email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 07 "the show"

Homer Simpson
I’d have to agree. I’ve sat and watched a few of the blue chip games on livebarn and their massively out played .. I’m not sure how accurate the scoring and shots and leader boards are but all the blue chip games are 40 plus shots on net to 15. That’s not gonna get it done !!!! And in the Dream Big tourney their goalie hasn’t seen more than 7 shots a game .I haven’t had the opportunity to watch any of the Dream big “SHOW” tourney but from what I’m hearing the opposing opponents have been mediocre at best.
So, it's summer, I assume you don't have a kid in the tournament or you'd be up there, and you've watched several games involving 10 year olds playing hockey?

Think maybe it's time to re-evaluate your life, there, Homer?

Doh!

Actually You got me there. It is summer and I’m guilty of watching 11 year old hockey. Reason being I like to watch and see how some of the tourneys are played and organized so I can get my elite 08 sons team to some of them . Information is very important if you want to play and play against the better competition and this is a perfect example. If your a team participating you want to be in the tournament the Blue chips are playing in not Dream BIg.. I want to play the stud teams not the dud teams .But then again money is no object for some hockey parents it’s just to get a medal and say we won the show... So me watching or you spending 5000 for AA hockey is more pathetic?!?! So your either playing on the blue chips and getting your ass handed to you or Dream Big playing a AA tourney ...

Homer Simpson
Actually You got me there. It is summer and I’m guilty of watching 11 year old hockey. Reason being I like to watch and see how some of the tourneys are played and organized so I can get my elite 08 sons team to some of them . Information is very important if you want to play and play against the better competition and this is a perfect example. If your a team participating you want to be in the tournament the Blue chips are playing in not Dream BIg.. I want to play the stud teams not the dud teams .But then again money is no object for some hockey parents it’s just to get a medal and say we won the show... So me watching or you spending 5000 for AA hockey is more pathetic?!?! So your either playing on the blue chips and getting your ass handed to you or Dream Big playing a AA tourney ...
Trust me on this - you are WAAAAY overthinking this. Your kid is 10.

I'm pretty sure DB didn't intend to go to a tournament just to blow the doors off of teams. Not with that roster. From what I hear they did pretty good in Montreal against all the Canadien teams. I dont know about you but I know I pick parents too and I'd rather have a great group of parents and have a great experience than to have to deal with a couple of the Blue Chip parents. Especially the one who gets all red in the face when his kid is irrelevant in games. Yet thinks his kid is going pro tomorrow.

Without the roster, are we talking about SM? Who is DB?

Anonymous
I'm pretty sure DB didn't intend to go to a tournament just to blow the doors off of teams. Not with that roster. From what I hear they did pretty good in Montreal against all the Canadien teams. I dont know about you but I know I pick parents too and I'd rather have a great group of parents and have a great experience than to have to deal with a couple of the Blue Chip parents. Especially the one who gets all red in the face when his kid is irrelevant in games. Yet thinks his kid is going pro tomorrow.
You mean the parents with the stop watch counting puck possession and ice time and then the shot count clicker to criticize the goalie.. o they stopped that last year.