The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) models (Organizations with tryouts should read)

Jim M
Rounding estimates. Still will surpass a number that was mocked just 6 days ago. The message should be the same. Distance and practice sound hand hygiene. It will slow but not for awhile. The 579 cases today were infected 10-14 days ago
Wow, you have a real issue with admitting you're wrong, don't you?

Yeah, I round up by 20% all the time.

Bet your wife rounds up by even more than that when she talks with her girlfriends.

Oh and the incubation period is 2 to 14 days, not 10 - 14 days, with a median of 5.5 days, according to one study. To help you out, "median" is a point of central tendency. It means the incubation period was shorter than 5.5 days in as many cases as it was longer than 5.5 days.

You're such a frigging ******* troll. Seriously. Keyboard warrior trying so hard to focus on the micro missing the macro. Not sure where you've been along this now almost two weeks long discussion but the macro is correct. Those of you dismissing this or saying the predictions were nothing but an over reaction - WRONG. Day 1 I followed the CDC predictive model. Nuance changes and fluctuations will always occur but the bottom line is unchanged. 15,000 cases in MA by tax day with 1-3% fatalities. ICUs are beginning to be overrun. Do you even know a medical professional? Ask them. Good god, you're such a ***** who will surely get the beat down he deserves. I have zero issue admitting being wrong. Look back to the beginning of this thread and see wherever you posted. This is a train. Not slowing. I'll check out now and hop back by the 15th. I hope *******s like you take the medical and scientific advice seriously. I would hate to waste my healthcare resources or time if you were my patient. Others who made the effort to protect themselves and not minimize this deserve and will receive my care. ****** Oh, and I've quarantined myself from my wife and three children because of the risk seeing patients all day long and fear of infecting them. Leave them out of this. *****

anon
ToldUso
3/1 = 0
3/4 = 1
3/6 = 7
3/7 = 13
3/8 = 30
3/10 = 92
3/15 = 164
3/16 = 197
3/18 = 256
3/19 = 328
3/21 = 525 (1 Death)
3/22 = 646 (5 Deaths)

Keep taking your kids to skills and 3v3, you dolts. When grandpa croaks don’t act like you don’t know how or why it happened. The numbers are bearing-out exactly how they forecasted. Your insistence on continuing to buy ice, schedule play dates, and have sleep overs was always caked-into the math problem, along with other’s insistence to continue as normal with no adjustments in behavior. Your stupidity was always inevitable prophecy.

Now buckle in and put grandma in the basement with the canned goods because we’re getting closer to the part where exponential starts feeling like a runaway freight train.
You're an idiot and sound just as bad as the other toolbags on this board that post about EHF > E9 bs. The numbers aren't growing exponentially they are slowing down. We will not hit anywhere close to 15k by Tax Day here in MA. In fact MA is doing very good comparatively with only NY and now NJ driving the number of infections in the US. Washington State has slowed down as well with no new infections in the last couple of days. Just because you saw Contagion 3 times on Netflix this week doesn't mean you know jack about it.
This didn't age well.

Here we are - tax day. Thank you to everyone taking this seriously. Every bit helps. As much as this isolation is hurting our economy and the cancellation of all activities is impacting our kids, it's necessary.

A month ago I predicted 15,000 cases and 200 deaths by today. I was ripped apart by a few here. I was wrong. 30,000 cases and 1,000 deaths. Sad. Those of you arguing from day 1 and denying the science, I hope you and your loved ones are safe. I have three relatives in the hospital today with Covid-19 and a friend's brother who passed away. This is real. Stay safe and stop thinking you are an expert on something because of your political position or a meme you saw. Science doesn't live on opinion.

Hockey will be waiting for our benders when this ends. Support them.

Jim
anon
ToldUso
3/1 = 0
3/4 = 1
3/6 = 7
3/7 = 13
3/8 = 30
3/10 = 92
3/15 = 164
3/16 = 197
3/18 = 256
3/19 = 328
3/21 = 525 (1 Death)
3/22 = 646 (5 Deaths)

Keep taking your kids to skills and 3v3, you dolts. When grandpa croaks don’t act like you don’t know how or why it happened. The numbers are bearing-out exactly how they forecasted. Your insistence on continuing to buy ice, schedule play dates, and have sleep overs was always caked-into the math problem, along with other’s insistence to continue as normal with no adjustments in behavior. Your stupidity was always inevitable prophecy.

Now buckle in and put grandma in the basement with the canned goods because we’re getting closer to the part where exponential starts feeling like a runaway freight train.
You\'re an idiot and sound just as bad as the other toolbags on this board that post about EHF > E9 bs. The numbers aren\'t growing exponentially they are slowing down. We will not hit anywhere close to 15k by Tax Day here in MA. In fact MA is doing very good comparatively with only NY and now NJ driving the number of infections in the US. Washington State has slowed down as well with no new infections in the last couple of days. Just because you saw Contagion 3 times on Netflix this week doesn\'t mean you know jack about it.
This didn't age well.

Here we are - tax day. Thank you to everyone taking this seriously. Every bit helps. As much as this isolation is hurting our economy and the cancellation of all activities is impacting our kids, it's necessary.

A month ago I predicted 15,000 cases and 200 deaths by today. I was ripped apart by a few here. I was wrong. 30,000 cases and 1,000 deaths. Sad. Those of you arguing from day 1 and denying the science, I hope you and your loved ones are safe. I have three relatives in the hospital today with Covid-19 and a friend's brother who passed away. This is real. Stay safe and stop thinking you are an expert on something because of your political position or a meme you saw. Science doesn't live on opinion.

The expert predictions on the "science" have been masively wrong and science does live on opinion. Line up 10 docs and you'll get different opinions on the "science".

What won't be debatable is that if the lockdown continues, the economic devestation and human costs will be far in excess of the virus. We don't mitigate 100% of risk out of any other aspect of our lives and shoudldn't do it here. Yes we mitigate and isolate those at most risk while treatments are developed but to act like this stay at home is just inconvenient is disgusting. Glad your livlihood is not at risk so you can lecture others on what sacrifice they should be grateful for making.

My “livelihood not as risk”? How was your Easter? I spent a good amount of time in full droplet precaution PPE with an 83yo Covid-19 positive patient with cognitive issues who is frightened and can’t talk with her family. You’re an a$$hole. How about my life at risk? Eff off

Jim
My “livelihood not as risk”? How was your Easter? I spent a good amount of time in full droplet precaution PPE with an 83yo Covid-19 positive patient with cognitive issues who is frightened and can’t talk with her family. You’re an a$$hole. How about my life at risk? Eff off

Sorry Jim but everyone knows someone wearing scrubs and wearing PPE every day. Those people are pro's. I have two in the immediate family. You know what? They are not pee'ing down their leg like most pretenders like you hyping up the hysteria. They gown up, observe protocol and do their job.

The disease is serious but not as serious as the response.

Jim

So get a new job then pal and stop your ********* Plenty of cops, firefighters, linemen, etc put their lives on the line every shift. You don't hear them ******** about it. Not to mention all your fellow healthcare workers.

When the 'stay at home' advisory was issued the stated purpose was for a two week 'quarantine' then we can ramp back up. Three weeks later and MORE restrictions are being instituted.

Jim

That’s the whole point. She is 83. So far this year 150 young children have died from the flu and zero from the Coronavirus. For most people the Coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms or even no symptoms at all. Almost every Coronavirus death has been to the elderly or to individuals with serious pre-existing conditions. For this reason my family does not visit my, or my wife’s, parents. My parents haven’t left their house in over 4 weeks.

So protect the elderly, as we do with all other diseases, and open businesses so people can make a living and open the schools so kids can get back to properly learning, socializing, playing sports, going to dances and proms, and graduating. As a result of the media and other's hysteria, there are way too many young kids out there panicking and thinking they are going to die from this.

Massachusetts’s population is 7 million. 1,108 Mass. Coronavirus deaths. In other words 0.016 % of the Mass. Population has died from the virus and yet the entire state is shutdown. And according to Mayor W. & Governor B. it’s totally irresponsible & reckless to even be discussing when we can even begin to open the state’s economy & schools.

I'll tell my wife's best friend that she doesn't have to mourn her 50 year old brother who died this week because you said everything is ok. Did you see the hockey coach who died? Looked pretty fit to me

Jim
I'll tell my wife's best friend that she doesn't have to mourn her 50 year old brother who died this week because you said everything is ok. Did you see the hockey coach who died? Looked pretty fit to me
Dude please... just stop. No one believes you.

anon
Jim
I\'ll tell my wife\'s best friend that she doesn\'t have to mourn her 50 year old brother who died this week because you said everything is ok. Did you see the hockey coach who died? Looked pretty fit to me
Dude please... just stop. No one believes you.
I believe him.....and I think the rest of you are absolute morons

It is very sad & unfortunate that people have died from the virus. But we should not shutdown the entire country of 327 million people. Since the virus hit the U.S. (1/19/20) approx. 670,000 American have died with about 33,000 having died “with” the virus. In just the past 3 weeks 22 million Americans have lost their jobs, not counting the 54% of small businesses that have closed or will close in the next couple of weeks. In Mass. there have been 1,108 “with” Coronavirus deaths or 0.016 % of the 7 million people living in Mass. and yet the entire state is shutdown. We just cannot protect everyone from everything. We all face risks everyday of our lives. Protect the vulnerable & open the country for everyone else. "The sky is falling" mentality is not only destroying our economy, it is also destroying our society & country. Sorry but the cure is worse than the disease.

Anon.
It is very sad & unfortunate that people have died from the virus. But we should not shutdown the entire country of 327 million people. Since the virus hit the U.S. (1/19/20) approx. 670,000 American have died with about 33,000 having died “with” the virus. In just the past 3 weeks 22 million Americans have lost their jobs, not counting the 54% of small businesses that have closed or will close in the next couple of weeks. In Mass. there have been 1,108 “with” Coronavirus deaths or 0.016 % of the 7 million people living in Mass. and yet the entire state is shutdown. We just cannot protect everyone from everything. We all face risks everyday of our lives. Protect the vulnerable & open the country for everyone else. "The sky is falling" mentality is not only destroying our economy, it is also destroying our society & country. Sorry but the cure is worse than the disease.
You seem to be working under the assumption that it is not going to get worse if we reopen to business as usual or would have not closed Mass down. I totally admit that these decisions have wide reaching implications but just to use current numbers and say “see it isn’t that bad” is dangerously simplifying things

Over 810,000 hospitalization in 2018 from the flu. We are willing to accept upwards of 50,000 or more deaths each year from the flu. So at what point do we start living again? Do we have to wait until there are zero deaths from this virus? Or do we need to wait another 12-18 months until there is a vaccine? Many of my son’s friends are actually afraid to leave their house. I was talking at the grocery store to a mother that told me her 12 year old daughter was too afraid to get out of the car to go shopping with her. Do we really want our kids to live like this?

Anon.
Over 810,000 hospitalization in 2018 from the flu. We are willing to accept upwards of 50,000 or more deaths each year from the flu. So at what point do we start living again? Do we have to wait until there are zero deaths from this virus? Or do we need to wait another 12-18 months until there is a vaccine? Many of my son’s friends are actually afraid to leave their house. I was talking at the grocery store to a mother that told me her 12 year old daughter was too afraid to get out of the car to go shopping with her. Do we really want our kids to live like this?
This comparing the virus to the flu is the absolute dumbest argument. I can’t believe people still do that.

You can’t believe it because it doesn’t fit your liberal diatribe. Why are coronavirus deaths more important to you than 50,000 - 80,000 flu deaths? An American death is an American death. Why is one type of death worth destroying the country over and the other isn’t? Sounds like you and all your liberal friends have an ulterior motive.

The people on here that are arguing with the guy who has the guts to use his name are representative of the failure of the U.S. education system.

Interesting how you never actually answer anything that doesn’t fit your liberal agenda. Typical lib. So Mr. Highly Educated Genius, can you answer this? At what point do we start living again? Do we have to wait until there are zero deaths from this virus? Or do we need to wait another 12-18 months until there is a vaccine? Use your exceptional intellectual ability & tell us at what point we can all leave our houses & live again.

Anon.
Interesting how you never actually answer anything that doesn’t fit your liberal agenda. Typical lib. So Mr. Highly Educated Genius, can you answer this? At what point do we start living again? Do we have to wait until there are zero deaths from this virus? Or do we need to wait another 12-18 months until there is a vaccine? Use your exceptional intellectual ability & tell us at what point we can all leave our houses & live again.
Come back once you interested to have a discussion and not just throw your weak ass insults around. Nothing I say will change your mind because in your mind I am a liberal and therefore anything I say you will dismiss outright. Have fun living in your ideological political bubble.

Total flu deaths in the US were about 35,000 in 2018-19. Not 60,000. We are closing in on 30,000 COVID-19 deaths already, WITH the drastic measures that are being undertaken to minimize it. Deaths, sadly, will go much much higher. Do you have any idea what things would look like with no intervention? Forget about conservative/liberal labels. Either you are the dumbest person around, or you are pushing a specific political agenda designed to maximize harm to this country. Which is it?

Anon.
You can’t believe it because it doesn’t fit your liberal diatribe. Why are coronavirus deaths more important to you than 50,000 - 80,000 flu deaths? An American death is an American death. Why is one type of death worth destroying the country over and the other isn’t? Sounds like you and all your liberal friends have an ulterior motive.
Who said deaths are more or less important? Not me. Last year flu deaths were 34000 - does that sound familiar? It is the same number of deaths that we have for the virus and we are not done yet. the year before about it was about 60000 but that was an outlier year. But that’s beside the point. The flu is a seasonal virus and we have vaccines. Corona is neither seasonal nor do we have a vaccine. So if you let it rampart you gonna have more than 34000 deaths that we have now.

I said multiple times that the question to reopen is a difficult one that I wouldn’t wanna make. Unlike you I don’t try to insult everyone that doesn’t agree with me as a right wing deplorable trump supporter. But whatever works for you man..,,

anon
Anon.
Who said deaths are more or less important? Not me. Last year flu deaths were 34000 - does that sound familiar? It is the same number of deaths that we have for the virus and we are not done yet. the year before about it was about 60000 but that was an outlier year. But that’s beside the point. The flu is a seasonal virus and we have vaccines. Corona is neither seasonal nor do we have a vaccine. So if you let it rampart you gonna have more than 34000 deaths that we have now.

I said multiple times that the question to reopen is a difficult one that I wouldn’t wanna make. Unlike you I don’t try to insult everyone that doesn’t agree with me as a right wing deplorable trump supporter. But whatever works for you man..,,
Really, you “don’t... insult everyone that doesn’t agree with [you.]” That's all you & your fellow libs do. Typical libs, they can dish it out but they can’t take it. They think anyone who disagrees with them is an uneducated moron. One of the problems with elitist know-it-alls is they lack any common sense. Let’s destroy the country to save the country. Great strategy!

Anon.
anon
Anon.

Really, you “don’t... insult everyone that doesn’t agree with [you.]” That's all you & your fellow libs do. Typical libs, they can dish it out but they can’t take it. They think anyone who disagrees with them is an uneducated moron. One of the problems with elitist know-it-alls is they lack any common sense. Let’s destroy the country to save the country. Great strategy!
Ok, so where is my insult in the above? Really interested in that.

My mistake. Your use of the term “right wing deplorable” seemed like a backhanded insult to me. If not, I apologize.

One of my kids is a HS Senior. His school just announced seniors will finish their school year with what they call “distance learning”. No graduation, no prom, no senior trip, no senior week, no spring sports, etc.

My son, like so many seniors across America, was so excited about his very last semester in school. He has been waiting 12 years for this time in his life. He has worked so hard for the past 12 years in anticipation of celebrating the end of this time in his life. In 12 years he has never received a grade less than an A and was inline to possibly be valedictorian. He was a member of the student council and worked hard on finding a venue, entertainment, etc for the prom. He was most likely going to be one of the captains on the baseball team. All this gone and he will never ever get this back. He may never play organized sports again. He will never ever be able to celebrate with his classmates. He will never get to say goodbye to his schoolmates, teachers, coaches, etc. This may sound silly, stupid and unimportant to you, but it’s not to my son and millions of other kids across this country. He will never admit it, but I can see the sadness in his eyes and hear it in his voice. My son is devastated and maybe even seriously depressed.

To add further insult to all of this, since the RMV is closed his, along with hundreds of other kid’s, driving test was also cancelled. Who knows when all these cancelled driving tests will be able to be done. There is also no guarantee colleges will open up in the Fall, so he, along with millions of other kids, may spend their college freshman year at home with on-line classes.

First they tell our children the planet is going to be destroyed in 10 years from “global warming”, I mean “climate change”. Now they tell our children if they go to school, play with their friends, or even leave their house without a facemask or surgical gloves on they may die, or worse kill their parents or grandparents. I’m afraid the psychological damage being done to the youth of America is tremendous and will last a lot longer than any short-term damage caused by this virus.

I’m sure some on this dboard will make fun of my post and not believe it. But it’s all true. Normally Americans come together in times of crises, but not this time. Personally, I would rather die in a living country than live in a dying country. To preserve what is left of my sanity I have decided to swear off this dboard. May you all be happy & safe. So go ahead, celebrate my departure and make fun of me & my kid if that is what makes you happy.

MGH antibody testing show as many as 1/3 have alread had exposure and didn't know it.

80% of Covid tests nationally (and in MA) are negative.

The fear is overblown. Isolate those at risk. Get back to work.

Patients who test negative are tested multiple times to confirm. Protocol for discharge is also two negative tests within 12 hours before discharge so even a Covid-19 positive patient may have two negative tests in addition to their positive test(s). It is NOT 80% of those tested are negative.

Hositalized patients tested multiple times are a tiny fraction of the total. Ok so it's 75%. 60% of MA hospital beds empty.

Anon.
My mistake. Your use of the term “right wing deplorable” seemed like a backhanded insult to me. If not, I apologize.

One of my kids is a HS Senior. His school just announced seniors will finish their school year with what they call “distance learning”. No graduation, no prom, no senior trip, no senior week, no spring sports, etc.

My son, like so many seniors across America, was so excited about his very last semester in school. He has been waiting 12 years for this time in his life. He has worked so hard for the past 12 years in anticipation of celebrating the end of this time in his life. In 12 years he has never received a grade less than an A and was inline to possibly be valedictorian. He was a member of the student council and worked hard on finding a venue, entertainment, etc for the prom. He was most likely going to be one of the captains on the baseball team. All this gone and he will never ever get this back. He may never play organized sports again. He will never ever be able to celebrate with his classmates. He will never get to say goodbye to his schoolmates, teachers, coaches, etc. This may sound silly, stupid and unimportant to you, but it’s not to my son and millions of other kids across this country. He will never admit it, but I can see the sadness in his eyes and hear it in his voice. My son is devastated and maybe even seriously depressed.

To add further insult to all of this, since the RMV is closed his, along with hundreds of other kid’s, driving test was also cancelled. Who knows when all these cancelled driving tests will be able to be done. There is also no guarantee colleges will open up in the Fall, so he, along with millions of other kids, may spend their college freshman year at home with on-line classes.

First they tell our children the planet is going to be destroyed in 10 years from “global warming”, I mean “climate change”. Now they tell our children if they go to school, play with their friends, or even leave their house without a facemask or surgical gloves on they may die, or worse kill their parents or grandparents. I’m afraid the psychological damage being done to the youth of America is tremendous and will last a lot longer than any short-term damage caused by this virus.

I’m sure some on this dboard will make fun of my post and not believe it. But it’s all true. Normally Americans come together in times of crises, but not this time. Personally, I would rather die in a living country than live in a dying country. To preserve what is left of my sanity I have decided to swear off this dboard. May you all be happy & safe. So go ahead, celebrate my departure and make fun of me & my kid if that is what makes you happy.
Listen, I hear you. This sucks especially for seniors. My junior was literally in the car for a recruitment visit when they called us and told us the campus was closing down. There is a fair amount of uncertainty out there, but I get the disappointment for all seniors that got, what I consider, the best time of girl life snatched away from them.

I have all the sympathy in the world for that. And I know what the economy implications are. But I disagree if you say this was over the top. I think this wa s the right response. I don’t know what the real answers is but think we need large scale testing available before we can reopen.

Yes this sucks.
I hope your son who was to be captain continues playing in college, even club. I also hope he gets his license, although wondering why he waited since mose get it junior year.

When this started I knew people who left school to play in tournaments, traveled 20 hours on a bus, stayed nights in hotels, only then to be forced to turn anround and go back home another 20 hours on the bus without playing. I feel I got off easy when I hear stories like that.

anon
Jim
anon
ToldUso
3/1 = 0
3/4 = 1
3/6 = 7
3/7 = 13
3/8 = 30
3/10 = 92
3/15 = 164
3/16 = 197
3/18 = 256
3/19 = 328
3/21 = 525 (1 Death)
3/22 = 646 (5 Deaths)

You\\\'re an idiot and sound just as bad as the other toolbags on this board that post about EHF > E9 bs. The numbers aren\\\'t growing exponentially they are slowing down. We will not hit anywhere close to 15k by Tax Day here in MA. In fact MA is doing very good comparatively with only NY and now NJ driving the number of infections in the US. Washington State has slowed down as well with no new infections in the last couple of days. Just because you saw Contagion 3 times on Netflix this week doesn\\\'t mean you know jack about it.
This didn\'t age well.

Here we are - tax day. Thank you to everyone taking this seriously. Every bit helps. As much as this isolation is hurting our economy and the cancellation of all activities is impacting our kids, it\'s necessary.

A month ago I predicted 15,000 cases and 200 deaths by today. I was ripped apart by a few here. I was wrong. 30,000 cases and 1,000 deaths. Sad. Those of you arguing from day 1 and denying the science, I hope you and your loved ones are safe. I have three relatives in the hospital today with Covid-19 and a friend\'s brother who passed away. This is real. Stay safe and stop thinking you are an expert on something because of your political position or a meme you saw. Science doesn\'t live on opinion.

The expert predictions on the "science" have been masively wrong and science does live on opinion. Line up 10 docs and you'll get different opinions on the "science".

What won't be debatable is that if the lockdown continues, the economic devestation and human costs will be far in excess of the virus. We don't mitigate 100% of risk out of any other aspect of our lives and shoudldn't do it here. Yes we mitigate and isolate those at most risk while treatments are developed but to act like this stay at home is just inconvenient is disgusting. Glad your livlihood is not at risk so you can lecture others on what sacrifice they should be grateful for making.
If you equate science with the models that have been updated as all this progressed, you might have an argument. But the science was never wrong, not in the fundamentals. And the overarching statement always was, if we do the right things now this whole thing might feel massively overblown. So the fact that you feel that this is overblown just means a lot of people have done he right thing. Fact is that we have 300000 deaths to date. Fact also is if you look normalized new deaths per day it seems we are hitting a downside curve. When you look at normalized new cases per day it doesn’t seem that MA has reached the peak yet.

The models itself have been adjusted as more data became available. That’s what you do when you analyze data. The high end figures were always on the presumption that we do nothing. So yes, your statement that numbers of projected fatalities have come down massively, you are right. But they came down because a lot of people took it seriously.

You are also right there is a trade off between economy and number of fatalities. But your longterm economic impacts might be more severe if you open up to soon. I am glad it is not my decision.

The ******* match that some people have on here is frankly embarrassing.

Anon.
Post said "Protect the elderly" not let them die. Typical lib revisionism. Post re-posted below for everyone's benefit.
I deleted my post, because you are factually correct. The first line still open to interpret me , but you were right....

The 2/3rd's thought out Fox News approach applies very well to those who want part of the picture. Those who wish and hope their agenda and interests are met. Turn that garbage off and sit back and think, read, listen to experts not entertainers who don't even believe the garbage flowing out of their own mouths. Now is not the time for limited thought and words from second rate entertainers. We can all do better than that. :v: