Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Advantage up to same sh&t

The 2010 Boston Advantage Select team played at New England Sport Center at 7:35 PM on Sat 1/18. The weather conditions were terrible and caused a few of the players to be late. All the players for BA and those running late, both girls and boys, are on their USA hockey roster with birth dates and name. If you would like to get a copy from the tournament director of the 2020 Memorial Cup. Once received you can watch the game recorded on LiveBarn and match the jersey numbers to the USA Roster and you will discover it a 100% match. You will also discover their are 4 girls on that roster and their was 4 girls on that ice last night versus Yale Bulldogs. The game end in a 5-5 tie!

Honest Abe
The 2010 Boston Advantage Select team played at New England Sport Center at 7:35 PM on Sat 1/18. The weather conditions were terrible and caused a few of the players to be late. All the players for BA and those running late, both girls and boys, are on their USA hockey roster with birth dates and name. If you would like to get a copy from the tournament director of the 2020 Memorial Cup. Once received you can watch the game recorded on LiveBarn and match the jersey numbers to the USA Roster and you will discover it a 100% match. You will also discover their are 4 girls on that roster and their was 4 girls on that ice last night versus Yale Bulldogs. The game end in a 5-5 tie!
Time to end this dumb thread...nothing but stupidity...:unamused:

I love the losers that are mad about rankings for 10 year olds. Kids play for fun, parents care about online rankings.

Lovell derangement syndrome

My annual post defending BA and their rosters -

Older son played BA for years and the whole thing is pretty funny. Let me tell you, more than winning tournaments it was about filling-out line-ups which were often thin due to vacation (holiday weekend), illness (flu is going around), poor communication / team management (known for that) and things like this. So A) it's about filling-out rosters in need.

Next, my experience has been sometimes it's a matter of letting kids try different teams and different levels of play to see if the can handle it or if the they have improved to move up - you know, a gauge to their development and helping them move along. So B) it's for the player.

The last thing in my experience has been the organization being hell bent on winning a 10 year old's fairly meaningless hockey tournament. We have been part of other organizations who have verbalized to the kids and families that the only goal for tournaments is to make it to the finals and everyone was expected to do everything to get there. BA never mentioned tournament results or expectations.

These have been my experiences and I still find it hard to believe people think that an organization who is placing kids on top Jr. teams and moving kids on to D-1 and D-3 college teams and working with NHL players is worried about a 10 year olds tournament enough to cheat.