Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Collusion in EHF

Everyone ******** about rg..please it's just Russian collusion.. been around longer than the game of hockey or the United States

A
A
Why should they lower their expectations when the kid deserves to be in EHF elite. I wouldn’t want to play in that garbage league E9. Anyone in that league that is any good moves to EHF. Don’t think people aspire to play E9. Comes back to RG being a tool bag
E9 is not garbage
Sounds like to me the EHF is garbage with all the crap that goes on there with RG...USPHL will follow...

Couldn't be happier not in the EHF...

This should not devolve into an E9 v. EHF quality of hockey argument. It has nothing to do with that. The story on what is happening to this family is out there now. People are talking about it. It's a black mark on youth hockey regardless of the league. RG is abusing his power and blackballing a 12 year old kid. The kid is a good kid and has done nothing wrong. Even the parents on the Islanders don't know why RG is blackballing a kid that he cut. They think he is out of line.

Let's hear the other side. Why is RG trying to keep this kid out of the league? Why are the owners afraid to take the kid? I'm sure Merrimack College would be thrilled to hear that they are associated with a guy like this. Let's pray he never becomes director of admissions. This all goes away if RG acts like an adult and a business leader, sets aside his personal vendetta, and let's the kid play. Suspend the parents if they did something to justify a suspension. So let's hear the justification for blackballing this kid.

Yes, no doubt this kid should be allowed to play. Unless there's another side to this story, which seems like it could only be that their bill isn't paid. Sounds like that is not the case, however. I feel awful for this kid. Bad enough to get cut, but to get cut and then blocked from moving on? What's the end game? Is it to force him to play Tier 1 IHC?

Duh. It’s to teach them a lesson.

TS
This should not devolve into an E9 v. EHF quality of hockey argument. It has nothing to do with that. The story on what is happening to this family is out there now. People are talking about it. It's a black mark on youth hockey regardless of the league. RG is abusing his power and blackballing a 12 year old kid. The kid is a good kid and has done nothing wrong. Even the parents on the Islanders don't know why RG is blackballing a kid that he cut. They think he is out of line.

Let's hear the other side. Why is RG trying to keep this kid out of the league? Why are the owners afraid to take the kid? I'm sure Merrimack College would be thrilled to hear that they are associated with a guy like this. Let's pray he never becomes director of admissions. This all goes away if RG acts like an adult and a business leader, sets aside his personal vendetta, and let's the kid play. Suspend the parents if they did something to justify a suspension. So let's hear the justification for blackballing this kid.
Couple of points:
1. Agreed. This is not an E9 v. EHF discussion. EHF defenders will want to take it there though to dodge the topic.

2. The parents and RG know the truth.
a. If the parents pulled the kid and the rules state that they cannot move to another team without permission, then they are screwed. It may have been a "you can't fire me, I quit" situation which would suck for the kid as RG would then not do him any favors.
b. If the kid was cut and RG is preventing the kid from jumping on another EHF elite team because of a personal issue, then they should go talk to a lawyer or go to the news for some publicity. Hell, if money is an issue, start a Go Fund Me attorney fee page. RG has ****** in enough cereal bowls to make a few enemies over the years and finding contributors shouldn't be a problem.

3. Caveat emptor.
a. Parents should know: when its good, its good at IHC. Just ask plenty of the IHC defenders out there. But when its bad...watch out.
b. Other team owners know or should have known what they were allowing. I wasn't privy to those original backroom discussions but as the saying goes "you made your bed"...
c. Merrimack is already aware about who they are associated. Money buys a lot of power at the institution. Ask Coach Dennehy. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2018/03/13_Commentary-Merrimack-Stumbles.php

My question is this: why is there so much controversy around this man?

Get's better. The rules that were taken down off the website at some point in the middle of last year clearly stated that a team with a **** winning percentage (aka ssk's) can take two players off another elite team if they had a high winning percentage (aka isles). But apparently there is a back room, handshake, BS deal in place (think like Trading Places) where Team2 would never ever take more than 1 elite kid from Team1 and vice versa. The league rules are in black and white...and are being usurped by RG and for whatever reason we will never know why. ..and the parents should and could get their hands on those and demand answers.
Above all fact. RUMOR is RG owns a part of Team 2.....threw some $$ in a few years ago. hmmmmm.

Yup. Play time demands coming back to haunt!

If this is true story parents just go to channel 5 news tell there story.

How many times do you hear it?
It goes on all day long
Everyone knows everything
And no one's ever wrong...