The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Moving to Wenham/Hamilton/Boxford/Beverly— Where to play?

We’re moving to the area later this year, and trying to figure out where our kids would play hockey. What rinks are near Wenham/Hamilton/Boxford/Beverly with good programs for a U14 girl and 2006 boy that play for competive elite programs elsewhere? We’re looking for a town that’s relatively suburban, but commutable to Boston (and where we’d be able to get home in time to get kids to practice but still have a decent amount of land). Thanks for any advice on ‘hockey towns’ we should look at, or programs that are within reasonable proximity to these towns!

Re: Moving to Wenham/Hamilton/Boxford/Beverly— Where to play?

the closer to the water you get the less options you're going to have. if you're in Boxford you could realistically hit the Islanders in North Andover both boys and girls. the Spartans are in Exeter NH, Valley Jr. Warriors are out of Ward Hill in Haverhill and Top Gun is in Salem. tryouts for next year just ended. good luck!

Out on Cape Ann is tough. Islanders is probably your best bet, like the prior poster said, but I can't promise you the traffic won't be hell around practice time. They will likely be able to find a spot for you, but probably not on an elite team unless you are a known quantity coming in. You can probably also do Warriors or Seacoast, but now you're getting into 45+ minutes to the rink.

The local(ish) options are Americans, Vipers, Wings, Icehawks. Would probably recommend in that order, if I had to recommend one of these. If you are looking at playing at your local HS eventually, and you are in a bigger town, consider that local program and an alternate spot somewhere to get your feet wet, then make a full time move for 2020-21. It's kind of late in the process to be looking for spots. Most "elite" teams at this point are probably good for next year already.

Vipers have a NEW '06 team. They have two more tryouts/open skates coming up - one this Wednesday and one next Wednesday.

Cape Ann is a sports desert. In that area, you are best off in Boxford or Georgetown with access to Islanders, Warriors, Seacoast, Top Gun. Many hockey rinks are off of I-495. Closer to Boston (I-93) are Andover and Winchester with access to Islanders, Warriors, American, Vipers.

IHC

Aren’t all of the tryouts over?

Vipers

If you want to play for an organization with an absentee owner along with a director who is never at the rink and won’t email or call you back then Top Gun is the place for your bender. What is a positive is you can drive over conveniently to Govs Academy and chase Director BM down there where he spends most of his time. No toilet paper at the Icecenter but great chicken fingers. Who cares about their elite win % what does it matter.

Top gun 🤣 what a joke

North Shore Vipers girls and Boston Junior Rangers boys in Tewksbury

Good morning, I’m the team manager for an 06E team that plays in the E9/BHL and our team is looking for 1 full time player or perhaps an alternate. We’re 25 mins northwest of Boston. If interested, feel free to contact me at pcivitarese@yahoo.com.

Regards,

Peter