Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Coach’s priorities

As a coach I say good for him. Did he have assistants at the game? I coach both my kids teams plus a middle school team. I actually got to watch the game on Sunday as we had games on Sunday morning. It was the second Pats game I got to watch this season. Would I have skipped a game or it? Prob not. Guess how much I get paid. Zero. Give the coach a break. Its a long season.

Anon
As a coach I say good for him. Did he have assistants at the game? I coach both my kids teams plus a middle school team. I actually got to watch the game on Sunday as we had games on Sunday morning. It was the second Pats game I got to watch this season. Would I have skipped a game or it? Prob not. Guess how much I get paid. Zero. Give the coach a break. Its a long season.

Total double standard. Let a 10 year old miss a practice for, say, Halloween and see what percent of coaches react negatively.

Irrelevant how much you are paid. By assuming a leadership position in youth sports, you're holding yourself out as a role model. Honor. Your. Commitments.

Correct. Sorry, no breaks because wanna be Bruce Cassidy wants to throw a few back.

Look on the bright side, I'm sure all of the roving scouts in attendance took into account that your players HC wasn't at the game and graded him up since there was an obvious lack of leadership and in game adjustments.

No Days off...No Days off....No Days Off....:laughing:

Anon
Anon

Total double standard. Let a 10 year old miss a practice for, say, Halloween and see what percent of coaches react negatively.

Irrelevant how much you are paid. By assuming a leadership position in youth sports, you're holding yourself out as a role model. Honor. Your. Commitments.
No I get it. Like I said I would not miss the game but I understand if someone else wanted to. Maybe that is a double standard. And I get that its not about the lack of pay. Just saying its a long season. We do our best for the kids.