Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: U 14 Girls CCM Camp

anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
True that it is a committee decision, which helps significantly reduce any conflict issues. There are conflict issues in the real world all the time. However, the idea that the head of stop it resigned both his mass hockey and USA hockey position because he was upset not enough of his goalies made it through is an absolute joke. A Stop It Director is still in charge of the evaluations.
Not accurate once again.

https://www.mahockey.org/page/show/2848531-goalie-development-staff
Guess you didn’t read the press release.

https://www.mahockey.org/news_article/show/841074

Dboard management: Can you make links active when they are posted so we can simply click on them? Thanks for all your efforts!
Real story from last years tryouts that has been confirmed by many:

- The Stop-it co-owner has an 02 goalie that was at tryouts.
- Stop-it co-owner kid did not get selected by goalie panel
- Stop it director (other co-owner) got ****** that the kid didnt get selected and resigned over it.

So please leave the there are no conflicts of interest angle at the door....
Co-owner? Ha, good one. Some relationship, but not co-owner.

The best goalies based upon last year‘s final 40 got selected. End of story.

Who is spinning these yarns? The idea that the head of Stop It resigned both his Mass and USA hockey positions over this is a joke.

Anony
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
True that it is a committee decision, which helps significantly reduce any conflict issues. There are conflict issues in the real world all the time. However, the idea that the head of stop it resigned both his mass hockey and USA hockey position because he was upset not enough of his goalies made it through is an absolute joke. A Stop It Director is still in charge of the evaluations.
Not accurate once again.

https://www.mahockey.org/page/show/2848531-goalie-development-staff
Guess you didn’t read the press release.

https://www.mahockey.org/news_article/show/841074

Dboard management: Can you make links active when they are posted so we can simply click on them? Thanks for all your efforts!
Real story from last years tryouts that has been confirmed by many:

- The Stop-it co-owner has an 02 goalie that was at tryouts.
- Stop-it co-owner kid did not get selected by goalie panel
- Stop it director (other co-owner) got ****** that the kid didnt get selected and resigned over it.

So please leave the there are no conflicts of interest angle at the door....
Co-owner? Ha, good one. Some relationship, but not co-owner.

The best goalies based upon last year‘s final 40 got selected. End of story.

Who is spinning these yarns? The idea that the head of Stop It resigned both his Mass and USA hockey positions over this is a joke.

You can keep storytelling but that’s the facts. Might want to have him change his profile on the internet if he isn’t part owner because it says he is:

Company: Stop It Goaltending LLC
Title: Minority Partner

Very amusing for sure. Somewhat agree with above but is a conflict that needs to be eliminated. It just shouldn't happen. It would not be allowed in any business or organization that is reputable. It just wouldn't. Same to be said with the entire selection process. Way too many "influences" that eliminate what should be free of politics. Still not sure what two top teams this guy is talking about but if true it is unfortunate for that state of hockey in Massachusetts.

Anon
We get it Mr. Monopoly – you are rich and you can PAY for training and much more. But this situation is 100% a conflict of interest even if they player is the next Dominik Hasek. To think this not compromised is just plain ignorant. Do you really think the “private coach” should have been included in this selection? Really?

MA hockey has historically been very political and this whole process is no different. Just look at the rest of the selections. The top three to five players… no doubt belong. The rest…take a look at WHO they play for or going to play for… you will notice a very strong trend. Some teams/org have 5+ players… On the other hand… there are TWO top teams in the State that have absolutely ZERO representation at all!? How could this be? ZERO!! Did they ALL have a bad tryout at the same time? I think there is a little more to the story…

Before you start talking about how wealthy you are and all the superior training you have secured... take a look at the data. Spend a little time connecting the dots and the mosaic will become very clear.

You sound like a VERY smart non-dad, non-coach, non-husband, non-connected person that has the capability to analyze the simple facts. Give it a try on your own…if not we all know you can EASLY pay to have someone accomplish your desire:wink: …. I think you and all will understand the whole flawed story of this years selections and the fact there is more behind the curtain....congrats to all and good luck next season!

Wizards and Assabet make up more than half this roster

8 Tier 2 players selected including both goaltenders

I would agree that the Viper or Thunderbird Tier 1 goalie belongs on this team, perhaps both

I would also agree that at least one Breaker player on their Tier 1 team has to be more deserving than at least one of 8 Tier 2 players selected

anon
Anon
We get it Mr. Monopoly – you are rich and you can PAY for training and much more. But this situation is 100% a conflict of interest even if they player is the next Dominik Hasek. To think this not compromised is just plain ignorant. Do you really think the “private coach” should have been included in this selection? Really?

MA hockey has historically been very political and this whole process is no different. Just look at the rest of the selections. The top three to five players… no doubt belong. The rest…take a look at WHO they play for or going to play for… you will notice a very strong trend. Some teams/org have 5+ players… On the other hand… there are TWO top teams in the State that have absolutely ZERO representation at all!? How could this be? ZERO!! Did they ALL have a bad tryout at the same time? I think there is a little more to the story…

Before you start talking about how wealthy you are and all the superior training you have secured... take a look at the data. Spend a little time connecting the dots and the mosaic will become very clear.

You sound like a VERY smart non-dad, non-coach, non-husband, non-connected person that has the capability to analyze the simple facts. Give it a try on your own…if not we all know you can EASLY pay to have someone accomplish your desire:wink: …. I think you and all will understand the whole flawed story of this years selections and the fact there is more behind the curtain....congrats to all and good luck next season!

Wizards and Assabet make up more than half this roster

8 Tier 2 players selected including both goaltenders

I would agree that the Viper or Thunderbird Tier 1 goalie belongs on this team, perhaps both

I would also agree that at least one Breaker player on their Tier 1 team has to be more deserving than at least one of 8 Tier 2 players selected
This is correct. Very odd selections.

Anon

is your wife looking for a sugar daddy? sounds like she could use some extra spending money loser.

So funny! That the best you got? I would compare W-2s with you any day of the week. Please go away. You are embarrassing yourself and your player. Please just STOP IT!

Anon
So funny! That the best you got? I would compare W-2s with you any day of the week. Please go away. You are embarrassing yourself and your player. Please just STOP IT!
you have a swiss bank account? you cant even afford private lessons. google me.

If you think the selection is not political, you are living lala land.

My son has been on both sides of it. In the past i believe there was more bias. Now most every goalie coach in the area is represented and has a say. This way at the end of the evaluations the panel can discuss. Is it perfect? Nope. Bias? Some yes, but certainly the integrity is intact.

If your goalie did not make it all i can suggest is keep battling. The strongest survive not based purely on talent but more so persistence and belief in themselves. Tim Thomas could have retired while playing in Europe long before he made it to the NHL. There are so many more stories that illustrate the point.

Toughest position in sports. Brutal in youth hockey and way worse in this region. Look at what Rask goes through.

I wish you all the best of luck

Anon
My son has been on both sides of it. In the past i believe there was more bias. Now most every goalie coach in the area is represented and has a say. This way at the end of the evaluations the panel can discuss. Is it perfect? Nope. Bias? Some yes, but certainly the integrity is intact.

If your goalie did not make it all i can suggest is keep battling. The strongest survive not based purely on talent but more so persistence and belief in themselves. Tim Thomas could have retired while playing in Europe long before he made it to the NHL. There are so many more stories that illustrate the point.

Toughest position in sports. Brutal in youth hockey and way worse in this region. Look at what Rask goes through.

I’m sorry, your post is far too reasonable and rational to be on this Board, especially for a goalie parent.

Anony
Anon

I’m sorry, your post is far too reasonable and rational to be on this Board, especially for a goalie parent.
although it is true that more goalie coaches are involved, they are assigned to birth years and are not gonna question the selections other coaches have made. so no the bias is not removed and is alive and doing well.

Does anyone know who was on the actual committee who did the evaluations? Are club coaches/admin involved in any way?

Where are the selections listed?

anon
Were the goaltenders for this camp determined by how much money a parent spends at Stop it or is this legit ?

It's not legit. As a coach of a U14 girls team, we received an open invitation to select 2 players and send them. It has nothing to do with skill, nothing to do with anyone being "seen" or "scouted". Coaches could ask anyone to attend. I'm sure some picked their daughters, some picked their favorite players and some did it right and selected their best players to attend. It's BS just like most of these "showcases"

This was an open tryout that 100+ was cut to 80 then to the 22 listed, what are you talking about?

I believe each Tier 1 team got invites for two kids. MA hockey also had names of the top players. Everyone else had to make it through the open tryout.

It’s the U14 team. If your kid didn’t make it, use that for motivation to improve. No point getting bent. The class next year will be bigger and not every kid who made it the first year makes it the second year.

No system is without flaw. I suspect they get most right and a couple of kids get in by making a great play at the right time. And a couple of really good players don’t make it because they didn’t make plays at the right time. I’m sure a kid or two is likely a political pick.

I do agree that the team is way to heavy with Wizards and Assabet players. It’s not good for MA hockey to not take a harder look at kids from all the Programs. It reinforces the wrong message, that two programs are better than the rest. It is also not fair that a kid shouldn’t make it because they are the 5th or 6th kid on a team if they are legitimately better than the first kid on another team. But again, I’m not sure that the 5th or 6th kid could be demonstrably stronger than the top kid on another team.

Curious what the motivation is to dig up a post that people stopped commenting on for 36 days?

Claiming every program got two invites for Tier 1 players is simply not true, there are zero breakers on this team and one former Eagle player as examples

I would also suggest Tier 2 players outnumber Tier 1 players on the roster

Also wrong is assuming more kids get to go next year, when some of the sorry 03 Mass class underperforms next month it will be at the expense of the 04 class the following year

The 5 Assabet players are all Tier 1 won the state championship and finished second at Nationals, trust me they are all more deserving than your kid but good luck next year at the tryout

Anon
Curious what the motivation is to dig up a post that people stopped commenting on for 36 days?

Claiming every program got two invites for Tier 1 players is simply not true, there are zero breakers on this team and one former Eagle player as examples

I would also suggest Tier 2 players outnumber Tier 1 players on the roster

Also wrong is assuming more kids get to go next year, when some of the sorry 03 Mass class underperforms next month it will be at the expense of the 04 class the following year

The 5 Assabet players are all Tier 1 won the state championship and finished second at Nationals, trust me they are all more deserving than your kid but good luck next year at the tryout

This post ^ makes no sense. Are the 03 Assabet girls deserving or sorry? I suppose they could be both? Is there a point to the rant?

There are many 2003 girls going to the camp in Minnesota next month from all over the NEGHL that simply can't play,I think the point is the class of 2004 next year will lose Massachusetts spots as a result and less local kids will be invited than this years total

Oh, I see then. All the 03s with blue pants are deserving and all the ones with other pants are sorry? Riiight.

Funny...that is how the boys tryouts worked too...except it was red pants...

What part of all over the NEGHL escaped your comprehension ability?

Heard the Wizards got yet another player invited to the camp that was not on the original roster hmm,

Much like any tryout process, this is imperfect. They get some right, they get some wrong. Some kids tryout well, some do not. There are many shades of gray when you are looking out at a large group of skaters. I have been to St Cloud for the U15 camp and can tell you there are lots of shades of gray there as well. There are, of course, the standouts and the kids who struggle, but the majority of the players are on a large bubble. AVGH and Wizards absolutely get a better look because they are the oldest and most prestigious programs. However, there have been other teams that dominated the rosters of these types of camps in an age group - l2000 birth year Eagles for example. A big part of AVGH and Wizards getting an extra look is that many of the female coaches are alumnae of those programs. It's human nature for them to look extra hard at a program where they played and what they remember as the cream of the crop.

Anon
Much like any tryout process, this is imperfect. They get some right, they get some wrong. Some kids tryout well, some do not. There are many shades of gray when you are looking out at a large group of skaters. I have been to St Cloud for the U15 camp and can tell you there are lots of shades of gray there as well. There are, of course, the standouts and the kids who struggle, but the majority of the players are on a large bubble. AVGH and Wizards absolutely get a better look because they are the oldest and most prestigious programs. However, there have been other teams that dominated the rosters of these types of camps in an age group - l2000 birth year Eagles for example. A big part of AVGH and Wizards getting an extra look is that many of the female coaches are alumnae of those programs. It's human nature for them to look extra hard at a program where they played and what they remember as the cream of the crop.
It's natural and positive for the best players to start consolidating at this age. MA should probably have 2-3 elite girls programs to begin with.

Who is Wizards U14 Major 1 Head Coach next year?

Who is Massachusetts Hockey Girls Registrar & Nominations/National Bound Committee Chair?
(Head of Selections)

What club had the most selections (by far) from the U14 camp?

It would make sense that 2004s playing on Tier 1 teams would make it en masse no matter what team they played for. Percentage of 1st year players on Strong tier 1 teams is usually pretty low.

High Majority of girls making it are Tier 2 players

From the Tier 1/Tier 2 Program Guidebook for Mass States

Assabet 6 Players - 5 of six from Red Minor T2
Breakers 9 players - 7 of 9 from Tier 2 White team
Charles River 7 Players all from Tier 2 team
Eagles 10 players - 8 of them from Tier 2 team
Wizards 10 players - 7 Tier 1 and 3 Tier 2

Percentage of 2017-2018 2004 Players on Tier 1 team.

Breakers 22% 4 players and 2 made it
Wizards 42% - 8 players and 7 made it
Vipers 17.6% - 3 players and all 3 made it
Assabet 30 % - 6 players and 5 made it - sixth player from CT and thus ineligible to be selected by MA
Eagles 11.8 % - 2 of 17 players and both made it

we are talking about the kids picked by the MA selection committee (see above - Nominations/National Bound Committee Chair) for the regional camp. we are not talking who was invited to the larger MA tryout.

try and run the #'s who was selected. the breakers (last year 2017 tier 1 state champ) and charles river (has been and will be a top 4 tier 1 team) did not get one spot between the 2? could it be all game plans and superior coaching that make these teams good and not the players?

Starting September I suppose we'll see if the "team allocations" are justified. While we squabble here there's a bigger issue, which is that the Midwestern (not to mention Canadian) girls are starting to show up-- and they are way ahead.

anon
we are talking about the kids picked by the MA selection committee (see above - Nominations/National Bound Committee Chair) for the regional camp. we are not talking who was invited to the larger MA tryout.

try and run the #'s who was selected. the breakers (last year 2017 tier 1 state champ) and charles river (has been and will be a top 4 tier 1 team) did not get one spot between the 2? could it be all game plans and superior coaching that make these teams good and not the players?
Both of these teams got a last minute invites after cancels, along with yet another Wizard

For god sake get your little June Cleaver’s learning how to bake and clean the house. Leave this sport to the real players....boys...

Honestly, I know you love your girls and all but how can you watch a full game. Painful.

anybody see this first hand? I had a dad tell me the non Mass talent was not very good overall and that the games were not well played.

A couple of usual kids stood out and not much else

Have they learned to cook, iron and clean yet though?

Anon
Have they learned to cook, iron and clean yet though?
let's just hope they say thank you when your son serves them at the drive thru,

They will be in the backseat of my sons car cleaning up....