email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What to do?

Anon
its division championship on sat then league championship on Sunday... we could leave early and haul ass back down to make Sundays game or do I call state district rep and suggest a player to replace my son.
I would gather that he would be trying out for NED next year? Is that the imprssion you want to leave? It's pretty late to change your mind now that the camp is in 4 days and teams are set. Do what you feel is best but I would think this is an easy choice.

Addressing the possibility of bowing out of camp sooner would have been ideal. That said, what hockey person wouldn't understand -- and respect -- being a team player? I'm sure there's a line of kids who would be happy to take you player's spot -- and a line of parents happy to pay for it.

Pull up your pants and make your decision. Nobody cares what you and your kid decides. You're an a**h*** for posting this in the first place. If you're kid is anything like you he's screwed.

Agreed. This is nothing less than a misguided humble brag. Otherwise, the OP wouldn't have gone out of his way to make sure we knew that his kid was the only one on his team to make it. All the more reason for him to play the game and not screw them over.

Anon
Agreed. This is nothing less than a misguided humble brag. Otherwise, the OP wouldn't have gone out of his way to make sure we knew that his kid was the only one on his team to make it. All the more reason for him to play the game and not screw them over.
I thought this at first too but I think its actually an important detail to the question being asked. To me that means his kid is one of the top players on the team if not the top. Missing the game could mean the difference between winning and losing.

My take though is play the game and see the season through until the end.

Anon
Valley championship game or ne futures district camp at uvm?
Whatever you choose for your kid is your choice. My only suggestion is that you get to making one and telling the coach of his VHL team or the NED camp immediately. Not cool to let this hang out there.

His two coaches sons were at the tryout and head coach underatands and thinks he should go to camp and assistant coach not so much.. as of now they think he will miss the games. and I have reached out by phone to president of the state amateur hockey association to get more clarification and get ball rolling one way or the other.

What year is he? I have some knowledge