email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2005 Breakers elite is no more

Anon
Same thing last year with TG 05. I guess that league isn't as good as some people think. Oh 05 Islanders blew up and can't field a team either. Why??
TG, Bandits and now BSB 05 teams...Im also hearing Jr Terriers will also not field an 05 Team...one thing in common was they were all dead last (or bottom dwellers) and just couldn't compete in the elite division...pretty simple...they should have just fielded teams and moved to T1...but because of the "elitist" parents that wasn't going to be acceptable to most...Most of the 05s will find half season teams and play HS hockey...Some will move on to FS U14...its pretty simple analysis...unless you play for Jr Eagles or MFF...but then again...Most divisions in the EHF are 2 team leagues...Sorry your 05 teams got CUT....:laughing: :laughing:

TM did a number on that organization. He should have been let go years sooner. They are trying to change the culture but too much damage was done.

Something is going on with 05s on the South Shore. Possibly no u14/05 Elite teams for Breakers, Bandits, Kings and now maybe Terriers? Where did all of these kids go?

They must be going to the militia
U14 national team

Love all these teams advertising as national bound teams. Doesn't the one team that wins the states only go to nationals? I've seen like 5or 6 teams say they are a national bound team.

Anon
Love all these teams advertising as national bound teams. Doesn't the one team that wins the states only go to nationals? I've seen like 5or 6 teams say they are a national bound team.
I thought the same thing. A lot of people saying their kids playing on the u14 national team.

I hope they didn’t go to the Militia National team cause they will regret how the org is run and the coaches
they have. The only thing they have is nice looking shirts!

Anon

I hope they didn’t go to the Militia National team cause they will regret how the org is run and the coaches
Care to elaborate?

Anon
Anon

Care to elaborate?
There are a number of kids from 05E BSB and 05E Terriers on the Militia U14 NB team...a few "elite"/T1 SSK kids there as well...There really wasn't much talent there to speak of...No one really stood out...Heard the team was already picked even though tryouts are listed on website for April 11th...former 05 BSB coach (MM) is one of the Militia assistant coaches, so there is the connection for 05 BSB kids....

Anon
Anon
Anon

Care to elaborate?
There are a number of kids from 05E BSB and 05E Terriers on the Militia U14 NB team...a few "elite"/T1 SSK kids there as well...There really wasn't much talent there to speak of...No one really stood out...Heard the team was already picked even though tryouts are listed on website for April 11th...former 05 BSB coach (MM) is one of the Militia assistant coaches, so there is the connection for 05 BSB kids....
The 05E BSB kids and the terriers and SSK kids that are going to play for Militia are all awful. The team has ZERO chance to make Nationals. Check please!

There is some 06 kids on roster to which I don’t see a reason for. That made us stay away

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon

Care to elaborate?
There are a number of kids from 05E BSB and 05E Terriers on the Militia U14 NB team...a few \"elite\"/T1 SSK kids there as well...There really wasn\'t much talent there to speak of...No one really stood out...Heard the team was already picked even though tryouts are listed on website for April 11th...former 05 BSB coach (MM) is one of the Militia assistant coaches, so there is the connection for 05 BSB kids....
The 05E BSB kids and the terriers and SSK kids that are going to play for Militia are all awful. The team has ZERO chance to make Nationals. Check please!
Wow. If ever there was a place for our favorite DBoard quote, its right here.

Anon
Something is going on with 05s on the South Shore. Possibly no u14/05 Elite teams for Breakers, Bandits, Kings and now maybe Terriers? Where did all of these kids go?
Doesn’t this happen at this age?? It all falls apart between players leaving to do 1/2 season, hs, and prep... numbers are bound to fall. It happens everywhere at this age level.

Terriers have a U14 Elite....It’s all the players from the 05 T1 Bavis Team

Same with IHC U14. Next year team is T1 team from this past year.

Anon
what happened with the IHC elite team?

anon
Anon
what happened with the IHC elite team?
IHC Elite went Ba-Boom years ago.

And most of those 05 Terriers from Bavis are NOT Elite caliber, they will be in way over their heads. It’s all about who you know.

National Bound simply designates the team to be eligible to play nationals if they qualify, ie win states or get an at large bid.

So, this was a long time in the making. If the league was truly interested in hockey, they would have allowed the top two T1 black teams play into a parity round vs. the bottom two or three elite level teams. It is likely that PHC-T1 black and Northstars both would have offered better competition. I realize that PHC T1B could be a problem as the PHC elite is already up there but the Northstar team would not be.

This is about too many teams and not enough elite players. There should only be six elite teams anyway based on talent that is out there.

Too much money to be made. That’s all this is about.

anon
So, this was a long time in the making. If the league was truly interested in hockey, they would have allowed the top two T1 black teams play into a parity round vs. the bottom two or three elite level teams. It is likely that PHC-T1 black and Northstars both would have offered better competition. I realize that PHC T1B could be a problem as the PHC elite is already up there but the Northstar team would not be.

This is about too many teams and not enough elite players. There should only be six elite teams anyway based on talent that is out there.
Northstars can’t play in due to geography ! Another reason the EHF Iis declining and destined for failure.

Not about being elite and playing elite, more about not infringing on another teams right to be called elite.

Can you explain the geography thing? Is it due to MMF? Thanks...

Yes

Anon
Families told after tryouts there won’t be an 05 elite team. Kids and parents scrambling to find a team. Sad to see an organization in such decline. Commit to developing your players and this won't happen. Will there be a refund of the bait and switch tryout $$$?
I give them credit for pulling the plug, too many org's take what they can for U-14 at tryouts and hope for a few off season acquisitions and additional bodies after high school tryouts and it seldom works out. After the teams loses a couple of players to high school you see those teams playing with eight skaters and a rotation of underage goalies. It's better to waste the tryout money than the full tuition.

Many of the 05 Terriers went to the River Rats along with other from that area. They should be pretty good. The IHC 05 team lost a bunch of kids so instead of bring up AAA kids to fill the spots the coach decided to take his remaining kids and combine with the Minuteman Flames. That will be a half season team and they will be pretty good as well. The Providence Capitals also improved and will be pretty good.

There will be several local pretty good 05 Elite teams and a couple of really good ones. This season will require some regional travel to play higher caliber teams like MFR, NJ Colonial and the Philadelphia Hockey Club.

Seems at the U14 level when league player movement restrictions are over you end up having less teams however the teams that are left have combined players from a bunch of different teams creating more depth for these teams.

We shall see...

Put the skates away and play some spring sports!!!!