Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jr. Mounties

anon
Anon
How can this program be for real for 19/20? Zero tryout info posted, website still has default text, nothing. The only clue is the BHL/E9 images. There is no way they can attract top talent. They will get kids fleeing from the Giants dumpster, that\'s it.
tryouts will be announce along with Saints and they will do joint tryouts in WW and Mount and will then separate the kids based on talent( or lack there of). Mounties will get the first crack at the E9 slot. Saints will be the BHL/VHL group.
This makes some sense. If it's true then this might get some of the better kids from PHC to at least check out try outs

Based on the way e9/bhl runs this makes no sense. Parity is September so no garuntee for any team in any division. So are mounties now the saints elite team and saints are only select teams? Is this one program or two program? If it is one why not change the logo in both locations? Doesn't a new program have to be voted in by the other members of the league? Why would the Lovells agree to another program so close when the league has blocked the leafs coming in? No announcements on the website for tryouts? No coaches announced at the youth teams. Do they really think every single Northstar kid is gonna come running home? After peewees seems like you have to be enrolled in school to play in the program. Way to many unanswered questions this close to tryouts season.

Before PHC merged with the Northstars and Friars they had a partnership. They had joint skate evals and allowed players from the Friars and Northstars to be alternates and play on Caps elite teams. The Mounties and Saints could have a similar arrangement. The Saints are involved somehow ,it's the only way I think they would allow the Mounties to compete in the BHL/E9. It will shake things up a bit. For PHC to send out an email talking about contracts and offering free try outs shows that they are very worried about what's going on.

It’s a joke because they are banking on most of the kids from PHC north sliding right in.

Anonymous
Any new info out on the junior Mounties program?
Herb Brooks just dug himself out of the grave and will be coaching all the teams.

Ankle Bender USA

So, I heard MS tried to merge with the 95 Giants and wanted to sell the PHC to Lovell. Crazy rumor but it's out there. What about the email last night? 2 less sheets of ice next season for all the Tier 1 and EMHL teams. And go ask your coach for a contract? Very strange.

Anon
So, I heard MS tried to merge with the 95 Giants and wanted to sell the PHC to Lovell. Crazy rumor but it's out there. What about the email last night? 2 less sheets of ice next season for all the Tier 1 and EMHL teams. And go ask your coach for a contract? Very strange.
Andy we know how accurate rumors on this board are.

Anon
the merge is false. That much i know. Whats this email about less ice? Giants or PHC? curious as people have been calling me for my kid from both but would like to know since my son is tier 1 white/BHL at best.

That's 100% false. MS is a minority owner and there's zero chance PHC sells anything to or merges with Lovell.

As of late last week nothing. No new information and the person running it is no responsive to even basic questions.

Tryouts are posted!

Not in e9 next year. Blocked by Lovell.

Anon
Not dumping on them, but realistically they won't be skilled enough to be in E9.....BHL or PHL is where they'll most likely begin 1st year...

Anon
Lovell tell you this?

And 1
Tryouts are posted!
Tryouts are during the EHF playoffs. That should tell you the talent level they are expecting for next season. They will have players that did not make the playoffs and BHL kids looking to get away from ****ty coaches.

Anon
And 1
Tryouts are posted!
Tryouts are during the EHF playoffs. That should tell you the talent level they are expecting for next season. They will have players that did not make the playoffs and BHL kids looking to get away from ****ty coaches.
And why do you care?

Anon
Anon
And 1
Tryouts are posted!
And why do you care?
Well it certainly won't help their cause..Also not helping is that they are intentionally NOT announcing coaches until after tryouts which makes no sense. The rationale is they want to get as many people to show up to tryouts as possible and if they announce the coaches they think certain people will judge and not come. I think this is a really crappy approach, right from the get-go they aren't disclosing things to the people they expect money from! Just be honest and let people make their own decisions, people aren't dumb and will either find out through the grapevine or just not come because of it. Thats likely the decision we're going to make due to this, kind of leaves a bad taste.