Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Coaching certification

You have to be a different kind of dumb to call out a guy who is volunteering to coach kids putting hours and hours of time in to make kids better players and people on a anonymous board if you have a question be a man and ask them. And no my kid does not play for the eagles and he did not get cut.

The question was about Certification. Why have any rules or requirements? Playing pro hockey or college hockey doesn’t make you exempt from the rules. The response wasn’t anti-BJE but it was posted here previously that the former coach who was forced out had certification issues as well. As for volunteering, the IHC coaches are definitely not volunteering. See the Nose.

Annnnno
The question was about Certification. Why have any rules or requirements? Playing pro hockey or college hockey doesn’t make you exempt from the rules. The response wasn’t anti-BJE but it was posted here previously that the former coach who was forced out had certification issues as well. As for volunteering, the IHC coaches are definitely not volunteering. See the Nose.
ALL COACHES HAVE TO PASS BACKGROUND CHECKS AND PASS AGE MODULES AS WELL AS HAVE COACHING LEVEL 3 ....... CHECK AGAIN OR BE MORE SPECIFIC

Wow, what a loser you are dropping names.

If you people can’t read....all coaches must be certified in all areas and pass background checks....paid or not, you people are iots

Why
Should I give a **** that a coach doesn't have his CEP#, any age appropriate training, and doesn't even appear on a USA hockey coaches search? I will guess no USPHL or CORI either but that is speculation. Why isn't this enforced by the EHF?
can we separate CORI from everything else, CORIs are state law.

as for CEP/patching: automobile makers spend billions on r&d to make the occupants safer in an accident, which is all for not if you are not where you are supposed to be a/k/a wearing a seat belt properly. similarly, and i will grant there is a lot of nothing there, USA Hockey has spent a fair amount of time and money working with coaches, educators and psychologists to design a plan for the betterment of YOUR CHILD. information i was never privy too. so why should we not expect our coaches to at least give an afternoon or 3 to hear them out. btw the one given to high school coaches was better than any of the 4 levels by USA hockey (although the 4th had some moments).