is nothing but select hockey and doesn't proclaim to be anything else. EHF and E9 has the same percentage of "elite" (made up term) players (i.e., not many).