Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Parental Teaching Moments

Agreed....but Works both ways, parent and child “ unfriend” sometimes because the team was the link . Especially if in different town and we’re just “ social” acquaintances due to team play and events .. the player and family that leaves ... if they say nothing when leaving ?

Just a “hi” what’s up, at the rink .. shouldn’t change a thing ..we’re adults .. if kids were fortnite teammates or school classmates or play other sports, they figure it out ..
kids are smarter than you think ....
My 2 cents ...

When you are out you are out. This stuff is like the mafia team

Times are changing. Values are different. There's a reason the media has taken to referring to Millenials as Generation Me.

Anon
Parents teach your kids to be great people. Kids are not defined by the jersey they wear. Who on earth would unfriend a child because they choose to go to another team. Families make decisions based on what is best for them. Seriously folks, it is youth hockey!!! 😡
They're raising hockey players, not compassionate, well-behaved, respectful, kind hearted children don't you know that? The two ARE mutually exclusive!

You have to chock it up to you're better off without this person, honestly. Some of the dumbest human beings i've ever met have their kids in Youth hockey, and this is just further proof it's everywhere. People will spend their last penny and sell their personal integrity to the next highest bidder to get their kids into what they think is the right situation. All for what? So their kid can be the captain of the beer league?

Our development model in New England absolutely sucks, and we should all be ashamed of ourselves as parents for putting our kids through the crap we do for this sport and ultimately the way some coaches/parents/owners behave. Makes me lose all faith in humanity when I see the mongrels who were allowed to reproduce.

sounds like coach Sandusky? no sleepovers!

Like anything in life, depends on the situation

Anon
Parents teach your kids to be great people. Kids are not defined by the jersey they wear. Who on earth would unfriend a child because they choose to go to another team. Families make decisions based on what is best for them. Seriously folks, it is youth hockey!!! 😡
Agree - but it also depends on the situation and how things went down.