Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USPHL Youth ?

I googled USPHL youth and it showed the divisions and the Islanders 05 and NorthshoreShamrocks 06 Green are in he division. What is that all about????

Re: USPHL Youth ?

Not sure about the 05 Islanders, the 06 Islanders played a couple of USPHL games last year but never fully joined the USPHL to be considered for playoffs. They are not playing in the USPHL this year. The Northshore Shamrocks is considered an "affiliate" (at least for this season) and will not be playing regular season USPHL games but are supposed to participate in three USPHL showcases during the year. Doesn't make much sense, but that was what was told to USPHL teams just before it was announced that the USPHL bought the EHF.

Interesting...at least at the 05 level. Arguably the best EHF team (BJE) is not involved with the USPHL youth at all. Not sure if the CJR is actually the MFR or not. If it's really the CJR, then that's the two best EHF teams (BJE and MFR) at the 05 level not involved with the USPHL youth at all...

MFR is a different organization than CJR (they are related somehow, but not the same teams). MFR is not in USPHL, CJR is. CJR has two teams at every level (except 2004) one team is "elite" and plays in the USPHL and the other is AAA and they play in the EHF.

Anonymous
MFR is a different organization than CJR (they are related somehow, but not the same teams). MFR is not in USPHL, CJR is. CJR has two teams at every level (except 2004) one team is "elite" and plays in the USPHL and the other is AAA and they play in the EHF.
OK...so the two best teams by far at the 05 EHF level (BJE and MFR) are not going to/want to be involved with the USPHL youth...

What will happen in the 2019/20 season? I have no idea, it's way too early. I also have no idea about BJE but I doubt MFR will be involved if teams jump ship or the FED Elite level is changed. Obviously, the USPHL would want to keep the best programs but I have no idea how they will do it.

Anonymous
What will happen in the 2019/20 season? I have no idea, it's way too early. I also have no idea about BJE but I doubt MFR will be involved if teams jump ship or the FED Elite level is changed. Obviously, the USPHL would want to keep the best programs but I have no idea how they will do it.
Does MFR have teams at the midget level right now? What league do they play in?

Yes. MFR midget teams will be playing in the EHF Selects divisions this year...

Thank God Gilmartin has an unlimited phone plan. Otherwise his bill would be huge this month from all the calls he is getting.

Read other posts. Both BJE and MFF leaving after this year. Youth and midget levels. Others following.

Like Midgets, USPHL is only about money. Look at the teams they have brought in and that answers everything. Shamrocks? Nighthawks? Maine Moose? A bunch of new unknowns?

Congrats to RG. Drive quality in the ground but expanded and is printing money! Great Tier 2 league!

Anon
Read other posts. Both BJE and MFF leaving after this year. Youth and midget levels. Others following.

Like Midgets, USPHL is only about money. Look at the teams they have brought in and that answers everything. Shamrocks? Nighthawks? Maine Moose? A bunch of new unknowns?

Congrats to RG. Drive quality in the ground but expanded and is printing money! Great Tier 2 league!
Leaving for what? There is no where to leave to.

Either top programs will all go indpendent and play whoever they want from the myhockeyrankings top10-15, or somehow they can get Detroit to expand the HPHL and allow east coast teams in? I doubt the HPHL expansion so get ready for the wild west of independent teams.

this is wrong. Mid Fairfield plays in the fed and they get all the best players. The 2nd level team is CT Jr rangers. Their elite team will play in the usphl and they have a AAA team full of kids who can barely skate. CJR is full of kids who got cut from MFF and decided to stick around

to add to this, ct jre rangers is one giant money grab promising the parent sof these kids who can barely skate a chance to make mid Fairfield one day and charge them 9k each to play on the elite or AAA level. Its sickening what they do there

Yo
to add to this, ct jre rangers is one giant money grab promising the parent sof these kids who can barely skate a chance to make mid Fairfield one day and charge them 9k each to play on the elite or AAA level. Its sickening what they do there
You should have quit while you were behind.

Hockey a money grab? Say it ain't so!

New D Board rule. Any time someone posts about a team/tournament/league/skills org being a money grab, substitute "I have an IQ below 90 and have 'Sucker' tattooed on my forehead so everyone can see me coming."

Yo
this is wrong. Mid Fairfield plays in the fed and they get all the best players. The 2nd level team is CT Jr rangers. Their elite team will play in the usphl and they have a AAA team full of kids who can barely skate. CJR is full of kids who got cut from MFF and decided to stick around
Sorry your kid got cut.

Eagles and mid Fairfield both put paperwork in already for e9...they have been granted auto-bid e9 status for top teams. Jr Rangers Juniors team staying put.

You can't be serious... Do you think anyone really believes this?

Those teams would light up the e9... can't wait

anon
Those teams would light up the e9... can't wait
Not after all the good players (and coaches) jump ship.

Jump to where? Those 2 teams are the Fed. League is dead without them. Top e9 teams better than rest of Fed so lateral move without the feed and restrictions and greedy owner

Mid Fairfield is going AYHL all the way.I could see the BJE ripping apart the E9 year after year. I believe the Ct Huskies and PHC will also join the E9. The NH Fed teams will probably go back to the NEPHL. All the Fed Black, White and Silver will most likely splinter off into the BHL, NEPHL and quite possibly form yet another league. Good times are coming, good thing my kid is 7 , I get to see the whole **** show from the first row.

Anon
Mid Fairfield is going AYHL all the way.I could see the BJE ripping apart the E9 year after year. I believe the Ct Huskies and PHC will also join the E9. The NH Fed teams will probably go back to the NEPHL. All the Fed Black, White and Silver will most likely splinter off into the BHL, NEPHL and quite possibly form yet another league. Good times are coming, good thing my kid is 7 , I get to see the whole **** show from the first row.
no ones going to leave. Too much money to be made to let these organizations go. Fees will get cut next year in hopes to retain and then they will have them by the balls. It doesnt matter anyway. All leagues lead to Beer.