Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NED futures camp

RI Hockey is in cahoots w RI private Hockey organizations , it’s in their best interests to have as many orgs represented as possible. That’s the reality. Unfortunately word of mouth would get you a better team than this did. Better yet, a couple live barn games would be better. Or a letter from the coaches in addition to a tryout. Remember, Wes Walker, Julien Edelman, and Tom Brady all sucked at the combine. However RG3 and Ryan Leaf and Antonio Brown were standouts. I’ll have a good time there yes, but I know of a few that won’t be and my son is no where near as good as them. It’s kind of embarrassing, but fk it.

Who actually cares? Is it political, Yes! It's hockey, and RI hockey to boot. Look at the history of past players who made it from RI, and where they are now. All end up done after 4 years of HS just like all these kids will. But, it is funny watching all the Dads up there who think their kids are going somewhere because they are Elite. Using the Saints 08, they are in BHL American.. Elite players, I think not. Enjoy the ride, it will be over soon. Kids are lucky the state is small because none would have made the team in Mass. Not being rude, just stating facts

Good couple of posts. I don’t typically feel bad for coaches but wait until Fed Elite coaches get all these Tier 1 hacks waiving there invites at the coaches expecting to play elite. All 08 except the elite kids from SSK and PHC, were laughed out of the tryouts. All of a sudden there being showcased. Sounds like the Saints are trying to revive their organization. Look out PHC. Double runners taking over FED elite. For those who don’t know double runners are double blades.

These types of tryouts are inadvertently designed for the selfish brat puck hogs who typically only put in effort at a tryout. Daddy tells them worry about nothing other than getting noticed. Score, score, score Jonny that way their they won’t notice your pee brain. It will catch up to them.

Anon
Good couple of posts. I don’t typically feel bad for coaches but wait until Fed Elite coaches get all these Tier 1 hacks waiving there invites at the coaches expecting to play elite. All 08 except the elite kids from SSK and PHC, were laughed out of the tryouts. All of a sudden there being showcased. Sounds like the Saints are trying to revive their organization. Look out PHC. Double runners taking over FED elite. For those who don’t know double runners are double blades.
Yup, 5-6 actual elite players plus the two goalies. The rest are Tier 1 dusters especially the defensive bunch. They'll get weeded out in the next couple years, but at the end of the day, they're only 11/12 so it's just a fun family weekend in VT with a little hockey going on as well.

Saints wouldnt even crack the top 3 in tier 1 black....couple of decent kids, the rest are state league middle of the road

08 Saints will test the FED waters this weekend with games vs PHC North & Springfield TBirds and possibly PHC South if there is a matchup in the playoff round. We will see if they have the talent to keep up with the Fed teams....stay tuned...

Anon
Check your facts. 3 ‘06 PHC elites left off roster.
Not sure 06 PHC elites should even have 3 players get invited.

Says the father of a Tier1 silver player!!! Tool bag

Sounds to me you were duped in to thinking we finally had legit RI teams. Classic, pulled the rug right out from underneath you. Save your money and shoot some pucks outside and do a couple laps around the hood on your roller blades. Do you really thing a skills session up in Burlington is the holy grail at this point. Convince yourself it’s a good time with the wife and kids. Because we all just love hanging around in hotels at these tourneys. Dumb Americans. I’m sure your wife and other kids will just love getting dragged to rink at the end of March as the season winds down flowers start blooming and grass gets green. Get up there and enjoy the experience, ahhh the memories. Oh wait USA hockey coaches, I’m wrong get on up there. They are the best at setting up cones and blowing whistles. The reason they’re doing that is because they waisted there life on hockey and can’t get real jobs. Think about. Spend the time at home enjoying other things for a change. You know I’m right. Come on , you gotta do better than “fun family weekend” just admit who want to be part of the crowd and you fear if your not there your kids life has been a failure. I was in that boat once, fell for all the catch phrases “select”, “invite”, “showcase”. Have they sent you the link to the store yet? Those same ladies will be there selling there personalized garbage, cups, shirts, hats step right up. You know I’m right. Just like you know it ist fun family weekend.

Yikes. Horrible penmanship, rough around the edges, but brutally honest.

NED futures camp
Says the father of a Tier1 silver player!!! Tool bag
Ummmm nope. Just watched them play and only an opinion. Sorry you thought your kid was special but there is a ton of kids just like him and better.

Never said there wasn’t a better 06 out there, just don’t appreciate a guy who still lives in his mothers basement taking shots at 13 and 14 year old kids!!!

NED futures camp
Never said there wasn’t a better 06 out there, just don’t appreciate a guy who still lives in his mothers basement taking shots at 13 and 14 year old kids!!!
The ole "mothers basement" comeback. Original! Wasn't a shot at poor little Johnny just an observation. Just to be clear it was a shot at your over blown EGO drunk from the koolaid.

You exhaust me.... I’m sure their are some 2011’s you can tear apart. Have a good night Tool Bag!

anon
Anon
Check your facts. 3 ‘06 PHC elites left off roster.
Not sure 06 PHC elites should even have 3 players get invited.
My son was an 08, so I wasn’t watching the 06 kids. For the 08s, the top 5-6 kids stood out pretty clearly.

Were you able to use your super powers to assess players 6-15 amongst the roughly 40 out there, and how did you know know the numbers each kid had on.....

most of them were politically appointed. All about connections....

potus
most of them were politically appointed. All about connections....
Wow you figured it out....senator Whitehouse put in a good word for my son..that’s why he made it 🤣🤣🤣

Anon
Were you able to use your super powers to assess players 6-15 amongst the roughly 40 out there, and how did you know know the numbers each kid had on.....
You don’t need superpowers to see 5 kids that can skate circles around everybody else. Pretty obvious within about 10 minutes. Have a nice night 😀

Only five kids made the team, hold on, am I on the wrong board. Is this the basketball one. Dammit. I’d rather annoy you all night. It’s so easy.

only 5 skaters and 3 of the goalies were worth anything

Is this the same thing they did for Mass hockey?

anon
Get ready for some Instagram posts!
Have you ever noticed that the real talented players parents don’t post on fb and Instagram? Some of the players that were chosen from CT are not the best players, but their parents are all over social media looking ridiculous.

CT
anon
Get ready for some Instagram posts!
Have you ever noticed that the real talented players parents don’t post on fb and Instagram? Some of the players that were chosen from CT are not the best players, but their parents are all over social media looking ridiculous.
I have no dog in this fight, but how would you even know if the "talented" kids parents are posting or not??

Anon
RI list is out. Congrats to all the kids who made it. I would have to agree that 150 is a reasonable amount. There are organizations out there charging 3x that amount for the exact same thing that the NED is putting on. Last year was a great event and it helped in part to motivate my kid to continue to improve his game. Keep in mind that the future's camp, while a nice event doesn't mean much in the grand scale of things. The real camp isn't until the select 15's. Hopefully all the kids will continue to push each other and strive to be the best they can be. I've seen a lot of improvement from kids who are not on this list so the time is fast approaching where everything is starting to even out and kids are catching up.
can you provide link to list of RI

can't seem to find it anywhere on web

anon
Anon
RI list is out. Congrats to all the kids who made it. I would have to agree that 150 is a reasonable amount. There are organizations out there charging 3x that amount for the exact same thing that the NED is putting on. Last year was a great event and it helped in part to motivate my kid to continue to improve his game. Keep in mind that the future\'s camp, while a nice event doesn\'t mean much in the grand scale of things. The real camp isn\'t until the select 15\'s. Hopefully all the kids will continue to push each other and strive to be the best they can be. I\'ve seen a lot of improvement from kids who are not on this list so the time is fast approaching where everything is starting to even out and kids are catching up.
can you provide link to list of RI

can't seem to find it anywhere on web
The list is on the Rhode island hockey Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter page

It is and has always been a very opaque process.

There's hockey in RI and CT?

Agree with you... although your comment was meant to be funny, RI hockey is a joke! 1-2 top solid players per birth year, period! The $, BS, back stabbing and politics is WAY more than you’ll find in Mass.... must be due to the strong Mafia RI roots because that’s what RI hockey is... a mafia scheme (insert any Godfather quotes here)

The 07 RI list is a joke