Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Covid panic- libs

Mass totally shutdown for more than 5 months and has the 3rd worst Covid-19 death rate (.127%) in the U.S. Texas & Florida opened up, as did most Republican states, and are ranked 21st (.032%) & 18th (.038%) respectively. So in what regards did King Charlie & the Mass. Libs do such a great job while also giving Mass. the worst unemployment rate in the nation?

This virus will never really go away, so for all you frightened libs when do we get to live life again? When can our kids go back to school and play unrestricted sports? Don’t say when there is a cure or a vaccine as a vaccine is not actually a cure and will be 50% effective at best.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Another awful day here in Ma as the “spike” continues. We saw a 1.6% positivity rate yesterday. 286 cases and 17,152 tests taken. There were 14 deaths, all of which occurred in LTHC facilities. Positivity Rate this week has dropped compared to last week.
What’s the relevance to youth hockey? This is clearly political. So what some people are more worried about Covid 19 either society-wide or personally. You’re just wasting time and space. Go back to down to mom’s basement.
The relevance to youth hockey?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"More than 97,000 children tested positive for Covid-19 in the last two weeks of July, report says\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/10/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html
During the last coronavirus in 2009, over 50% of children contracted the virus. We didn\\\\\\\'t even close schools.

Schools are petrie dishes. Kids get sick. They stay home. They come back to school.
That was influenza, but I get your point. The real problem is that most people are sheep, and look to others for guidance. If everyone else is going in one direction, MA will not go in the opposite direction, no matter what the reality is.
No, H1N1 was a coronavirus. We didn't know it as that, but COVID-19 is only the latest in a long history of global coronaviruses.
Not only was it a coronavirus but it killed way more kids than Covid19 has or ever will. H1N1 target audience was children, but nothing was shutdown. It also infected 60 million in the US that year and the hospitals were completely jammed packed. No one cared about the swine though. But it certainly did not have the death totals of Covid19.

>Not only was it a coronavirus but it killed way more kids than Covid19 has or ever will. H1N1 target audience was >children, but nothing was shutdown. It also infected 60 million in the US that year and the hospitals were completely >jammed packed. No one cared about the swine though. But it certainly did not have the death totals of Covid19.

So which is it? It killed "way more kids than COVID19" or "it certainly did not have the death totals of COVID19"?

Sounds to me like you've tapping the bong a bit early today, Skippy.

Anon
>Not only was it a coronavirus but it killed way more kids than Covid19 has or ever will. H1N1 target audience was >children, but nothing was shutdown. It also infected 60 million in the US that year and the hospitals were completely >jammed packed. No one cared about the swine though. But it certainly did not have the death totals of Covid19.

So which is it? It killed "way more kids than COVID19" or "it certainly did not have the death totals of COVID19"?

Not my post, but I think it means that H1N1 killed more kids, but Covid-19 will have more deaths overall. Probably a good take.

Anon

It's not my problem that you struggle to read for understanding. H1N1 killed 12,500 in 2009 in the US, majority were children. However, COVID19 has minimal child deaths but a much higher death rate overall. So there you go. Must be tough driving a bus for a living.

>Must be tough driving a bus for a living.

Beats flipping urinal cakes at the Charlton truck stop. Do they even bother to require a mask?

Xyz
Anon

So which is it? It killed \"way more kids than COVID19\" or \"it certainly did not have the death totals of COVID19\"?

Sounds to me like you\'ve tapping the bong a bit early today, Skippy.
It's not my problem that you struggle to read for understanding. H1N1 killed 12,500 in 2009 in the US, majority were children. However, COVID19 has minimal child deaths but a much higher death rate overall. So there you go. Must be tough driving a bus for a living.
wait, you seriously compare the severity of 12500 deaths over a full year to COVID?

You are special.

No it wasn't, despite what your Russian troll friends on Facebook tell you.

anon
No it wasn't, despite what your Russian troll friends on Facebook tell you.
No it wasn't what? A coronavirus?

If that's what you're saying, probably better to remain silent...you know the rest.

Anon
Another awful day here in Ma as the “spike” continues. We saw a 1.6% positivity rate yesterday. 286 cases and 17,152 tests taken. There were 14 deaths, all of which occurred in LTHC facilities. Positivity Rate this week has dropped compared to last week.
Just wondering if Baker can see his massive dirty mole in his peripheral vision when he looks down to read off his covid update sheet