Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Black division to E9

I see all this talk about the E9 on here but at every birth year the top tier 1 Black teams would beat or at least play with the e9 teams. So what gives besides the e9 parents giving money to bad programs? How many e9 parents on here would take a contract from an EHF elite right now?

Re: Black division to E9

Hockey nerd
I see all this talk about the E9 on here but at every birth year the top tier 1 Black teams would beat or at least play with the e9 teams. So what gives besides the e9 parents giving money to bad programs? How many e9 parents on here would take a contract from an EHF elite right now?
Every single one of them, just like the top players that left for the FED before them.

You people are hilarious...

Turned down EHF Elite contracts the past three years!

It'a all about coaching and that varies greatly from organization to organization and birth year to birth year. Enjoy your EHF pledge pin Flounder...

You are doing a disservice to your son or daughter by not allowing them to play fed elite. The competition is apples and oranges compared to any other league. If you don’t like the coach find a new fed program. If you dont like the skills find an independent skills coach but you can’t find the fed elite competition anywhere in any other league in the east or maybe the country so it is hard to believe anyone would turn down an elite contract unless you just don’t know hockey or you are being brainwashed by lovell.

Anon
You are doing a disservice to your son or daughter by not allowing them to play fed elite. The competition is apples and oranges compared to any other league. If you don’t like the coach find a new fed program. If you dont like the skills find an independent skills coach but you can’t find the fed elite competition anywhere in any other league in the east or maybe the country so it is hard to believe anyone would turn down an elite contract unless you just don’t know hockey or you are being brainwashed by lovell.
You are doing a disservice to your son or daughter by being obtuse (go ahead and look it up) and not understanding how this whole youth hockey thing works. You are also extremely gullible for falling for the EHF marketing machine and listening to the other parents that have fallen for it...

I have an 07 E9 player. His team is exceptional and stands out among other 07 elite players in Rhode Island. Any EHF Tier 1 team would not win against them. However, every birth year, every team, every league is so very different and it is near impossible to compare them. For us, we have great coaching and our player is developing and learning how to play correctly against very good competition

Again, if you want your child to play against the best competition top to bottom, there is not a better league than the ehf elite. You can all say that there is a good tier 1 or E9 team which can compete with an elite team but the leagues again top to bottom are apples and oranges. I hate to say it but as your child gets older and if you play against lower competition you get lost in the mix. It’s why lovell shuts down a few weekends a year and takes their best kids to tournaments so that they can play against good competition.

You people don't really believe that the EHF is the best of the best in the country do you ??

Maybe the overall competition is better locally, not really concerned with that but as long as my kid is better than lots of kids on lots of EHF elite teams and he keeps developing each year, and does stuff outside his program with lots of EHF kids that he appears to be developing faster than, then I am good with the E9 or any other league for that matter.

So you would rather have your kid be on an EHF Elite team than actually be a better hockey player just for the sake of saying he plays EHF elite ? that is absurd, and don't answer because i know the answer already !

Anon
Again, if you want your child to play against the best competition top to bottom, there is not a better league than the ehf elite. You can all say that there is a good tier 1 or E9 team which can compete with an elite team but the leagues again top to bottom are apples and oranges. I hate to say it but as your child gets older and if you play against lower competition you get lost in the mix. It’s why lovell shuts down a few weekends a year and takes their best kids to tournaments so that they can play against good competition.
"I hate to say it but as your child gets older and if you play against lower competition you get lost in the mix."

Thank you for proving that you don't know what you're talking about and are just spewing EHF propaganda. As you get older (bantams and above), you do not want to be in the EHF and playing against lower competition.

Keep drinking the youth Kool-Aid...

I'm sorry but its quite simple....if you have eye's and have actually watched the two leagues and seen enough teams and games from both then one thing becomes clear.....top to bottom, one more time , Top to bottom the EHF Elite Divisions have more depth of skill than anything Lovell has to offer. Individual teams aside. And if that's not enough, take a look at the hockey rankings (there's more than one spot you can look), and you will see that in every age group it's 1. EHF Elite 2. E9 and 3. EHF Black Tier 1(which in almost every age group is just a hair below E9).
These are as close to FACTS and reliable statistics as you can come. Everyone knows the FED is a money making **** show....I mean 3 tier 1 divisions...just stop and the E9 has exceptional squads and any kid can do well with either league so long as the coaching, environment, and competition is good.....fact remains EHF Elite....better overall depth of competition.....its a better league....and as a side note...compare EHF tuition to E9 tuition.....Lovell is doing just fine.....ouch.
(USA HOCKEY, MY HOCKEY RANKINGS)

W
I'm sorry but its quite simple....if you have eye's and have actually watched the two leagues and seen enough teams and games from both then one thing becomes clear.....top to bottom, one more time , Top to bottom the EHF Elite Divisions have more depth of skill than anything Lovell has to offer. Individual teams aside. And if that's not enough, take a look at the hockey rankings (there's more than one spot you can look), and you will see that in every age group it's 1. EHF Elite 2. E9 and 3. EHF Black Tier 1(which in almost every age group is just a hair below E9).
These are as close to FACTS and reliable statistics as you can come. Everyone knows the FED is a money making **** show....I mean 3 tier 1 divisions...just stop and the E9 has exceptional squads and any kid can do well with either league so long as the coaching, environment, and competition is good.....fact remains EHF Elite....better overall depth of competition.....its a better league....and as a side note...compare EHF tuition to E9 tuition.....Lovell is doing just fine.....ouch.
(USA HOCKEY, MY HOCKEY RANKINGS)
^^^^^^ This guy is off his rocker. Maybe its RG !!! What birth year is your little "elite" bender?

Hey, the whole argument is a joke. But clearly bud, you're the one that's off your rocker. Sit in front of a computer go on the USA Hockey, and My Hockey Rankings. Then make some time since clearly you haven't watched many games about the leagues you're making comments about. Go watch a few top elite games, top tier 1 games, and E9 games. Since you likely don't have any kids playing at th ese levels.....none of this crap matters, you'd know that if you weren't so butt hurt by truth....but hey what do your eyes, and USA Hockey know

Here is what you are all missing.

There are no E9 parents on this board - it's all EHF parents arguing with each other and they are the only ones that care about this crazy stuff. It's youth hockey.

They're PLENTY of E9 parents on this board.

Anon
They're PLENTY of E9 parents on this board.
I don't think so. OP makes a good point, seems like a bunch of EHF parents arguing with each other.

How about all the kids that left EHF for E9? Give it a break! Go for the coach and the team and who cares what league??? seriously this is sooo old.

Hockey nerd
Bozo - Black teams may beat the bottom of the E9 but thats about it.

Hockey nerd
Oooh boy EHF Tier 1 colors parents at it again.

I don't think there are many EHF elite OR E9 parents on this board. They don't need to be. It's mostly EHF rainbow colored tier 1 or BHL parents complaining that their kid is not "elite"...

Anon
I don't think there are many EHF elite OR E9 parents on this board. They don't need to be. It's mostly EHF rainbow colored tier 1 or BHL parents complaining that their kid is not "elite"...
Yes sir. That is exactly right.

All your development is going to do is land your kid on a d3 fourth line someday. That's after you exhaust your money on juniors. Then your kid can start real life when he is 35. I will keep a spot open on my over 35 team for him. He can tell us all about how good he was.

Anon
All your development is going to do is land your kid on a d3 fourth line someday. That's after you exhaust your money on juniors. Then your kid can start real life when he is 35. I will keep a spot open on my over 35 team for him. He can tell us all about how good he was.
Do you think your little EHF puck bunny has a different fate?
Let me tell you, EHF is a youth league. It doesn’t matter at all.
Now back to your rainbow league.

The top 05 black team lost to a PHL Team. They certainly wouldn’t beat an E9 team. My kid made ehf elite and e9 and e9 was obvious choice

accept they did... The 05 North Stars beat the 05 Avs last year... Sorry to bring facts into your argument..

Good rule of thumb: the E9 and EHF Black are fairly similar. EHF Elite is a whole other deal.

Well Said