The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
It's not OK to have a hockey bag that smells like a dead body is in it. Drove home from the rink last night with a kid on my kid's team and we had the windows open the whole way.
Every few weeks:
- Go to the laundromat and wash EVERYTHING except the skates and the helmet
- Skates and helmet get doused in a bucket of bleach & water, then rinsed
- Fan & dehumidifier in the room going for at least 6 hours afterwards
Every night after skating:
- All equipment gets spread out on the floor and or hung-up
- Fan & dehumidifier in the room going for at least 6 hours
No need to be that dusty bender who is on every team.
I put the stuff right in the washer with regular detergent and a bit of Borax. Fresh as a daisy.
Also, the (newish) Bauer skates can be washed in the washing machine (gentle) if you just remove the blades.
But overall, hockey players seem not to care about stink. Locker room in men's league, a nightmare. Wash your stuff, people!
Agree! Wash it....for your little brat's health and yours!