Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Girls Hockey Leagues

Anon
hello,
new to the area.
What are the top girls leagues around here?
I know the wizards and assabet have good programs- but what league do they play in?

thanks in advance.

Bill
NEGHL.

Assabet, Wizards, Eagles and Breakers, if you want a regular shot at going to nationals and being invited to the top college recruiting tourney for girls.

Assabet used to be the power house but is not anymore. Wizards is probably now the dominating organization. But all four always contend for state titles and spots at Nationals.

nationals is not the top recruiting tourney for colleges, idiot. NEGHL is just a two team league every year at each age level. Someone needs to come up with a better format for development of players.

Nationals is most certainly a place College Coaches are at its also critical for USA exposure, so is NAHA, Stoney Creek, Wizards Xmas event and the Prep Tourneys like Harrington and Odden

hahaha... you have bought into that mentality. Exposure is a long process. Putting all your eggs into those very few events you mentioned and then sucking is a death sentence. Same reason a team moves up in MHR after a weekend off.

CG... look out! Your teams are at the bottom looking up. You might be out in the reshuffle!

Then I suggest your daughter not suck in these events when her time comes

College Coaches are involved with their season during NEGHL regular season and the only ones watching are prep coaches

The events I listed is where I have seen the most D 1 Coaches attend but by sounds like you know best good luck!:joy:

anon
nationals is not the top recruiting tourney for colleges, idiot. NEGHL is just a two team league every year at each age level. Someone needs to come up with a better format for development of players.
How about you read what I wrote and try to comprehend. Nationals and the top recruiting tourneys. Such as NAHA and the Stoney Creek tourney. And the Wizards tourney. But I am glad I am the idiot with the reading comprehension disability.

Nationals has been dead in boys hockey ever since they eliminated U12 nationals. It will be dead for girls in less than 5 years as well. It was just an important thing to do to since that was all Assabet talked about. Its not really a great tourney at all any longer and there are no recruiters going to nationals.

Back to the original question about girls leagues for someone outside the area. NEGHL has been the only girls league in town for ever. The top teams in the NEGHL also play against boys teams outside the league.

The E9 girls league is in year one and also plays against boys teams for most of their schedule. In my opinion the NEGHL is way to big and watered down so you end up wasting 5-10 games traveling for a non-competitive game. If E9 stays small and elite they will CRUSH it. They are already high end with one team in the top 10 MHR in the first year.

First USA Hockey runs nationals at 14 16 and 19 for girls not assabet

Second every major D1 coach in the US is there,

You are clueless