email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 06 Parity Recap

Anon
The Huskies got beat very candidly by three of the teams that played in parity, and only had eight wins and a whopping 23 losses in the Tier 1 white division this season. So while the dividing line between Black and White divisions is arbitrary and perhaps 12 instead of 10 teams could reasonably could hold their own in Tier 1 Black, the Huskies have not, in any way, proven themselves to be near that line.

Huskies looked improved at parity, although, if they are anything like last year with 20+ players on their roster, it really depends on who shows up. Listen, kids are getting older, disparity from top to bottom in divisions decrease. At any given tournament, you will see white teams beating black and during regular season you will see bottom black and white teams beating their respective black and white teams. Did you notice how many games were tied or had 1 point differences. And I'm sure some of those tied and 1 point game teams ended up in white. So what does that tell you? But does any of that really matter? Why does everyone lose site of what youth hockey means? If your kid is on a winning team but riding the pine, what good does that do your kid? If you kid plays Elite but is on the 3rd line getting short shifted or skipped over, how does that help a 12 year old in their development. Are you all going to be banging on the boards when your kids in high school saying that's my boy...his team finished first in black when he was a pee wee?

Anon
TG benefited from softest schedule? I guess you don’t get the concept of pool play? To review- this means MMF and BJE had the same “soft schedule “
Oh. I get it. Do you? If they were in any other bracket they may still be in white next season. They weren't killing any team that was in black or white last season. It's tiring listening to these too gun parents for two years eithbthe shaft talk. I'm sure a couple of the black teams who are in white this year feel the same way but let's see if there are countless posts about how they should be in black.

Anon
Anon
TG benefited from softest schedule? I guess you don’t get the concept of pool play? To review- this means MMF and BJE had the same “soft schedule “
Oh. I get it. Do you? If they were in any other bracket they may still be in white next season. They weren't killing any team that was in black or white last season. It's tiring listening to these too gun parents for two years eithbthe shaft talk. I'm sure a couple of the black teams who are in white this year feel the same way but let's see if there are countless posts about how they should be in black.
Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda. Call the wammmmmbulance. Top Gun is Top 5 in Black next year and primed for a deep run. Book it.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Oh. I get it. Do you? If they were in any other bracket they may still be in white next season. They weren\'t killing any team that was in black or white last season. It\'s tiring listening to these too gun parents for two years eithbthe shaft talk. I\'m sure a couple of the black teams who are in white this year feel the same way but let\'s see if there are countless posts about how they should be in black.
Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda. Call the wammmmmbulance. Top Gun is Top 5 in Black next year and primed for a deep run. Book it.
We will see. I think you may be fighting out the bottom with the new Breakers team and MMFs but only time will tell.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Oh. I get it. Do you? If they were in any other bracket they may still be in white next season. They weren\\\'t killing any team that was in black or white last season. It\\\'s tiring listening to these too gun parents for two years eithbthe shaft talk. I\\\'m sure a couple of the black teams who are in white this year feel the same way but let\\\'s see if there are countless posts about how they should be in black.
We will see. I think you may be fighting out the bottom with the new Breakers team and MMFs but only time will tell.
Never faced TG in any tourneys so only time will tell but agree on one thing.... what happened to the Breakers? Looked like a whole different team. Only good thing I noticed is I couldn't hear the loud Dad I always heard when I caught some of the game. So either he was eating some humble pie or he's one that has moved on. In any case, that will certainly help improve the Breakers reputation alone not having to listen to him.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Oh. I get it. Do you? If they were in any other bracket they may still be in white next season. They weren\'t killing any team that was in black or white last season. It\'s tiring listening to these too gun parents for two years eithbthe shaft talk. I\'m sure a couple of the black teams who are in white this year feel the same way but let\'s see if there are countless posts about how they should be in black.
Oh My! This post didn't age well at all! :joy:

Top Gun is 3-9-3, 9th place, giving up the most goals in the league, and haven't won a game since before Halloween.

Looks like back to White next year.

Sorry optimistic TG dad.