Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Coach won't discipline his kid

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Our coach\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s kid slams his stick on the ice, smacks it against the goal posts, whacks it against the boards and harpoons the garbage can on the bench. Somehow Daddy doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t notice it. I guess he has bad vision :(.
Sounds like the 06 breakers
Any kid doing this should be asked to leave practice or game. It’s an embarrassment to the program. If you are a coach and you allow your child or any player to do this without being addressed you have missed the boat on USA Hockey., sportsmanship, parenting, integrity and so on.
Have you ever coached / had to deal with parents?

I had a kid behaving like that at the Squirt level. And we were winning. He was angry because he was a defenseman (like Grandpa was in the NHL) and wanted to score but the other team kept taking the puck away on his end-to-end rushes.

I asked him, \"would you rather be winning 3 - 1 and be scoreless or losing 4 - 2 with 2 goals.\" He said losing would be better, as long as he scored.

I told him to consider taking up golf.

I got a call from the GM that night. Dad wasn\'t happy with me.

So much for trying to teach kids about being good teammates.
So the dad went to the man instead of asking you what's up and then wants you to take him and his kid serious? What a peckerhead.
Dad wasn't even at the game. Kid got home, whined to Dad, and Dad gets on the phone.

Mom apologized for her kid's behavior, which she saw from the stands. She said she was going to talk to him about whether he wanted to continue to play the sport if it made him so miserable and wasn't fun.

And yes, dad is a total peckerhead. I know him socially. Turd in a punchbowl type.

What the #%^* are you guys talking about? If your kid has an attitude on the ice or in the locker room he should be disciplined. Doesn't matter if you are the coach. Discipline your kid when he acts like an *ss or he will end up like you and everyone will hate him.

Anon
What the #%^* are you guys talking about? If your kid has an attitude on the ice or in the locker room he should be disciplined. Doesn't matter if you are the coach. Discipline your kid when he acts like an *ss or he will end up like you and everyone will hate him.
You must be new to youth sports, Pollyanna.

Anon
Our coach\'s kid slams his stick on the ice, smacks it against the goal posts, whacks it against the boards and harpoons the garbage can on the bench. Somehow Daddy doesn\'t notice it. I guess he has bad vision :(.
Wait, What?

You get garbage cans on the bench?