Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Q/February Vacation

I'd start slow and explain the dif between temp in C and F.... then point out that if your kid is on a team that qualifies for the Q, you are going, if not your kid is going with another family, make no mistake about that..... If you kid is not on one of those teams act like you think the whole thing is nuts and pretend like you would never do such a thing.

Mom Coffee Talk
My wife had coffee yesterday in mixed company (some non hockey moms). Most of our kids are 09s. Of course, the girls talked about plans for next week. One of the moms mentioned her friend was going to The Q. The non hockey moms had never heard of it. Conversation developed and details of cost, missing school, and impact on other siblings were discussed.

One mom mentioned they are going to Florida next week with the whole family. Doing Disney, hanging out at the resort, dining, playing some golf and simply enjoy some sunshine. I guess another is headed to North Conway with the whole family and going skiing. Another mom said they are staying home next week because they want to take their whole family to Italy next summer and expose their children to the history and culture.

While the conversation went on, a mom checked the weather in Quebec and her phone read -26 degrees!!!

That's when they all said, "Ya F-That! I'm not spending our money to hang out in an igloo!"

The end result was a bunch of complaining about spending money for ANOTHER hockey tournament.

IDK.....just hoping my wife keeps the dream going for our Johnny Bender.
Hate to break it to you...but we are doing the Q and Italy in the summer...sorry your life didn't turn out so great...

I would send my 06 Islanders son to Siberia , even if they were only handing out participation trophies !!!!
The original posters duster probably plays non contact sports like golf and baseball ! 😂😂😂

Q yes , Italy is a waste of money ! And yes we did both

I agree with the original poster. I'm sure half the parents at the Q threw this trip on their already maxed out hockey credit card at 17.99% APR. The plan is to spend all the college money now on these "experiences" because all the kids are getting D1 scholarships. If they don't, student loan debt is something they'll just have to live with. Oh well....at least they made memories in -26F

May as well spend all the college money now...none of these kids can spell college. They all need extra skills three times a week so they can be a beer league All-Star

Glad my benders 07 team didn't qualify. Off to Florida for golf sunshine and water parks. Enjoy the games!

Anon
Glad my benders 07 team didn\'t qualify. Off to Florida for golf sunshine and water parks. Enjoy the games!
BHL teams didn't have a shot to begin with BAHAHAHAHHA

Q is the best tourney out there !!! Sorry your team is not good!

Annu
Q is the best tourney out there !!! Sorry your team is not good!
His kid will play in 2 official tournament games and its back on the bus. Puck on the stick for less than 2 minutes. Best tourney!! haha

BJE players All got $1500 spending money from fundraising. So keep being jealous. You loser!

Terrible post. Your wife probably bangs the coach