Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prediction time

Getting close to the start of the season, lets hear how the teams are going to line up.

Re: Prediction time

Anon
Getting close to the start of the season, lets hear how the teams are going to line up.
FED eats itself next season because of USPHL. E9 Gets some mid level teams who get left out in the cold and then trys to join the AYHL and more teams move on. All of NE Youth hockey gets scattered even more and development suffers. Sounds like a great time to put your kid in Youth hockey in New England.

Anon
Anon
FED eats itself next season because of USPHL. E9 Gets some mid level teams who get left out in the cold and then trys to join the AYHL and more teams move on. All of NE Youth hockey gets scattered even more and development suffers. Sounds like a great time to put your kid in Youth hockey in New England.
Or you can block out the noise, have your kid focus on skills and dominating wherever he is at this point and have a great season.

Anon
2008 EHF Elite

1. CJR
2. BJE
3. MMF
4. Isles
5. Kings
6. Huskies
7. Top Gun
8. Breakers
9. Bandits
10. Providence
11. Terriers

2006 EHF Elite

1. BJE
2. Islanders
3. MMF
4. Kings
5. Terriers
6. Breakers
7. Top Gun
8. Providence
9. Cjr Huskies
10. Providence
11. Bandits

Anon
2006 EHF Elite

1. BJE
2. Islanders
3. MMF
4. Kings
5. Terriers
6. Breakers
7. Top Gun
8. Providence
9. Cjr Huskies
10. Providence
11. Bandits
This violates some rule of the space time continuum. 2 Providence teams and no Rangers team at all.

wrong about Providence. for those who don't know, there is a new team called Providence Hockey Club and they are a combination of all the providence T1 teams. We just played them in a tourney and they are stacked. Easily top 15 team this year in country

we played the 08 team fyi

and they are a combo of the rhode island teams i meant which include the 2 providence t1 teams, northstars and they also had the jr bruin brick goalie and a few other t1 teams represented too

bill
and they are a combo of the rhode island teams i meant which include the 2 providence t1 teams, northstars and they also had the jr bruin brick goalie and a few other t1 teams represented too
Changing the name of a average team doesnt mean they will be any better. Any of the top players were already on the Elite Teams for the PHC so nothing changes there. The T1 teams had a little bit of reorganization but i wouldn't expect huge jumps in those teams as well. a Couple teams will be better better but still just average hockey teams at best.

it wasn't a name change. they took the top kids from 4-5 tier 1 teams, you will see

bill
it wasn't a name change. they took the top kids from 4-5 tier 1 teams, you will see
Which tournament was that?

Which tourney?

it was the NE summer championship in August. My son played them in the finals, we were a combination of all different tier 1 teams for the tourney. And my son plays tier 1 during the year, trust me they will be near the top of the fed and in top 15

Anon
CJR
Flames
Kings
Islanders
Eagles
Bandits
Breakers
Providence
Top Gun
Huskies
Terriers

If I Was A Betting Man
Anon
CJR
Flames
Kings
Islanders
Eagles
Bandits
Breakers
Providence
Top Gun
Huskies
Terriers
2008 elite that is

2005 EHF Elite

1. BJE
2. MFF
3. MMF
4. Terriers
5. PHC
6. Jr Huskies
7. Islanders
8. Breakers
9. Kings

Note: No Bandits or TG teams this season.

Can 'IF I WAS A BETTING MAN' explain how the Eagles fall to 5 and the Kings, Islanders and Flames move up?

MFF
BJE
MF
SSK
Huskies
IHC
TG
Breakers
Bandits
PHC
BJT

2007s ?..... Islanders..

south shore kings are going to surprise a lot of people at the 07 level

anon
south shore kings are going to surprise a lot of people at the 07 level
Yes, will surprise people that there will be a 3rd straight year with a losing record.

I already asked about the 07s got no Response!

07 elite

1 IHC
2 MFF
3 BJE
4 PROV
5 TERRIERS
6 MMF
7 BREAKERS
8 SSK
9 HUSKIES
10 BANDITS

stupid question that's why no response

Anon
Can \'IF I WAS A BETTING MAN\' explain how the Eagles fall to 5 and the Kings, Islanders and Flames move up?
Suprisingly ,I agree with IF I WAS A BETTIG MAN !!!!

Alot of things have changed this yr . Players leaving. Players being added . New coaches .
Time will tell won’t it !!!! Sad to see some of the players that have left the EHF.

How many EHF kids went to the LI Gulls?

07s correct ?

LI royals

Don’t see how the 08’ huskies are going to be that high with the losses they occurred over “poundtown gate”. There best kid who never came off the ice last yr is with MFF. They are in bottom half of league

Anon
Don’t see how the 08’ huskies are going to be that high with the losses they occurred over “poundtown gate”. There best kid who never came off the ice last yr is with MFF. They are in bottom half of league
Yeah they lost a top player but pretty sure they still have another top end player in the league. Other than that kid i don't think they lost anyone who made a difference. They won't be top 3 but probably not bottom 3 either.

Anon
True but they added depth. Replacing 4-5 of the bottom players makes a difference. Plus, new coach this year which may be lead to better team chemistry. Not good for a team when 1-2 kids don't come off the ice and one of those kids is the coaches' son. Even though they lost a very good player I expect them to not drop as much as thought. (4-6th place)

Can the interim coach hold that team together until their HC comes back later in the season?

I wouldn’t call it depth. The kids they added were middle of the road on their teams last year.

Anon
I wouldn’t call it depth. The kids they added were middle of the road on their teams last year.
That's what depth is

Well the 08 parents have predictably hijacked this thread. Before it really goes off the rails anyone have an idea about the 07s?

anon
Well the 08 parents have predictably hijacked this thread. Before it really goes off the rails anyone have an idea about the 07s?
Haven't we learned already this year that the 08's are NOT stacked? Worry more about their development...

I predict the EHF is folding

I’ve been living under a rock! What’s Poundtown Gate?

Anon
anon
Haven't we learned already this year that the 08's are NOT stacked? Worry more about their development...
Not sure you learn anything from a tournament team that doesn't feature the best players from the area. Many issues with that team and it wasn't just the players.

Did they go 0-6 up at the Brick? Tuff stuff... 10,000 big ones to take a beating like that!

Anon
Did they go 0-6 up at the Brick? Tuff stuff... 10,000 big ones to take a beating like that!
That's what happens when you take all your buddies kids. It was basically the 08 BJE and a few others that played in summer tournaments for the Jr Bruins the last few years.

Anon
You are shortsighted my friend. Look more closely at the games and you will realize they were all close. Two OT games, 2 games by 1 goal to extremely good teams (and the eventual champion), and one game they pulled the goalie when tied because they had to win. I'm not trying to make excuses for the kids but you have to realize every game was competitive.

The competition is unreal, the best cumulative talent at any youth hockey tournament the kids will ever experience. This is definitely an experience the kids will never forget, regardless of the actual outcome.

Anon
Anon
You are shortsighted my friend. Look more closely at the games and you will realize they were all close. Two OT games, 2 games by 1 goal to extremely good teams (and the eventual champion), and one game they pulled the goalie when tied because they had to win. I'm not trying to make excuses for the kids but you have to realize every game was competitive.

The competition is unreal, the best cumulative talent at any youth hockey tournament the kids will ever experience. This is definitely an experience the kids will never forget, regardless of the actual outcome.
You know that we all know you are trying to save face and justify the spend right?
Can’t you just let it go? You were the worst BJB team ever.

Lost every game
Spent $12k+
Crazy parents
Infighting
Coach bashing
10 days in mall

Parents and kids came home with their tails between their legs and egos in check.Dont start trying to re-write history.

06 E9

BA
AB Patriots
Rifles
Seacoast
Warriors
Avalanche
BHL Q1
BHL Q2
Wizards

08 EHF Elite (well know hockey odds makers have compiled all necessary data)

MFF
BJE
MMF
Islanders
Top Gun
Huskies
Breakers
Kings
Bandits
Caps
Terriers

anon
08 EHF Elite (well know hockey odds makers have compiled all necessary data)

MFF
BJE
MMF
Islanders
Top Gun
Huskies
Breakers
Kings
Bandits
Caps
Terriers
I think you might be undervaluing SSK a bit, they may run no. 2 to MFR. Maybe overvaluing TG.

08's
Mid Fairfield
Flames
Eagles
Islanders
Kings
Caps
Huskies
Bandits
Top Gun
Breakers
Terriers

Anon

08's
Mid Fairfield
Flames
Eagles
Islanders
Kings
Caps
Huskies
Bandits
Top Gun
Breakers
Terriers
No way Caps finish that high.

Anon
06 E9

BA
AB Patriots
Rifles
Seacoast
Warriors
Avalanche
BHL Q1
BHL Q2
Wizards
You think standings from last year hold?

Could not agree more with that statement. TG has mostly E9 kids who decided to venture into real Hockey. It did not work out so well at the CCM tourney and that was half the speed they will see this season. SSK have improved again this year

Anon
Could not agree more with that statement. TG has mostly E9 kids who decided to venture into real Hockey. It did not work out so well at the CCM tourney and that was half the speed they will see this season. SSK have improved again this year
How did the SSK improve at the 08' level again? They lost their undisputed top player who produced almost all of their offense.

08 Predictions. Took previous posts and adjusted based on some lofty expectations of a few insane parents. Some player movement but won’t have much overall impact on the regular season. Biggest move up is TG moving into the playoff picture.

MFF
BJE
MF
SSK
Huskies
Islanders
TG
Breakers
Bandits
PHC
BJT

Don Cherry
08 Predictions. Took previous posts and adjusted based on some lofty expectations of a few insane parents. Some player movement but won’t have much overall impact on the regular season. Biggest move up is TG moving into the playoff picture.

MFF
BJE
MF
SSK
Huskies
Islanders
TG
Breakers
Bandits
PHC
BJT
Let's see how you're doing after the first 3 weeks: Games played in parenthesis.

Mid-Fairfield Jr. Rangers (7)
Boston Jr. Eagles (6)
Minuteman Flames (6)
Boston Bandits (5)
South Shore Kings (3)
Bay State Breakers (5)
Top Gun (6)
Providence H. C. (3)
Connecticut Jr. Huskies (6)
Boston Jr. Terriers (6)
Islanders Hockey Club (3)

My guess is it looks like this once things shake out: