Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: QUEBEC "Q" TOURNAMENT STORY LINES 2019

Say what you will but the teams that go- draw the best players in the area to play on THAT team... so whether you buy a bid or not- you will draw the best talent for that age group to your team. PERIOD.

Anon
All I ever read on here is how every tournament sucks and has been watered down... it’s hysterical actually, because I’ve yet to see one agreed upon “great tournament”. The Cup is watered down now you say. THE Q is old news. The JWK is a waste. Really? I think if you’re drawing the top10-20 ranked MHR teams - it’s a pretty good tournament. Sounds like you like to trash whatever tourney you did not make it into?? If my kid is playing against top ranked, competitive teams and scores are close- I’m happy. Say what you will, but the Q is still top dog for 12 year olds. How about some positive comments for a change?

As for the new Q bids in the E9... I think there will be a lot of movement from other leagues. There already was a large number of kids who moved from EHF to E9 this season. Time will tell. In the meantime, all competition is good when you’re 12 and traveling the country or the world.
That's cute.....sorry your bender will be missing a week's worth of school for a thumping from a B level Canadian team, a soggy plate of Poutine and a crap Wifi connection at the hotel for Fortnite.

The Q is purely money driven now. Teams buy their way in (notice the lack of any good Canadian teams). Hotels/restaurants make huge money as well as hockey tournament staff. They milk the tournament along so teams have days off in between games and you can end up staying over 10-12 days if you make a long run. They schedule it like that so hotels and area makes more money. Its a great way to get tourists to an area where the temperature averages about 8 degrees as a high during that time of year.

Anon
The Q is purely money driven now. Teams buy their way in (notice the lack of any good Canadian teams). Hotels/restaurants make huge money as well as hockey tournament staff. They milk the tournament along so teams have days off in between games and you can end up staying over 10-12 days if you make a long run. They schedule it like that so hotels and area makes more money. Its a great way to get tourists to an area where the temperature averages about 8 degrees as a high during that time of year.
And how is that different from any other tournament? Lake placid, the showcases? They all make money or the organizers would not do them! It’s business - everything comes down to that but if you combine good competition, with a fun location that bolsters the economy then it’s a win win.

23 of the 30 teams are US teams in the AAA elite division. Almost all other divisions are heavily dominated by Canadian teams.

Think everyone agrees ALL tournaments are money grabs ...this one just attracts the most teams so it a little
more special and meaningful and still considered the SB for PeeWee Majors. Like it or not it’s reality.

Still waiting to hear what you consider “the great” hockey tournaments for this age group... crickets crickets

My kid plays for a team that will probably make the Q in a few years out of the EHF and I am already dreading it. 2 weeks in Quebec when my kid is in 7th grade is not what I want out of youth hockey. I'd rather just do Toronto in November when I can actually go outside. When you have 2 kids on different year teams, these tournaments can be a total pain unless both teams are going.

Also, question, what is New England Prospects?

Tournaments in general are just money grabs, some are better than others, but Brick and Quebec have become the creme de la creme of stealing money. The fact that no top Toronto teams come to Quebec is a shame, but atleast you get the European teams which tend to be very good.

Bauer in Chicago still a thing? Once it was a big deal, not sure anymore

Laughed at “my kid plays for a team that will probably make the Q in a few years”.

Unfortunately Toronto teams don't go because of conflict many years ago among leagues and they remain unwelcome. Bulk of the event is during Mass school break this year. Most orgs pick up a lot of the cost and you can drive so huge money event argument does not really hold water. If I can pull my son from school for a day to go to Chicago, Detroit or Buffalo I sure can go two days for the Q. Watered or not still the premier youth event, and great location.

AON
Unfortunately Toronto teams don't go because of conflict many years ago among leagues and they remain unwelcome. Bulk of the event is during Mass school break this year. Most orgs pick up a lot of the cost and you can drive so huge money event argument does not really hold water. If I can pull my son from school for a day to go to Chicago, Detroit or Buffalo I sure can go two days for the Q. Watered or not still the premier youth event, and great location.
Great location? Arctic circle is beautiful this time of year....

Correct, BJE will never play BA again because it is not worth the BJE $5K fine and coach suspension to lose to BA. I am worried about BA taking the Q 'ship home with them. A team full of energetic players. All buy into the system and that team will beat IHC and their two superstars in Quebec provided the BA goalie is on top of his game. And my kid is on an EHF team. Where is Tonya Harding when we need her????
:grin:

Ex-BA dad
Correct, BJE will never play BA again because it is not worth the BJE $5K fine and coach suspension to lose to BA. I am worried about BA taking the Q 'ship home with them. A team full of energetic players. All buy into the system and that team will beat IHC and their two superstars in Quebec provided the BA goalie is on top of his game. And my kid is on an EHF team. Where is Tonya Harding when we need her????
Give it a break ex BA Dad...You sound like a creepy old man gushing over a team of 12 year old kids... that your own kid doesn't even play for...:boy: :older_man:

Anon
Ex-BA dad
Correct, BJE will never play BA again because it is not worth the BJE $5K fine and coach suspension to lose to BA. I am worried about BA taking the Q \'ship home with them. A team full of energetic players. All buy into the system and that team will beat IHC and their two superstars in Quebec provided the BA goalie is on top of his game. And my kid is on an EHF team. Where is Tonya Harding when we need her????
Give it a break ex BA Dad...You sound like a creepy old man gushing over a team of 12 year old kids... that your own kid doesn't even play for...:boy: :older_man:
Seriously, JI paid the fine and told RG what he can do with his over inflated ego.

Then Don't go!
#ProblemSolved

Buford T. Justice
Then Don't go!
#ProblemSolved
Buford actually made a post that isn't crazy. Wonders never cease.

Funny, none of you have commented on any of the story lines the OP had...