Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 07 elites

Rumor has it was a mutual agreement they wanted to leave And islanders planned on cutting him. They brought in new kids ..Patriots and 06 flames kid

Killer kowalski
Rumor has it was a mutual agreement they wanted to leave And islanders planned on cutting him. They brought in new kids ..Patriots and 06 flames kid
Well if the kid left then he's not released from his contract which means the islanders can control where he goes within the league. Sucks but thems the rules.

Anon
Killer kowalski
Well if the kid left then he's not released from his contract which means the islanders can control where he goes within the league. Sucks but thems the rules.
It’s youth hockey, not jail. Seasons over, obligations finished. Families can look around, programs can not take kids back, such is life. These aren’t lifetime contracts,

No talent in E9 07 besides BA. Lol. Funny how Top Fed teams purge E9 teams to replace their players. Must be some great development going on year to year. I'm sure they willl crawl around the E9 to find talent again next year. Feel bad for the family if this is true. What's happening to youth hockey ...?

If you honestly think the E9 develops kids better than the FED your delusional..These E9 Parents over the years have seen the league weaken with players fleeing for the FED.So if your bender has any talent you also make the leap. It happens every year. If you know anything about elite hockey all the top kids make the jump for the main purpose of playing in the FED for U14 /U16. The E9 is atrocious at that age. It’s not hard to figure that out. If you haven’t made the jump by 1st year pee wee then your stuck in the E9.Perfect example is the amount of E9 kids at FED tryouts this year ..from what I’m hearing multiple kids left Patriots VJW Saints and wizards for FED teams. my point exactly ..it’s a better league,parents who’s kids can’t make a FED team defend it year and year out. Again my kids played both. There’s not much comparison!!

Player development is circumstantial by program and coach. Clearly if Top EHF teams are taking kids from the E9 teams that you cited then there must be development going on. Not sure how someone could argue that. Also looks like after the top 4 teams in the EHF there wasn't too much going on in terms of success for programs at the 07 age (just looking at standings/results/rankings). It's tough for E9 to compete with the marketing machine of the EHF. Can't argue with you that the overall talent Is better in EHF. But what does it say about the league when things like this are going on..? I'm hoping the story about this 07 isn't true and Is being blown out of proportion. Not sure how I would react if it were my kid this was happening to. I'm just trying to speak on this topic as a rational human being. Not trying to blow your gaskets at 10 pm on a Sunday night. As for U14 and U-16 hockey.. the focus should be on high school.. who cares about split season hockey.. prepare your kid for high school hockey the best possible way wherever that may be. Make sure they're enjoying themselves, playing at a competitive level, and building confidence. If you haven't heard from a prep school coach by that age it doesn't matter where your kid plays they aren't going anywhere besides their local high school or dishing out thousands to play third line on a junior team. Just the reality of it. One last thing to remember! All roads lead to men's league boys!

Killer kowalski
If you honestly think the E9 develops kids better than the FED your delusional..These E9 Parents over the years have seen the league weaken with players fleeing for the FED.So if your bender has any talent you also make the leap. It happens every year. If you know anything about elite hockey all the top kids make the jump for the main purpose of playing in the FED for U14 /U16. The E9 is atrocious at that age. It’s not hard to figure that out. If you haven’t made the jump by 1st year pee wee then your stuck in the E9.Perfect example is the amount of E9 kids at FED tryouts this year ..from what I’m hearing multiple kids left Patriots VJW Saints and wizards for FED teams. my point exactly ..it’s a better league,parents who’s kids can’t make a FED team defend it year and year out. Again my kids played both. There’s not much comparison!!
Man I wish you'd print your actual name and this thread could be frozen in time, so when your kid fizzles out by U16 and doesn't talk to you once he graduates high school because you're a moron, we could all reflect and laugh at you. You realize you're having a written dick measuring contest on an anonymous DBoard about 11 year olds' hockey leagues? You have the biggest dick man, congrats... You win. Poor kid.

anon
Killer kowalski
Man I wish you'd print your actual name and this thread could be frozen in time, so when your kid fizzles out by U16 and doesn't talk to you once he graduates high school because you're a moron, we could all reflect and laugh at you. You realize you're having a written dick measuring contest on an anonymous DBoard about 11 year olds' hockey leagues? You have the biggest dick man, congrats... You win. Poor kid.
Bravo.

And the problem with Killer Kow is has a bunch of "brothers" and "sisters" who think just like him. They fuel the eHF beast.

You feel bad for the children of these people. They think that they are doing right by their kids.

A league doesn't develop anyone in hockey. It is all coaching and the program. Saying the FED or the E9 develop more players is a foolish argument. The kids coach is the one who has the greatest impact on development. The programs skills and the quality of the coaching is what drives people to their program.

anon
A league doesn't develop anyone in hockey. It is all coaching and the program. Saying the FED or the E9 develop more players is a foolish argument. The kids coach is the one who has the greatest impact on development. The programs skills and the quality of the coaching is what drives people to their program.
By that logic then many kids who are playing in the Fed or E9 should play town. Ive seen really good coaches at the squirt 3 level and pee wee 2 level from 2 different towns. Now, these kids could be playing among kids that can barely skate, but he is with a really great coach. So based on your thoughts these kids going to town with a good coach and playing with and against kids who are not Really good will help him develop. You believe that competition and pace of play mean nothing?

Poor dead horse.

Haven't there been THREE threads already on this? If we're getting the full story, I'd think the family should have legit recourse. But instead they're here bringing it up over and over again. Something doesn't smell right.

Killer kowalski
I hope it’s not true that the SSK and Bandits turtled to RG and pulled a kids contract because he told them to..Eagles would never oblige by that!!!Let the kid
Play !! He’s 11 for Christ sakes ..it’s only gonna make people hate the islanders more. Kid is to talented to play in the E9. With the movement of the rest of the “Top E9” kids making the move to the FED . It officially has no talent or good teams with the except of BA ..Its just not right ..I believe in Karma .Hope the parents don’t just let this go !!! I don’t understand why he cares ?!?!? You didn’t resign him so he’s no longer your problem let him be some other teams problem.Youth hockey at its finest!!!!
"Kid is to [sic] talented to play in the E9."

It's idiotic statements like this that give RG all of his power. He and his minions have convinced you that this is true, when it really isn't. The hockey being played in the E9 will not prevent your player from achieving any of his long-term hockey goals.

You come on here to badmouth the guy, but you end up perpetuating his myth. Be smarter than that.

Have the kid try and play Fed black?
Then skAte as an alternate with the top team. I’m sure their has to be atleast 1 organization that will do the right thing , BJE, MMF,
Then after 2-4 weeks move up or play both whatever the rules say ....

Rules won't allow it. Plus, the real issue remains that RG has threatened at least two organizations with future repercussions if they take the kid. And to be clear, RG does not refer to Roger Goodell. Same initials. Same lack of ethics and integrity. Same abuse of power and position. But different person.

Truth

E9 or EHL doesn’t compare to Canadian AAA Hockey. Both leagues continually get beat up by the Canadian teams so you might as well give up altogether, or move. And then there’s the Czech’s, Finns, Russians, Swedes, etc... that are way ahead in developing kids than the US.

It’s all fine balance between the competition you play against (E9 and EHF have some horrible teams to play against), who you play with (only 3 teams in Boston have top to bottom talent), the coach (I’ve only seen 2-3 coaches that are true elite caliber at this age group) and the skills (most are outdated and the owner/player dev guy has lost interest).

The US has, and will always be, about the money. Pay more, you have better ops. If you want to play D1, pay $160k for prepschool first. Play 2-3 sports, pay advisors in each. Maybe you’ll get a scholarship. Parrots the whole lot of you

We are luck if 1 kid from Boston makes the show at each level and you’re all screwed because my benders have those locked up already. Lol