Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SSK - the new White?

Anon
Anon
BA. Once mommy and daddy get over themselves and the mighty EHF, they go there. Look at older levels.
BA is clearly the class of the South Shore (loosely defined). All posters above acknowledge that. It has its warts, believe me.

But who's the Best of the Rest.

I'm saying that even if they are currently down (I'm not disagreeing) the Kings have at least as much going on as anyone else when you look across all age groups, except BA. I take the facility into account, it has a lot of hockey stuff going on, I still feel they have more potential to improve than teams that have sucked for a decade. Which is pretty much everyone else.

Put it this way - which bag does your kid want to be carrying, walking into a Middle School locker room?

I also personally feel the Terriers, Bandits and Breakers are in an annual competition with each other to see who can cheat on their rosters more. No thanks.
Thanks BA Daddy

My kid plays for the kings. Great coaches and families. finish at 500 for the year last few years. Can't ask for more.

Anon
My kid plays for the kings. Great coaches and families. finish at 500 for the year last few years. Can't ask for more.
That's why you have to ignore generalized comments about any programs. Over the years I have noticed every program in the EHF and E9 going though their highs and lows. So when BA guy gets on here saying every South program, with the exception of BA, is failing, you know he has no clue. I know plenty of kids who skated at BA who left to find what they thought were better programs. If your kid is happy, if you are not losing every game, if your kid is getting adequate play time (if you are objective about little Johnny), you are fine where you are. And it's easy to spot THOSE parents. IE: if your kid has skated in 3-4 programs by the time they are squirts/pee wee, you are one of those parents and you will never be happy with what your kid is getting at that program because you will junior is better and deserves more. Objectivity is the key!

I think the original point of the post is that the Kingdom as some refer to it has fallen with the elite teams being bottom of the barrel and no real talent pushing up from below as all the 2nd level teams being in the white division. So, when a program trends in the wrong direction, it’s clear development is taking place.

You are correct though. Play where you are happy and more importantly where the kid is having fun. Every organization has the “in crowd“ because of parent relationships. We all partake in that to solidify spots. Unfortunately it’s how it works around here now.

Just don’t confuse convenience, fun and development. The real metric for development, especially with the watering down of youth hockey today is wins and progression to higher level teams per player. Foxboro a good facility, just not a place where player development is taking place. With the segmentation of the EHF (top 4 good, rest bad so easy to win or lose) programs who do their job dominate. With SSK, their elite teams not what they were, lots of turnover and losses. All else White. Tough to argue they provide real hockey value.

Anon
I think the original point of the post is that the Kingdom as some refer to it has fallen with the elite teams being bottom of the barrel and no real talent pushing up from below as all the 2nd level teams being in the white division. So, when a program trends in the wrong direction, it’s clear development is taking place.

You are correct though. Play where you are happy and more importantly where the kid is having fun. Every organization has the “in crowd“ because of parent relationships. We all partake in that to solidify spots. Unfortunately it’s how it works around here now.

Just don’t confuse convenience, fun and development. The real metric for development, especially with the watering down of youth hockey today is wins and progression to higher level teams per player. Foxboro a good facility, just not a place where player development is taking place. With the segmentation of the EHF (top 4 good, rest bad so easy to win or lose) programs who do their job dominate. With SSK, their elite teams not what they were, lots of turnover and losses. All else White. Tough to argue they provide real hockey value.
Close, but knowing a fair amount about other programs, previous poster has a point. Most offer the same skills, practices etc. Some skills may be better than others, some coaches may be better than others but that can vary within an organization. And they all definitely have their ups and down trends.

More to your point about hockey being watered down.. that is correct, which is why all it takes is a couple of players leaving one team and moving to another to make a team shift from one end of the spectrum to another. And that is not developing, that is recruiting!

Anon
Foxboro nice but zero development taking place there. Used to be. Not anymore, which is why we left. Longer drive but better coaching. I do miss the warm upstairs though!
Looks like they are trying to address skills. What took so long?

http://southshorekings.com/news.php?news_id=1677750

That was funny

Two kinds of posters on this subject...

(1) A Magenta "tier 1" youth hockey parent whose son was obviously cut by the Kings.

(2) A couple of parents whose sons are chasing a dream in low-end juniors. They are arguing about who is the tallest midget in the room. They also clearly can't read that this is a youth hockey forum.

I am heading back to the beach.

Enjoy the beach on this cloudy rainy day!

Put this to bed folks. Kings stink, bottom line, youth to Midget to Juniors. 2 good teams. Now his kids are done, time for RT to cash his chips in and sell to someone who cares.

Anon
Two kinds of posters on this subject...

(1) A Magenta \"tier 1\" youth hockey parent whose son was obviously cut by the Kings.

(2) A couple of parents whose sons are chasing a dream in low-end juniors. They are arguing about who is the tallest midget in the room. They also clearly can\'t read that this is a youth hockey forum.

I am heading back to the beach.
People do have more than one kid, loser. And in the USPHL, "Juniors" begins at U15.

Anon
What the heck happened to this organization? They own the white division in the EHF. Shame. They have one good elite team now, others in shambles and all other teams in second “white” division. NRT still collecting those checks! NCDC team not bad last year but all other FS teams were a joke.

RT still collecting those checks! Time to sell dude, you are quickly on your way to Bandit, Breakers and TG status!

OK Alex, I'll play for 500:

Who takes the time to go through all of the ages to see what division a team is on and your kid doesn't play there?

The answer is someone with a grudge (sorry your kid got cut), or second answer: A loser with no life