TPE

Rosters are out.

Re: TPE

Anon
Rosters are out.
???

Comical...

I can't speak for the out-of-state kids, but I personally know of three local 05 kids that are already being recruited by "better" prep schools that aren't on any of these rosters. The time is coming to an end for your "friends and family" so enjoy it for this last year coming up!

I also see that almost the entire mediocre IHC 05E team has been "selected". If they were that good, they would have motored through the EHF...including their weak defense.

I see good national representation in 06’s ... top teams in the country represented

Sorry your kid got cut from the TPE!

Anon
Sorry your kid got cut from the TPE!
Sorry your kid is not good enough to be recruited by a "better" prep school. Have fun at TPE !!! :laughing:

Can’t speak for the 05s but the 04s look right.

Anon
04’s got it right?? Why do they all look like coaches kids? Breakers have 3 on there without their best D and Goalie, and they were in last place. No representation from the Bandits.. where is the 6ft D. Eagles 6 kids, 6th place without their goalie listed? 04’s did not get it right. It’s the friends and family

Anon
Anon
04’s got it right?? Why do they all look like coaches kids? Breakers have 3 on there without their best D and Goalie, and they were in last place. No representation from the Bandits.. where is the 6ft D. Eagles 6 kids, 6th place without their goalie listed? 04’s did not get it right. It’s the friends and family
2 Bandits D there, one very, very questionable Top 4 04 Forwards are there. BJE/BJT/PRC/Islanders Top 04 D are there Islanders/TG/BB/CT

Anon
Anon
Sorry your kid wasn’t selected.

At the 04 level this looks pretty good for local kids. It’s not about the team but the individual talent of each kid. A lot of kids still living off their reputation from mites/squirts and some who have matured faster then others. It will all even out, but the cream is rising to the top.

Anon
I see good national representation in 06’s ... top teams in the country represented
MEH....another money grab....similar to JHP and a few others....:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Anon
Anon
MEH....another money grab....similar to JHP and a few others....:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleeping: :sleeping:
My kid was selected and is going but I know he was selected by his coach and not some “super scout”

Anon
Anon
Let me educate you on how this works. Emails go out to coaches to select kids to play at the TPE. Most of the 04’s were selected 3 years ago and get an automatic invite for the next two years. There were many kids that played the last two years that are not on the roster, but if they played in the past they were “selected” again. Again, coaches chose who got the invites.

^^^. Thank you the insightful double post professor perckerwood. Happy to hear that your kid is just a legacy bender. My kid will enjoy putting him through the boards to get a scholarship.

Anon
Comical...

I can't speak for the out-of-state kids, but I personally know of three local 05 kids that are already being recruited by "better" prep schools that aren't on any of these rosters. The time is coming to an end for your "friends and family" so enjoy it for this last year coming up!

I also see that almost the entire mediocre IHC 05E team has been "selected". If they were that good, they would have motored through the EHF...including their weak defense.
Comical, “better” prep schools are not recruiting 05, they are recruiting 03s. They want freshman not 7/8th graders.

Anon
Anon
Comical...

I can\'t speak for the out-of-state kids, but I personally know of three local 05 kids that are already being recruited by \"better\" prep schools that aren\'t on any of these rosters. The time is coming to an end for your \"friends and family\" so enjoy it for this last year coming up!

I also see that almost the entire mediocre IHC 05E team has been \"selected\". If they were that good, they would have motored through the EHF...including their weak defense.
Comical, “better” prep schools are not recruiting 05, they are recruiting 03s. They want freshman not 7/8th graders.
Keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel good. If you knew anything about how the process works, you would know that the "better" prep schools are already laying foundations and starting conversations for 1-2 years down the road...

It's wonderful to hear people who think they know everything and just spout out crap. Sorry your kid isn't good enough to start having these conversations...

Anon
Anon
Anon
Comical...

I can\\'t speak for the out-of-state kids, but I personally know of three local 05 kids that are already being recruited by \\"better\\" prep schools that aren\\'t on any of these rosters. The time is coming to an end for your \\"friends and family\\" so enjoy it for this last year coming up!

I also see that almost the entire mediocre IHC 05E team has been \\"selected\\". If they were that good, they would have motored through the EHF...including their weak defense.
Keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel good. If you knew anything about how the process works, you would know that the "better" prep schools are already laying foundations and starting conversations for 1-2 years down the road...

It's wonderful to hear people who think they know everything and just spout out crap. Sorry your kid isn't good enough to start having these conversations...
paying $50k for 4 months of middle school hockey sounds like a really good idea

Money grab? Every top prep school was there last year all weekend. Plenty of college coaches there as well watching 03's last year. Fact! This year top 04's will be the target. From the looks of it this year you have Shattuck st mary''s ,National devt program,all prep schools, Wisconsin and HE schools in attendance. if Shattuck st Mary's is coming out...they are coming out to look at players. No other spring tourney or event can say that. Pretty sure none of these people will be at the Shamrock tourney next week.

Just another delusional hockey parent. Good luck with your “scholarship”. He will be throwing back beers with my kid in a few years wishing his dad put the money he spent on “showcases” and useless summer hockey tournaments into a 529 instead of banking on a 1% chance at a scholarship when he realizes mine got out of college with zero student loans. How about you just let him play because he enjoys the game?

Sorry your kids scolly got cut!

Anon
Comical...

Dude, did you actually look at the 05 rosters??? Best teams in the country! Sorry your kids not on the list! How about, “wow! Way to go kid! You should be proud.! “

Anon
Comical...

I see the same thing at the 06 level. You can't take these things seriously. You just have to shake your head and laugh at it. Friends and family happens in all sports but it seems to be the worst in hockey with baseball being a very close second.

Love how it’s friends and family when your kids not chosen. So if TPE doesn’t qualify what does??

Honestly, How many of these kids are on it because because they have purchased their Services or just signed up? No one is going around the country scouting 06,05s. Some obvious lower end kids.

Anon
Love how it’s friends and family when your kids not chosen. So if TPE doesn’t qualify what does??
After reviewing the 05 and 06 rosters, I've noticed multiple kids who were recently cut from their mid to lower tier teams...this is nothing more than a "Glorified" weekend spring tournament...JHP Prospects did this type of event over Christmas week...the parents are actually more excited than the kids are:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ...wait until the hitting starts...

Anon
If it's not friends and family, then please explain how a 6th place middle of the road IHC 05E team has just as many players (10) on these teams as a power-house BJE team? IHC finished almost 20 points behind the BJE in the standings, never mind the whole "Q" thing...

The talent is not even close between the two teams...

Powerhouse LOL...it's a youth hockey team. Have you ever watched these 2 teams play each other? They battle every time and typically beat each other. Last year IHC sent BJE packing in a close game and this year BJE sent IHC packing in a close game.

Anon
Powerhouse LOL...it's a youth hockey team. Have you ever watched these 2 teams play each other? They battle every time and typically beat each other. Last year IHC sent BJE packing in a close game and this year BJE sent IHC packing in a close game.
GREAT !! Then that means you can't play again any of the other teams in the league! Keep trying to justify your IHC team. You still finished nowhere close to the BJE or MFF...

Your right...my kids an 04

Anon
Anon
Comical...

I can\'t speak for the out-of-state kids, but I personally know of three local 05 kids that are already being recruited by \"better\" prep schools that aren\'t on any of these rosters. The time is coming to an end for your \"friends and family\" so enjoy it for this last year coming up!

I also see that almost the entire mediocre IHC 05E team has been \"selected\". If they were that good, they would have motored through the EHF...including their weak defense.
I see the same thing at the 06 level. You can't take these things seriously. You just have to shake your head and laugh at it. Friends and family happens in all sports but it seems to be the worst in hockey with baseball being a very close second.
You pay...you get "Selected"...Mediocrity alive and well in Mass hockey...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Last year this was by far the best event. Merrimack was crawling with prep school coaches and college coaches all weekend. Audience is there...up to the kids on the ice to get their attention .

Sorry, I will never call out individual kids in this forum. I did laugh when I saw some who are listed.

Go to bed. Your kid has to be up in 5 hours to shoot pucks

Anon
Sorry, I will never call out individual kids in this forum. I did laugh when I saw some who are listed.
That shows how pathetic you are.

Looking at all the age groups looks like all top programs in the country are represented very well at this event. Honey baked,Chicago mission,CYA, Little Ceasers,Belle Tire etc...Also impressive that so many of the west coast kids are making the trip out to the East Coast. Ducks, LA Kings,Colorado etc. Definately do not see this at any of the other local Spring tournaments.

For families interested in Prep, this is a great event. Lots of prep coaches there all weekend. Last year even 04s were contacted by prep schools after this event. Seems to make a lot more sense to spend money on this than a random tournament that no Prep schools are watching. If prep is not your goal, than this may not be worth spending a spring weekend playing hockey. But the kids do also have a lot of fun and meet new kids.

Did you see list of seminar guests? Head coaches from BC, BU, NORTHEASTERN, HARVARD , SHATTUCKS, CUSHING....list goes on. Hear great things about this showcase.

This is def not a “ pay and get selected” event- if you get selected, you’d be a fool NOT to pay! Forget the scouts, coaches etc, Just being able to play with this caliber of kids on the same teams is a great experience. Having my kid play on a team with some of the best players in the country (from honeybaked, little ceasar, belle tire etc...) is awesome. He’s played against some of them but never with them. He’s pumped! You can spin it any way you like but if you got the invite, you’d be there in a heartbeat.

where is the link please?

Best question so far....link?

http://www.totalproevaluation.com/platform/

anon
Best question so far....link?
Jesus. It never ceases to amaze me how many people are mystified by search engines.

I've never understood why self-driving cars are worth the investment being made. But, I'm warming to the idea. Somehow I'm gaining a greater sense of comfort from having an ex-con transgender asleep behind the wheel, if the alternative is sharing the road with the average D Board poster.

anon
where is the link please?
If you are not smart enough to find it then your kid should not have been selected anyway !

How come MP doesn't have his kid in on this ?

oh he does, one of the many talents who don't belong at this event. if it was two teams of top talent, it would be a productive event. Half the rosters at the 05 Level are filled with average players at best...

total money grab

As someone mentioned previously...how is this a money grab when the event is drawing in all the top prep school coaches and other avenues like Shattuck and NTDP? The event is doing its part much better than any other event by a mile. Money grams are the crappy local tournaments that provide zero benefit as no prep school coaches attend those. Who cares if there is a few average players here or there. Majority of the kids listed are good youth players. Even the NHL all star game had John Scott in it. Relax and enjoy if you were invited. If you were not invited than inquire about it.

Money grab because the schools will only be interested in 5-7 players not the 50 that show up.

Anon
Money grab because the schools will only be interested in 5-7 players not the 50 that show up.
And, they already know who those 5 - 7 kids are.

It's up to the individual kids attending to prove their worth. This event gives them the Platform....hence the name of the event I can only assume. If some 04 or 05 goalie attends from out of state and plays unreal and creates a buzz for themselves then bravo. There will be people at this event who will take notice of them. They also notice those that have the buzz behind them but don't really do much anymore. The ones in the middle sort of stay the same for now. But the great thing is those in the middle have the same opportunity to go out and creat some buzz around them. They can do that because there are people at this event taking notice. Go have a great Shamrock tournament for yourself....no one will be there other than the fathers of kids on your team that most likely can't stand you.

A quick glance at the 06 class reveals a coach's kid who is not elite, and quite honestly is below average. Also, this is supposedly the best in the country who attend, but not a single skater from the #1 team in the country? Thanks but no thanks. 99% of the kids selected will be 1st round picks and all around studs I'm sure... In their respective Beer Leagues.

How was it?

At 04 level, every team had a player or two who either wasn't really a difference-maker or looked a little lost. Not a ton of fluff and for the most part, rosters were full of high-end kids.

Ha,ha some of those names on the rosters are ??? There are Tier1 players, who are better then some of these kids listed. They have size, speed and actually a hockey IQ which I can't say from these kids listed on some rosters. Thank you for your money. :joy: Just comical

Clearly this is a good showcase with good attendance from the types of people you want to get in front of to advance your son's hockey career. But like any of these showcases, they survive on attracting paying customers, so there are always a handful of kids that frequent the spring/summer hockey circuit and get an invite because the organizers know they'll pay. In reality though, this thing (and events like it) is really a bunch of good players skating around all weekend to provide a vehicle to evaluate the 15 or 20 kids that actually have a shot at something. That being said, it's fun for all of the kids and a pretty high level of competition for an April skate.

Can’t speak for younger level but gotta disagree based on the 04s. Good level of talent from the US and Canada plus tons of scouts watching the oldest kids.

Same with 05/06. A lot of talent from across the country. Definitely do not miss this next year if invited.

Re: TPE-Neutral Zone

Has their write up out

Some of the big strong kids who have hit puberty looked really good - most of the the smaller ones who haven't are slow and weak. That's your write up - still a good event either way.

Good event for most - not just for top 5-7, or even 20 kids. Fairly sure my 04 wasn't on many, if any radar screens, and he had 2 fruitful conversations with prep coaches. Meaning, they approached him, addressed him by name and chatted about opportunities at their schools.

Not trying to puff my chest out here - just saying that even though you have to pay for these events, they can be legitimate opportunities for the kids to showcase themselves and open doors.

You just need to be smart when saying "yes" to the events.

This year was the best TPE yet, particularly in 04, the oldest age group. There was lots of talent there from many of the top teams in the US, and some good Canadian players, almost all from Quebec. The number of scouts, prep coaches, etc. in attendance speaks to that. Are there always some players who might not be elite, and some elite players who aren't there? Of course, but it's still an excellent event and a fun weekend of hockey. It's ok for events, teams, schools, etc. to be profitable, that's not a bad thing, and often results in good events like TPE. Great to have such an event locally. Look at all the players from around the country and Canada who traveled to our backyard. Just don't understand those that blindly bag on a quality event like this.

Is it important to be selective about which of these events to participate in? Of course. Rising Bantam Major typically has some good events well worth attending, including TPE, the Ryan Hardy Hockey Experience (new this year which looks to be very strong), STX 68, etc.

Anon
This year was the best TPE yet, particularly in 04, the oldest age group. There was lots of talent there from many of the top teams in the US, and some good Canadian players, almost all from Quebec. The number of scouts, prep coaches, etc. in attendance speaks to that. Are there always some players who might not be elite, and some elite players who aren't there? Of course, but it's still an excellent event and a fun weekend of hockey. It's ok for events, teams, schools, etc. to be profitable, that's not a bad thing, and often results in good events like TPE. Great to have such an event locally. Look at all the players from around the country and Canada who traveled to our backyard. Just don't understand those that blindly bag on a quality event like this.

Is it important to be selective about which of these events to participate in? Of course. Rising Bantam Major typically has some good events well worth attending, including TPE, the Ryan Hardy Hockey Experience (new this year which looks to be very strong), STX 68, etc.
I like how you slipped in that plug for Ryan Hardy!

06 BJE win EHF and finish 3rd in country but only have 2 kids? And 1 is a goalie. Very questionable. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe they are on vacation as its school vacation week.you know those eagle parents lovee their vacations to the Caribbean. Regardless top 06 kids in country are there. Can't speak for the BJE kids.