Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: stick

Only kids with wheels on their bags use grips.

Anon
Only kids with wheels on their bags use grips.
I don't think he was asking about a grip versus taping the stick end, not a Buttendz. 99 out of 100 would know that. Congrats on being the 1.

To the OP, you're insane. I believe you're the parent that wants his 8 year old to work with my kid's skills guy five days a week. You're the parent that, when your kid goes from junior to senior skate sizes will argue with the guy at Cooke's that's been selling skates for 20 years that his kid SHOULD be in the $1,000 Bauers, that they AREN'T too stiff for him, that he doesn't know what he's talking about (this actually happens).

Buy what's on sale. Ask your kid if he even likes grip. At that age it's about as important as the color.

Oh, BTW, I did check, Bauer only sells the Prodigy line in non-grip. So, that's about as good an answer as you're going to get. I'm sure there is logic to that.

anon
grip or no grip for mites?
been playing ‘no grip’ since beginning
Future reference......Never ask these types of mite questions on the Dboard....Just ask the staff at Pure Hockey...its much less painful and you'll get an honest answer....:laughing:

The staff at PH won’t know. I suggest calling Bauer and getting a representative to explain the intricate design of said mite stick.

Gotta have a grip. If you don’t you’re setting him up to fail.

Also best to buy the most expensive stick cause they have the most goals in them.

Make sure you track all his goals in a spreadsheet so you can show the coaches during tryouts

I hear the top scoring mites all use pro-stock sticks. 35 flex, mid kick,slightly tacky, & heel curve.
Difficult to find, but worth the effort.

Anon
I hear the top scoring mites all use pro-stock sticks. 35 flex, mid kick,slightly tacky, & heel curve.
Difficult to find, but worth the effort.
best to buy two sticks just in case one runs out of goals/stops working and don't forget the double sided tape then use plenty of wax.

Dave A
Gotta have a grip. If you don’t you’re setting him up to fail.

Also best to buy the most expensive stick cause they have the most goals in them.

Make sure you track all his goals in a spreadsheet so you can show the coaches during tryouts
Also don't forget the proper flex. Have him lean on it in the store to see if the flex suits him. Also the kick point. Flex is really null if you don't have the proper kick point for a mite stick.

anon
grip or no grip for mites?
been playing ‘no grip’ since beginning
Depends on if your kid wants to make the Brick team. I think 3/4 of the Brick team use the grip. Maybe that matters to you. Hope this helps.