Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Girls playing with bantam boys?

YOU ARE ALL STUPID. I PLAYED FRICKEN MIDGETS AS A FEMALE AND I KICKED ASS. SHUT YOUR MOUTHS

Anon
YOU ARE ALL STUPID. I PLAYED FRICKEN MIDGETS AS A FEMALE AND I KICKED ASS. SHUT YOUR MOUTHS
Hey Trigger, you apparently would have benefied from extra time bonding with girls in the locker room. Might have provided you with some social skills.

Anon

When/if tryouts start should I have my daughter play with boys bantams or a girls only team?

Some say...

Girls can do what boys can.

Just because girls and boys aren't the same gender doesn't mean that girls can't compete with the boys.

If boys can figure skate, Dance, Play volleyball, And do other things that are typically thought of as being "girl things" then girls can play hockey, Football, And any other sport.

Girls and boys are equal.

There is no reason what so ever for a girl not to be able to play on a boys hockey team.

Some may argue that a girl is not tough enough.

People say that because hockey is high contact at U12 and over that girls can’t participate at the same skill level as boys are wrong.

Others say..

Boys should play with Boys. Their are too many cons to having girls play with boys after pewee level.

A girl on the team has proven to be a major distraction and recipe for disaster on multiple fronts.

No quality club team rosters girls at bantam and over for a reason.

Girls are taking a spot away for a boy to develop.

Lots of hormones from both camps and highly distracting at these ages.

Girls feel alone an left out in separate locker rooms.

It ruins the boys team chemistry.

Girls should play with girls to better develope lockeroom leadership skills.

What do you think?
Boys should be able to play with girl’s teams

Anon

When/if tryouts start should I have my daughter play with boys bantams or a girls only team?

Some say...

Girls can do what boys can.

Just because girls and boys aren't the same gender doesn't mean that girls can't compete with the boys.

If boys can figure skate, Dance, Play volleyball, And do other things that are typically thought of as being "girl things" then girls can play hockey, Football, And any other sport.

Girls and boys are equal.

There is no reason what so ever for a girl not to be able to play on a boys hockey team.

Some may argue that a girl is not tough enough.

People say that because hockey is high contact at U12 and over that girls can’t participate at the same skill level as boys are wrong.

Others say..

Boys should play with Boys. Their are too many cons to having girls play with boys after pewee level.

A girl on the team has proven to be a major distraction and recipe for disaster on multiple fronts.

No quality club team rosters girls at bantam and over for a reason.

Girls are taking a spot away for a boy to develop.

Lots of hormones from both camps and highly distracting at these ages.

Girls feel alone an left out in separate locker rooms.

It ruins the boys team chemistry.

Girls should play with girls to better develope lockeroom leadership skills.

What do you think?
As a mom of 2 girls, both of whom played Bantams and Midgets with the boys, one at AAA level, I can only tell you if you are uncertain enough that your daughter is strong enough to handle it that you have to ask on here if she should play, then the answer is a resounding No, she should not. She needs to be not just mentally strong but physically strong enough to take the hits that she is going to receive. If she can take a hit from the biggest guy on the ice and not have anything worse happen than she lands on her butt, then go for it. If she can't, then nope, no way, no how does she belong on the ice with the boys at this point. Mine did a lot of additional strength training when they played with boys, I suggest yours does the same if she plays.