Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: East Coast Militia

Where you located?

Don’t do it, ****show, better off at the Terriers or Boch!

Curious about this also. How is the coaching, competition, etc?

They play in a horrible league (NOT the EHF), the 05 coaches for both the Vikings and Militia are subpar and the owners promised us we would play at the Thayer Rink this year, we ended up in all random rinks with no home games and practice times that didn’t work for normal working parents. They also NEVER gave us a discount for their bait n switch tactics.

anon
Curious about this also. How is the coaching, competition, etc?
have heard many of the stories echoed here and no need to pile on. but to be fair we have friends with the u14 militia team and for what its worth they have overwhelmingly positive things to say about the head coach.

They are good for the upper level not lower levels.

They are looking to grow their youth program, but you can't have a strong program out of the gate. Their midget teams are better than their youth teams.

Club hockey is a tough pool to be in....people second guess everyone's intentions, skills and credibility. They placed their teams in PHL which was the right level for their first year or for many years.
I don't see why people want to bash programs that their kid is not on. Example: Militia/Giants/Americans/Boch/Edge/Express

My kid is an BHL American player....so no affiliation.
Side note: I wouldn't have my kid play for any of those programs, because he can play for teams that play at a slightly higher skill level. But if he couldn't, I would explore those options.

Last year's U14 Militia split-season team played in some very good tournaments and they were decent. For the most part held their own against the better split-season teams around here.