Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cape Cod Lightning

Good for the families that left the organization for any hockey club or town team. Padding the pockets of a failed organization doesn't need to be with all the options in the hockey organizations on and off cape. Why is it every entry speaking of Lightning has to be referenced back with TA comments? The two organizations are not affiliated.

CC lightning is already off and running. Zero affiliation with TA. If you are here to bash a program that literally started 2 months ago then your only mission is to stir up sh-t. If it's not for you, then stay away. Simple. It's an entry level club hockey program at an unbelievable price, and has PV and APT involved. If they stay true to their mission statement of developement, then the upside is huge. Good luck to them.

Yes, good luck to a program that is just starting. What is the percentage of TA kids that went to Lightning? Maybe that is what people see when they see CC Lightning. One of TA's failures is that it couldn't live up to what was promised or compete with The New England Junior Hurricanes. The Hurricanes was an A+ program.

The issue comes with anyone thinking we need this many teams on the Cape, or even the SS for that matter. It's all watered down, and just a bunch of programs taking whatever kids can pay in full and are 1/2 decent. It's not "true" select/elite players or leagues. Pretty silly to watch. And no, my kid didn't get cut, I'm one of the few that can admit my kid is "ok" at hockey, is fine in town hockey, has fun, it keeps him in shape and active, he makes friends as well. Oh, and he's an honor roll student, which is really all that matters. Good luck to the rest of you though....LOL

Curious.....
The issue comes with anyone thinking we need this many teams on the Cape, or even the SS for that matter. It's all watered down, and just a bunch of programs taking whatever kids can pay in full and are 1/2 decent. It's not "true" select/elite players or leagues. Pretty silly to watch. And no, my kid didn't get cut, I'm one of the few that can admit my kid is "ok" at hockey, is fine in town hockey, has fun, it keeps him in shape and active, he makes friends as well. Oh, and he's an honor roll student, which is really all that matters. Good luck to the rest of you though....LOL
I hear what you're saying to a certain extent, but here is a club team in a great rink at a great price. It's more affordable than a lot of town programs, and PV is involved. The mission statement is:

Cape Cod Lightning is dedicated to providing world class, multifaceted coaching in a comprehensive skills and
conditioning based environment. Through on-ice practice, off-ice training and competitive game play, we will emphasize
our core values while building and enhancing integral life skills for our hockey players.

It's not about creating an "elite" program. It's about playing hockey and improving. If they stay true that, I don't see the negative. Nobody is getting rich off of this, not at that price.

Curious.....
It's not an elite program, it never claimed to be.

Cape cod Lightning Peewee’s are stacked

Guessing the PW team is made up of 06/07 kids. Why not go single birth year. What was the reason to not do this.

Good luck to these guys. PV knows his hockey.

Hate to break the news to those of you who joined a town program with the impression that PV was going to be involved. Do you really believe he's going to take time away from his job with the Florida Panthers to train your kids next season? Morons.

Anon
Hate to break the news to those of you who joined a town program with the impression that PV was going to be involved. Do you really believe he's going to take time away from his job with the Florida Panthers to train your kids next season? Morons.
oh look kids, a hockey expert who calls people names on an anonymous youth hockey board.

Please -stacked!!
Not on the cape. They would be. SSC B team at best.
Go back to Town, because most town teams will be better.
Better Hurry up before Falmouth cashes all those checks.

Sorry your kid got cut....😂

Seems like there are some valid points. PV writing up a program and being there twice a month is involvement but people have the impression that he will always be there.
If people want what PV has to offer, sign your kid up for one of his summer programs. Small groups with amazing coaching staff that is there to make sure your kid succeeds.
APT comes with Falmouth town hockey so that is not an added bonus to the Lightning.

Sorry your kid made it.
I already donated to the new Falmouth ice arena when it was built. Enjoy all the "extras" they will fleece you for, maybe it's a
tax deduction.
The only development is rink bank account 😆

Outsider view here......

FYH is doing something to address what most teams have been dealing with for the last 10 years. The mass exodus to club hockey away from town hockey..EHF/E9/BHL/PHS. SSC board and PDs discuss this. SNEHL and VL also have the same issue.
FYH is fairly large and have a dedicated rink, so the new teams allow them to retain the FYH kids in their affiliate club program. Most town teams would do this if they had the numbers, but they don't.

I am not saying the team will or will not be competitive. I am not saying PHL is good or bad club hockey.

I moved my kids from a town program to club for better coaching, skills and full commitment from the the players/families. The last item has a huge impact on a teams ability to grow...when practice is considered optional by some. This is something many town families don't realize or value.

It's a low price version of what many others pay $3,000+ for. They aren't calling themselves elite and are definitely not fleecing anyone at $1,850. PV working with them for a half dozen practices is a bonus.

Anon
It's a low price version of what many others pay $3,000+ for. They aren't calling themselves elite and are definitely not fleecing anyone at $1,850. PV working with them for a half dozen practices is a bonus.
There are town SSC teams charging 1700, thats a good deal. At least your kids don't have to play at some of the crappy rinks that SSC play in.

PHL has some sh*t rinks.

Anon
PHL has some sh*t rinks.
Ok, fewer sh*tty rinks like Weymouth, Randolph, Brockton.

Agreed. If it is about “development”, then why not develope kids within Falmouth that will go on to play for Falmouth High?
Oh wait, take the money and have the kids go elsewhere in a year and start with a fresh group of families you can poach money from.
Look at the rosters, once posted, and it will be about who you know...typical.

Realist
Please -stacked!!
Not on the cape. They would be. SSC B team at best.
Go back to Town, because most town teams will be better.
Better Hurry up before Falmouth cashes all those checks.
You do understand sarcasm, right?

Are they having an 05 team ? Who will coach it ?

Anon
If its a T1 or T2 team AJ or WN will take the reins...Dont worry about a thing...just make your checks ayable to: CC Lightning...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anon
Anon
If its a T1 or T2 team AJ or WN will take the reins...Dont worry about a thing...just make your checks ayable to: CC Lightning...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Oh look another d bag trying to conflate TACC with FYH. The two have nothing to do with each other, and they never will.