Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Phase 2

each phase is 3 weeks, games will resume around July 1st,

I do not see out of state tourneys happening. Each state wants the visiting out of state people to quarantine for 14 days before venturing out into that community. I am assuming there will be many instate tourneys against other organizations. Should be interesting

Read the fine print, phase 2, No earlier than June 8th. If We get a spike, it could be July 1 because of a push back of 3 weeks per phase or longer. Be cautious in your optimism.

No date set for phase 3, which would allow youth games and tournaments. They will eventually move these activities to phase 4. , which is when nightclubs, large group activities, entertainment venues, etc. Open, which is late fall.

Good news is, without a large spike in the younger age groups (10 to 60) between now and June 8th, skills, limited athletic activities could commence June 8th. Yahoo!

With a spike, wipe the blackboard clean!

Anon
Read the fine print, phase 2, No earlier than June 8th. If We get a spike, it could be July 1 because of a push back of 3 weeks per phase or longer. Be cautious in your optimism.

No date set for phase 3, which would allow youth games and tournaments. They will eventually move these activities to phase 4. , which is when nightclubs, large group activities, entertainment venues, etc. Open, which is late fall.

Good news is, without a large spike in the younger age groups (10 to 60) between now and June 8th, skills, limited athletic activities could commence June 8th. Yahoo!

Baker quote at Presser: hockey rinks to remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Dagnabbit

anon
Anon

Baker quote at Presser: hockey rinks to remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Dagnabbit
Baker is a MORON!!!

Anon
anon
Anon

Dagnabbit
Baker is a MORON!!!
On a more positive note...strip joints in RI open today :melon: :melon: :banana:

Anon
anon
Anon

Dagnabbit
Baker is a MORON!!!
What exactly is you push to open rinks in June?
For spring tourneys? Come on you want this for you, not your kid.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Dagnabbit
Baker is a MORON!!!
This conversation is impossible to have on the youth hockey board.

It isn’t about games. It’s about development.

anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Dagnabbit
Baker is a MORON!!!

Development for your 10 year old....?

anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Dagnabbit
Baker is a MORON!!!

Development my a.....
Its about coaches and parents wanting to have spring tourneys.
No development happens there.

anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Dagnabbit
Baker is a MORON!!!

Absolutely, if your kid loves the sport. Spring/summer is when you help him to become a better skater. Also a great time for him to go to a boarding camp and learn to be away from his helicopter parents. Being around other kids that want to learn and love the sport too can make a huge difference in how they approach it at 12-14.

Shame those helicopter parents know so little about actual parenting.

anon
anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Dagnabbit
Baker is a MORON!!!

Absolutely, if your kid loves the sport. Spring/summer is when you help him to become a better skater. Also a great time for him to go to a boarding camp and learn to be away from his helicopter parents. Being around other kids that want to learn and love the sport too can make a huge difference in how they approach it at 12-14.

Shame those helicopter parents know so little about actual parenting.
Not living vicariously through your kid, are you... :grinning:

anon
Anon

Dagnabbit
He didn't say that.... idiot

anon
anon
Anon

Dagnabbit
He didn't say that.... idiot
As a general rule I tend to not place much trust in a person that says things like “Dagnabbit.”

all you clowns remember to wear masks and adhere to proper social distance so my bender can play in November!

Arenas are phase 3 and games won't happen until phase 4. It doesn't look like phase 2 from what I am reading.

Each phase is 3-weeks with “The New Normal” being phase 4 which is full reopening/full resumption of all activities. New normal is at least 9-weeks from May 25 so end of July is the target goal.

Anon
Each phase is 3-weeks with “The New Normal” being phase 4 which is full reopening/full resumption of all activities. New normal is at least 9-weeks from May 25 so end of July is the target goal.
To be nit picky - it’s a minimum of 3 weeks. So if things go south and new case numbers go north, the period for each phase would be adjusted or you would go back to prior phase.

"At least 9-weeks from May 25..." Phase 2 indicates all athletic fields and courts/youth sports in limited fashion. Phase 3 indicates youth sports with games and tournaments (limited crowd sizes). All come with guidelines.

Anon
Arenas are phase 3 and games won't happen until phase 4. It doesn't look like phase 2 from what I am reading.
Sports fields and Courts are phase 2, so are community pools. All limited fashion, so it stands to assume that rinks are included in that.

Anon
It clearly states-
Phase 2 - Youth Sports in limited fashion
Phase 3 - Youth Sports with games and tournaments (limited crowd size)
Phase 4 - Large arenas like Fenway and the Garden.

You should actually read the Phase rules instead of making up stuff.
Here is the link to Mass/gov. about 2/3 down the page. Read the recreation section. Hockey is back on baby!

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-four-phase-approach

They’ll open just in time for the fall/winter spike of Covid and flu ....and we’ll be back where we started. God I hope not😣😣😣

"We will never make it". You must be a joy to be around.

Its been said before on this site...skills and skating around June 15...no games, no kids and coaches on the benches for phase 2. If this goes well, games, full locker rooms, etc. will be set for stage 3

Anon
They’ll open just in time for the fall/winter spike of Covid and flu ....and we’ll be back where we started. God I hope not😣😣😣
All this is, is each state competing with the other states on who has the best reopening plans. The Governors just want to out do each other and in the end be able to say, " my reopening plan was what worked best!" Nothing more than that.... Big waste of time and maybe the politicians should not be paid to see how they like it.

I love the "pump the brakes" crowd.

On June 8th rinks are going to look like Target on Black Friday at midnight. It will be a madhouse. Privates, skills, 3v3..... honestly, pandemonium. There is a swath of dads clutching a couple grand in unemployment checks literally waiting to throw it at someone in a Bauer jacket.

Let the insanity begin!

anon

On June 8th rinks are going to look like Target on Black Friday at midnight. It will be a madhouse. Privates, skills, 3v3..... honestly, pandemonium. There is a swath of dads clutching a couple grand in unemployment checks literally waiting to throw it at someone in a Bauer jacket.

Let the insanity begin!
Nice attempt at melodrama, but how so? Only so many sheets to be had. If you don’t have something booked, why would you rush to a rink?

anon

Let the insanity begin!
Hahahah so true. The price gouging is going to be insane as well.

anon
Anon
Arenas are phase 3 and games won\'t happen until phase 4. It doesn\'t look like phase 2 from what I am reading.
It clearly states-

Here is the link to Mass/gov. about 2/3 down the page. Read the recreation section. Hockey is back on baby!

I read them douche canoe and maybe you should. It states outdoor for phase 2. Rinks will be phase 3 but please continue on.

Anon
anon
Anon
Arenas are phase 3 and games won\\\\\\\'t happen until phase 4. It doesn\\\\\\\'t look like phase 2 from what I am reading.
It clearly states-

I read them douche canoe and maybe you should. It states outdoor for phase 2. Rinks will be phase 3 but please continue on.
So sorry brother that you got confused reading the outdoor & recreation section of the business opening rules, they are a bit confusing. But rinks most certainly will be opening in phase 2 for small group sessions. I’m in the know, in a close way. And the only canoe I ride in is your wife’s. Sorry your bender got cut from the reopening.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Arenas are phase 3 and games won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t happen until phase 4. It doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t look like phase 2 from what I am reading.
It clearly states-

So sorry brother that you got confused reading the outdoor & recreation section of the business opening rules, they are a bit confusing. But rinks most certainly will be opening in phase 2 for small group sessions. I’m in the know, in a close way. And the only canoe I ride in is your wife’s. Sorry your bender got cut from the reopening.
I door recreation Phase 3. https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-when-can-my-business-reopen#recreation-&-outdoors-

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Arenas are phase 3 and games won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t happen until phase 4. It doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t look like phase 2 from what I am reading.
It clearly states-

I door recreation Phase 3. https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-when-can-my-business-reopen#recreation-&-outdoors-
What's your point? That is the Reaction AND Outdoors section. You are reading it as Outdoor Recreation. It says Youth Sports start in phase 2.

No where does it say ice rinks open phase 3. Yes there is a bullet point that says Other Indoor "Recreation" (batting cages, go karts) phase 3

Youth Sports start phase 2, it clearly states that, all youth sports, but then again you're still confused.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Arenas are phase 3 and games won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t happen until phase 4. It doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t look like phase 2 from what I am reading.
It clearly states-

"I’m in the know, in a close way."

^^^^^
This guy us a turd, but so cool he is in the know. Cringey for sure.

You are confusing rinks opening in phase 2 with hockey starting is phase 3. Figure skating is phase 2.

This thread will be revisited in 3 weeks when everyone is "in the know".

Anon
You are confusing rinks opening in phase 2 with hockey starting is phase 3. Figure skating is phase 2.

You are confusing hockey training with hockey games. When open the rinks will rent the ice to whoever has their Che iBook our first and can follow the guidelines.

Anon

I love the desperate crowd who want so badly for the rinks and hockey to remain closed. Quite a reach going from Youth Sports Phase 2 to Figure Skating only Phase 2. Phase 2 - Hockey skills, 1 on 1 sessions, small groups. Phase 3 - games and tournaments, no crowds. We are "in the know", and we know your kid sucks.

anon
Anon

This thread will be revisited in 3 weeks when everyone is \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"in the know\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\".
I love the desperate crowd who want so badly for the rinks and hockey to remain closed. Quite a reach going from Youth Sports Phase 2 to Figure Skating only Phase 2. Phase 2 - Hockey skills, 1 on 1 sessions, small groups. Phase 3 - games and tournaments, no crowds. We are \\\\\\\"in the know\\\\\\\", and we know your kid sucks.
Thanks coach. Does my kid bring his own water bottle in Phase 3 or just Phase 2?

anon
Anon

This thread will be revisited in 3 weeks when everyone is \"in the know\".
I love the desperate crowd who want so badly for the rinks and hockey to remain closed. Quite a reach going from Youth Sports Phase 2 to Figure Skating only Phase 2. Phase 2 - Hockey skills, 1 on 1 sessions, small groups. Phase 3 - games and tournaments, no crowds. We are "in the know", and we know your kid sucks.
I find it interesting that the guidelines cover specific activities like zip-lining but are silent on hockey rinks.

And, can someone help me to understand why my wife can get her roots touched up but my kid can’t work with a strength trainer?

Anon
anon
Anon

This thread will be revisited in 3 weeks when everyone is \\\\\\\"in the know\\\\\\\".
I love the desperate crowd who want so badly for the rinks and hockey to remain closed. Quite a reach going from Youth Sports Phase 2 to Figure Skating only Phase 2. Phase 2 - Hockey skills, 1 on 1 sessions, small groups. Phase 3 - games and tournaments, no crowds. We are \\\"in the know\\\", and we know your kid sucks.
I find it interesting that the guidelines cover specific activities like zip-lining but are silent on hockey rinks.

And, can someone help me to understand why my wife can get her roots touched up but my kid can’t work with a strength trainer?
How dare you require further explanation of these arbitrary rules than “it’s based on the science”? When we the government say “science” that is all you need to know.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

This thread will be revisited in 3 weeks when everyone is \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"in the know\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\".
I love the desperate crowd who want so badly for the rinks and hockey to remain closed. Quite a reach going from Youth Sports Phase 2 to Figure Skating only Phase 2. Phase 2 - Hockey skills, 1 on 1 sessions, small groups. Phase 3 - games and tournaments, no crowds. We are \\\\\\\"in the know\\\\\\\", and we know your kid sucks.

How dare you require further explanation of these arbitrary rules than “it’s based on the science”? When we the government say “science” that is all you need to know.
If we knew back in March that this virus attacks mostly the older population 65 and older, do you think the Government should have shutdown everything? I don't think so. Isolate the vulnerable and let the rest of us go on.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

This thread will be revisited in 3 weeks when everyone is \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"in the know\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\".
I love the desperate crowd who want so badly for the rinks and hockey to remain closed. Quite a reach going from Youth Sports Phase 2 to Figure Skating only Phase 2. Phase 2 - Hockey skills, 1 on 1 sessions, small groups. Phase 3 - games and tournaments, no crowds. We are \\\\\\\\\\\\\\"in the know\\\\\\\\\\\\\\", and we know your kid sucks.

If we knew back in March that this virus attacks mostly the older population 65 and older, do you think the Government should have shutdown everything? I don't think so. Isolate the vulnerable and let the rest of us go on.
They knew it hit the elderly hard back then, but stressed that all ages were susceptible. They just didn't know the under 60 crowd were mostly going to be obese people.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

This thread will be revisited in 3 weeks when everyone is \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"in the know\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\".
I love the desperate crowd who want so badly for the rinks and hockey to remain closed. Quite a reach going from Youth Sports Phase 2 to Figure Skating only Phase 2. Phase 2 - Hockey skills, 1 on 1 sessions, small groups. Phase 3 - games and tournaments, no crowds. We are \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"in the know\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\", and we know your kid sucks.

They knew it hit the elderly hard back then, but stressed that all ages were susceptible. They just didn't know the under 60 crowd were mostly going to be obese people.
Now they know so they should adjust accordingly and open back up to the people who are not vulnerable. Stay home if your vulnerable

My understanding is small groups in most team sports can proceed June 8th. After that, it is anyone's guess because its based on the almighty numbers. No spike, games back on in July, you get a spike it can move the starting line back. We all should be concerned about the return of school. You get a giant spike in the fall, we are back to square one.

What happened to mr. in the know? aka Douchecanoe? Looking like July 13 so he must have a mouth full of crow.