Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help rank ehf teams

Try again next year.

ConfusedParent
Trying to get my son on a club team. Could anyone honestly rank the organizations in EHF? Is he only getting looks now by the bad teams?
1. Islanders East
2. Islanders West
3. Islanders South by Southwest
4. Islanders Area 51
5. Islanders High Plains
6. Islanders Sea Floor
7. Islanders Polar Caps (May Change Name Soon with Global Warming)
8. Islanders Ristuccia

341. Top Gun

Anon
ConfusedParent
Trying to get my son on a club team. Could anyone honestly rank the organizations in EHF? Is he only getting looks now by the bad teams?
1. Islanders East
2. Islanders West
3. Islanders South by Southwest
4. Islanders Area 51
5. Islanders High Plains
6. Islanders Sea Floor
7. Islanders Polar Caps (May Change Name Soon with Global Warming)
8. Islanders Ristuccia

341. Top Gun
Must really bother you that IHC as a whole is third in line behind MFR and BJE...really has taken a toll on you huh?

I'm basing this on the order I would send my kids

BJE
MMF
IHC
------> BA
TER
SSK
------> PAT
TG
CT
PRO
BAN
BRE

Go to live barn and review the teams that you are considering. There are a bunch of crazy coaches out there and a couple of good ones. Look at the ones that yell and it will help you make a decision

ConfusedParent
There are no openings on any squared away teams at this point in the process. If a team is still looking for players they have a serious problem by now. Get your kid into a quality town program and then shoot for an alternate.

ConfusedParent
Which year is your son and what area are you living? I know you say EHF but unless you are ok driving a couple hours you really want to make the best of what EHF teams are somewhat local to you. It's too late for this coming season since all tryouts have ended. If there are still spots open on any team it's likely a lower level team or a coach that nobody like to play for so beware of those opportunities. I would start by looking at the rankings and from there pick the teams closest to you that have done well. Then do a bit of research on the coaches. Start by contacting them to express your interest.

I agree with the logic in this message!! It's cool that somebody took the time to give a constructive response instead of being funny or starting their own agenda as an answer. I definitely agree that it should mostly come down to how long you are willing to spend in the car and finding a good coach within and organization even if said organization isn't at the top of the rankings list. More than likely too late for this year but great advice for 20/21 season. Good luck!!