email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Q

Anon
I'm up here now. I don't care what teams are here its going to be an awesome experience.
Have fun in Springfield or Rhode Island this weekend. You jealous loser!!
You're on the D board instead of enjoying your awesome experience. Now go hit the beach and the pool bar in Quebec.

Flames
Good luck to the IHC and JR eagles at the Q. To bad our team sucks and couldn’t compete with the eagles ... good luck boys
Did we ever get a reason why ba isn’t there this year? Word is rg submarined them from going, somehow.

that does not make sense , IHC would pound BA

anon
that does not make sense , IHC would pound BA
Thanks but doesn’t answer my question. And because of this scheming, we won’t know who beats who, just let them play!

Anony
Flames
Good luck to the IHC and JR eagles at the Q. To bad our team sucks and couldn’t compete with the eagles ... good luck boys
Did we ever get a reason why ba isn’t there this year? Word is rg submarined them from going, somehow.
the rumor i heard was that TL promised to have a very important ex-hockey player attend the tourney to increase its value by his mere name for association, and that individual did not show up in QC as promised....so the Q told TL to enjoy his 100K car the hotties of hingham finance, and to stay home...

Internal fight among regions (Orgs.) keeps Toronto out of tournament. Call it what you want, if you compare to a super series you have never been. I for one thought the whole week was great for the kids and it is way beyond hockey. Unlike most on this board my son likely never plays in the NHL but the Q he will never forget.

AON
Internal fight among regions (Orgs.) keeps Toronto out of tournament. Call it what you want, if you compare to a super series you have never been. I for one thought the whole week was great for the kids and it is way beyond hockey. Unlike most on this board my son likely never plays in the NHL but the Q he will never forget.
Great response. Enjoy the time with your son and his team.
Good luck in the games too.

The Q lost is allure when they started allowing teams to purchase bids rather than to earn them and get an invitation. Now its just a New England Invitational with a few other teams sprinkled in. No good Canadian teams really do it because its just a money maker tournament now.

anon
The Q lost is allure when they started allowing teams to purchase bids rather than to earn them and get an invitation. Now its just a New England Invitational with a few other teams sprinkled in. No good Canadian teams really do it because its just a money maker tournament now.
Too bad you have to crap on a tournament because your kid is a bad hockey player and can't make a top team.
If your spawn had talent and you had the funds, you would be in QC with everyone else instead of trying to spread garbage about a tournament.

If your kids not going to the Q its time to hang up the skates. All the Q kids make the NHL

Anon
If your kids not going to the Q its time to hang up the skates. All the Q kids make the NHL
I played in the Q, no one from my team made the NHL. Some didn’t make it beyond Bantams. But this was in 1985 so things have changed.

My money is on team Minnesota. Its best vs best right?

AON
Someone earlier referenced how the Q started banning some Toronto teams a few years ago? Why did they do that?

Do any of the top teams from New England ever get a chance to play the top GTHL teams?

Also, Minnesota seems to do a great job of raising hockey talent. Are they all basically public (town/school) based so they don't have teams that play in these "elite" tournaments?

Toronto teams are not banned, the GTHL playoffs are starting and they do not attend due to that reason.

My info is second hand but I do a lot of business in Toronto. Some guys I trust and have been in hockey a long time imply there was a conflict among the organizations and greater Toronto no longer welcome. Has been a long while best I can tell..... prob like the EHF and E9 not playing each other, makes no sense for the kids but the business side overrules.

AON
My info is second hand but I do a lot of business in Toronto. Some guys I trust and have been in hockey a long time imply there was a conflict among the organizations and greater Toronto no longer welcome. Has been a long while best I can tell..... prob like the EHF and E9 not playing each other, makes no sense for the kids but the business side overrules.
Fact: several foreign programs are banned due to cheating in past years. Would come with older kids just to win. Team Russia 05 team cheated and got caught with 04 kids playing.

Toronto teams don't go due to conflicts with the Q leadership. It's a board decision and Toronto refuses to buy their way in.