Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: why are you doing this?

I do it to coach....because there are some moms who really want their kid on my team

Hey-o
I do it to coach....because there are some moms who really want their kid on my team
This is the mission statement of the CT Huskies.

That is as good as it gets for some dealing with a has been coach trying to relive his glory days. funny hockey is full of those types more than any other sport.

Beleive me, if the kid is even a marginal athlete ditch hockey for lacrosse. 50 man rosters, D-1 teams springing up all over the country, cheaper than hockey, no two years of juniors only to report to his college team at the age of 21. . . This game is a dead-end sport for 98% of the kids.

I have obsereved the most disturbing behavior exhibited by young kids this year in our hockey circuit. I have witnessed 7-8 year old kids punching and spitting at there parents ,other team mates, and coaches. Fist fighting in the locker room while the parent of the agressor observes and lets it happen at the same time the kids parent who is on the short end is not in attendance only validates that the parents are demented. I have seen public on ice meltdowns and coach attacks by kids. When you push a child real hard into something you percieve they like and the kid does not have the wherewithal or emotional interlect to communicate back to the parent you get pandoras box as a constellation prize. I would think that some of these demented parents beat there kids physically and or emotionally when they do not perform well in a game. I have to say that some of these kids play well but if you played a sport for Kim Jong-UN you know you will have to do well or he will kill you! Its only a matter of time before a kid blows a circuit and circles back in a real negative way on a parent!

Anon
I have obsereved the most disturbing behavior exhibited by young kids this year in our hockey circuit. I have witnessed 7-8 year old kids punching and spitting at there parents ,other team mates, and coaches. Fist fighting in the locker room while the parent of the agressor observes and lets it happen at the same time the kids parent who is on the short end is not in attendance only validates that the parents are demented. I have seen public on ice meltdowns and coach attacks by kids. When you push a child real hard into something you percieve they like and the kid does not have the wherewithal or emotional interlect to communicate back to the parent you get pandoras box as a constellation prize. I would think that some of these demented parents beat there kids physically and or emotionally when they do not perform well in a game. I have to say that some of these kids play well but if you played a sport for Kim Jong-UN you know you will have to do well or he will kill you! Its only a matter of time before a kid blows a circuit and circles back in a real negative way on a parent!
Please select A, B, C or D.

This all took place at:

a. Bandits
B. Shamrocks
c. Top Gun
d. Vipers

Anon
Just wondering - why are you doing this? Pushing your kids with 'full-time' hockey? I am in the same boat, so I am not criticizing. Just want to find out what others are feeling. What is your goal for your kid? Especially for Mite parents. Kid at 6, 7, 8 cannot absolutely LOVE it as they are still forming as individuals so it has to be the parents' push in most cases. BTW, 90% of Mites are not great - where to next?
My 06 son always wanted and still wants to play full time at a competitive level. We only push him to work hard at anything he does. He never said I don't want to go to practice or skills he is self driven and when and if he wants out we will let him make his own choices.

Parents are the problem! There is a dad on the south shore who used to play college hockey, and he is the creepiest dad. I believe he is coaching town hockey cause his son got cut. He actually got a penalty report of a competing child and sent it to a hockey organization to prevent a kid from making a team. How he got the kids information is creepy and that he would take such action is insane! Creepy, gross and insane!

what a DB