Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2 Dates: June 8 and June 29

correction
Watch and see my friend
Were you at the latest DNC meeting? What do you know???? Spill!

why are so many people against the rinks opening? if you don't want your kid there, don't send him/her.. Simple as that. Everyone has to decide on their own willingness for risk. The "its not happening" and nay sayers just don't want to send their kids, which is fine. The fact is they don't want their kids to miss something or get behind. So its easier for them to say or wish it won't happen.

same as the people who don't want to go back to work

anon
why are so many people against the rinks opening? if you don't want your kid there, don't send him/her.. Simple as that. Everyone has to decide on their own willingness for risk. The "its not happening" and nay sayers just don't want to send their kids, which is fine. The fact is they don't want their kids to miss something or get behind. So its easier for them to say or wish it won't happen.
Some of us are not against the rinks opening and quite honestly I would go play today if they were open. The issue is signing up and paying for our kids camps, clinics, season without some confirmed information coming out. USA hockey, the EHF, the teams, the skills guys, and the pro shops all want payments and orders but as of today we have no season and have already missed 2 months of training and parity (which was included in the tuition) and no word on the cost of the season or at least a guarantee of a reduced tuition.

Abc
anon
why are so many people against the rinks opening? if you don\'t want your kid there, don\'t send him/her.. Simple as that. Everyone has to decide on their own willingness for risk. The \"its not happening\" and nay sayers just don\'t want to send their kids, which is fine. The fact is they don\'t want their kids to miss something or get behind. So its easier for them to say or wish it won\'t happen.
Some of us are not against the rinks opening and quite honestly I would go play today if they were open. The issue is signing up and paying for our kids camps, clinics, season without some confirmed information coming out. USA hockey, the EHF, the teams, the skills guys, and the pro shops all want payments and orders but as of today we have no season and have already missed 2 months of training and parity (which was included in the tuition) and no word on the cost of the season or at least a guarantee of a reduced tuition.
That may be your concern, but I don't think it's driving the majority.

You should be able to trust the people and organizations you work with to not keep money they haven't earned. Maybe that's the lesson we can all learn from this, that in a business with 90% liars, seek out the 10%. In the long run, your kid will be better off.

anon
I think you nailed it. They're afraid their kid will fall behind but they can't, won't, or aren't able to afford small group skating skills. The occasional tournament? Sure. Then they delude themselves that their kid is working on development the same as everyone else.

In reality, parents are learning as their kids get older how important those Dynamics, Paul Vincents, Pertti Hasanens, Dream Bigs and others are, and those kids are passing their kids by.

But if those can't happen, hey, their kid still has a shot!

Anon
anon
why are so many people against the rinks opening? if you don\'t want your kid there, don\'t send him/her.. Simple as that. Everyone has to decide on their own willingness for risk. The \"its not happening\" and nay sayers just don\'t want to send their kids, which is fine. The fact is they don\'t want their kids to miss something or get behind. So its easier for them to say or wish it won\'t happen.
I think you nailed it. They're afraid their kid will fall behind but they can't, won't, or aren't able to afford small group skating skills. The occasional tournament? Sure. Then they delude themselves that their kid is working on development the same as everyone else.

In reality, parents are learning as their kids get older how important those Dynamics, Paul Vincents, Pertti Hasanens, Dream Bigs and others are, and those kids are passing their kids by.

But if those can't happen, hey, their kid still has a shot!
Your kid has top talent or he doesn't. Keep grinding him until he hates the sport.

Anon
Anon
anon
why are so many people against the rinks opening? if you don\\\'t want your kid there, don\\\'t send him/her.. Simple as that. Everyone has to decide on their own willingness for risk. The \\\"its not happening\\\" and nay sayers just don\\\'t want to send their kids, which is fine. The fact is they don\\\'t want their kids to miss something or get behind. So its easier for them to say or wish it won\\\'t happen.
I think you nailed it. They\'re afraid their kid will fall behind but they can\'t, won\'t, or aren\'t able to afford small group skating skills. The occasional tournament? Sure. Then they delude themselves that their kid is working on development the same as everyone else.

But if those can\'t happen, hey, their kid still has a shot!
Your kid has top talent or he doesn't. Keep grinding him until he hates the sport.
Clearly, you were never an athlete. And I don’t mean playing on your HS team in the 80’s.

Hard work fuels an athlete’s passion. It doesn’t make them “hate” it. You hate it while you’re doing it, because it hurts. You can’t wait for the next time when you’re done, because you know you can.

Your kid could be be a natural-born piano player. Unless he’s Mozart or Beethoven, if you don’t get him the right instruction he’ll never be as good as he could be.

Every “top talent” I know that has made it worked his butt off - with the right people - to get there. That includes players I’ve watched that are now in the NHL. Won’t be my kid, but they still set the standard.

Almost every “top talent” I know that hasn’t made it relied on their talent.

If working in the off season makes your kid hate the sport, then he’ll be in the 85% that quit the sport by HS anyway.

correction
Watch and see my friend
Still wrong dummy.

Phase I
Start May 18th and will last 3 weeks barring no setbacks
Week 1: 5/18 Essential Businesses, Construction, Manufacturing, Houses of Worship
Week 2: 5/25 Lab Space, Office Space, Limited Personal Services, Retail
Week 3: 6/1 Office Space (Boston) 25% capacity

Phase II begins June 8th assuming no setbacks. Baker to announce dates and expanded guidelines for this phase when it starts. Will rinks open 6/8, who knows, but Phase 2 begins 6/8.

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-four-phase-approach

I'll be here all night to walk you through it. Since you have no facts to back up any of your statements just conjecture.

There will be no flare ups. All the states that have opened up have no increase in cases.

anon
There will be no flare ups. All the states that have opened up have no increase in cases.
Mass hockey is corrupt and weak. Minnesota hockey is legit!

Yeah buddy

You are missing it. Phase 1 starts May 25. The media has been misleading because by looking at the power point it seems simple that this past Monday was the beginning of Phase 1, but I am saying that is not the case. Thus, Phase 2 will start June 15 not June 8. Either way, it's only a difference of a week so not a big deal. But, you will be saying sometime soon, that the jerk on the D board was right. Be well.

Another 1,000 plus cases in Mass. today and another 128 dead. Can’t wait for rinks to open.

Anon
Another 1,000 plus cases in Mass. today and another 128 dead. Can’t wait for rinks to open.
The positive test results will be higher because of the higher amount of tests being done. How many of the 128 were over the age of 65 or 70 or from nursing homes? Dumb democraps are what ruin everything!

Anon
Anon
The positive test results will be higher because of the higher amount of tests being done. How many of the 128 were over the age of 65 or 70 or from nursing homes? Dumb democraps are what ruin everything!
All the stats are on the Mass website. 128 deaths today, 84 of them were from nursing homes. 78 were ages 80+, 30 were 70-79, and 16 were 60-69. The true crime in all of this that I think is still under reported is the absolute failure of any state government in protecting the elderly in nursing homes, even when they knew way back at the beginning of March how vulnerable they were. Cuomo and Baker both failed miserably. Well over half of MA deaths happened in nursing homes. Perhaps more time and resources should've been put into developing strategies to protect these facilities, but no, we'll worry about people wearing masks on beaches and keeping golf courses closed. Numbers will go down slowly with or without Baker's stupid 4 phase plan but he'll take credit for it and try to convince us he did something effective. He did nothing but further kill the economy.

You guys are all idiots. I go on to this site every so often and its the same dudes spewing garbage. Your poor kids...

correction
You are missing it. Phase 1 starts May 25. The media has been misleading because by looking at the power point it seems simple that this past Monday was the beginning of Phase 1, but I am saying that is not the case. Thus, Phase 2 will start June 15 not June 8. Either way, it's only a difference of a week so not a big deal. But, you will be saying sometime soon, that the jerk on the D board was right. Be well.
lol, "I'm saying that's not the case...." good to know chump. Can't fix stupid I guess. You must be in the know. Sorry your kid got cut from Phase 2.

anon
correction
lol, "I'm saying that's not the case...." good to know chump. Can't fix stupid I guess. You must be in the know. Sorry your kid got cut from Phase 2.
How is your wife Bessie big buns doing these days?? 🤣🤣🤣

CDC updated its youth sports guidelines. They qualify all statements by saying follow your state and local guidelines.

The more I read, the more I have come the conclusion it may be quite sometime before you see team versus team competition.

The unknown is, how the state interprets the numbers of new Covid infections. Do they use the actual number of infections? Do they use percentage of population or demographics?

In any event, it is not a slam dunk games of any sort will begin soon.

Anon
Rink GM told my kid's skills coach today that indoor activities are Phase 3. Mid-July.

And, because they're losing money they may have to pull the ice up until September 1.
This is also the info that I have been told. No hockey until phase 3 and absolutely no interstate travel, for youth sports, until phase 4.

My kids bee. Skating the whole time.MAJOR development!

Duke
My kids bee. Skating the whole time.MAJOR development!
Great...now he'll be top kid in rainbow division...go back bed....:joy:

Who is going to police out of state travel tournaments? Plus save me trips to NH RI and VT. Bonus!