email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Junior Crusaders

Anon
The Junior Crusaders are non profit town organization, just like the Railers, Revolution, Triboro, SMS, NCMYH, and so on. Out of all the local Town organizations the Junior Crusaders are the best. Railers tell people they have AAA and those teams end up in the VHL with the rest of the town programs, I think they have 2 or 3 teams in the BHL but they suck. The Junior Crusaders had teams in the PHL but ended up dropping those teams, so they are now trying to rebuild into a strictly town program like the Railers, Revolution, Triboro, SMS and NCMYH.
Not sure what happened to Earl, he may still be with them but not on the board.
Railers have teams in the E9 and won the division at the 09 level so keep trying to push your purple people eaters and compare them to the Railers, who by the way have a much better rink.

1 team, that sounds great. Railers are just another town organization. The rink is run by a bunch of idiots who care more about making money than providing for the youth hockey community. Junior Railers are paying a much higher tuition and getting a lot less, compared to the rest of the Town Programs.

Anon
1 team, that sounds great. Railers are just another town organization. The rink is run by a bunch of idiots who care more about making money than providing for the youth hockey community. Junior Railers are paying a much higher tuition and getting a lot less, compared to the rest of the Town Programs.
OK purple people eater. You can't compare Crusaders to Railers. Railers are a step up and provide teams at a much higher level. Crusaders are a glorified house league organization.

"Much higher level" oh please do tell. Cuz I've witnessed both at different age groups.

anon
Anon
OK purple people eater. You can't compare Crusaders to Railers. Railers are a step up and provide teams at a much higher level. Crusaders are a glorified house league organization.
Those two organizations are very comparable, always swapping out players each year. The Jr. Railers and Jr. Crusaders could merge and neither one would get any better. Both tried to fool people with AAA/Elite hockey and neither has it.

Anon
Sorry, but you have n idea what you're talking about. Those "idiots" run one of the nicest facilities in MA. Of course they need to make money. Don't you?

You sound like you think they should be giving free ice to a private hockey club. Club hockey isn't part of the "youth hockey community." They are profit-making enterprises.

The people at that rink do not give a crap about Youth Hockey, just in it for the money. Overcharging for ice and always doubling booking and pushing people to later hours, it is a shiit show over there, always has been. Look at the guy that runs it, at least 10 lawsuits for being a thief at his other rinks.

You’re joking right? You must be a crusader- first off railers don’t have one or two teams in the bhl, they have a lot - and you realize they have multiple teams in the e9? You probably don’t really know what that means.
Second of all crusaders just went to vhl this year. Shady **** went down with the board - voted to get out of phl silly because all the teams were In the elite or premier- did well in the short years they were apart of phl- won a few championships - but pulled out because board members kids weren’t doing well- so all the teams that were in the phl left- they weren’t expecting that- , earl stepped down from president (I mean wouldn’t you if you were screwed over too?) he took his team to another organization like everyone else - sad because earl worked really hard building crusaders now it’s going down hill fast- they were finally getting a name (slowly) now it really is a glorified house league

Anmo
You’re joking right? You must be a crusader- first off railers don’t have one or two teams in the bhl, they have a lot - and you realize they have multiple teams in the e9? You probably don’t really know what that means.
Second of all crusaders just went to vhl this year. Shady **** went down with the board - voted to get out of phl silly because all the teams were In the elite or premier- did well in the short years they were apart of phl- won a few championships - but pulled out because board members kids weren’t doing well- so all the teams that were in the phl left- they weren’t expecting that- , earl stepped down from president (I mean wouldn’t you if you were screwed over too?) he took his team to another organization like everyone else - sad because earl worked really hard building crusaders now it’s going down hill fast- they were finally getting a name (slowly) now it really is a glorified house league
Yeah, its too bad about all the politics on these youth sports boards, I'm beginning to realize the for profit organizations are the way to go, if you have the extra money.

Anmo
Both these organizations are a good place to start out, once your kid hits the higher levels of hockey you'll need to go elsewhere. EHF is where you want to end up if you're serious about hockey.

Anon
Anon
Another former Crusader coach here... Earl is great, but I believe he was victim of a coup over there. Don\'t quote me, but i believe he\'s gone. I liked Earl a lot.
WHAT! I thought he owned the Junior Crusaders Girls Hockey league?? You’re kidding me!
No he does not own the Lady Crusaders

Anon
Was a great org to start a hockey at mite/mosquito. Or a good place if your kid started later. Not sure what they are doing now, but they seem like they are having a difficult time competing with the jr. railers and maybe the central mass outlaws for kids. They used to have upwards of 10 teams per age level, but not anymore.

Honestly, everyone on this board talks about town hockey, but there is no such thing as town hockey in central mass. There just aren't enough kids. And once the Westborough league went to just serving mites, programs like the jr Crusaders suffered.

This is where the jr Crusaders model broke. Their niche was town hockey for this area, but they attempted to throw the "aaa/elite" label on their top team at each age group. They made hockey very confusing to a lot of parents. And let's face it, most kids/parents in this org just want to play and are lucky if their kid is still interested in the sport at the age of 13.

For me, the move away from Crusaders was due to the fact a programs like the Outlaws, Railers, Flames, and Northstars (the region's "select" teams) offer 4 things: coaches who can skate and have played at least HS hockey, parents who want their kids to be competitive and practice outside of regular team skates, a defined schedule for the entire year in August, and a chance to play with kids at your level (whether that be PHL, white, black, elite).

But if yout kid is starting out or late to the party, jr.crusaders, triboro, demons, starhawks/Shrewsbury (now colonials), and even north central mass, are all good starter orgs. Then you can take the plunge to more competitive teams in the area.

It's not about driving distance, because the Valley league is essentially a travel league too. Long gone are the days a kis who just wants to play can head over to westborough and play their game sunday AM and still have the entire day to do family things. Now it's truly a commitment for anyone who plays hockey. That's sad.

Honestly, there is no such thing as club hockey in Central Mass.

Railers and Outlaws are merely town programs masquerading as club teams.. and doing a decent job of it.

Don’t do it.

Statistically your bender will have the exact same percentage chance of going D1 with either team. Sorry not sorry.