email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CCM Elite

Chester Cheeto
What did you expect him to do ?? He had a team of tier 1 warrior kids sprinkled in with some FED elite kids. No one was beating the Blues. Team is stacked . No high end kids they just play as a team. Blues had the top 2 goalies in the tourny .. . You can win these types of tournaments with hot goaltending. Don’t need a bunch of “jonny bender’s”. As for the seeding” YES” it was changed. That was to try to get the 2 whalers teams threw. But they didn’t have a chance. Blues had that tournament locked up once the playoffs started .. but all in all great time For the kids. Most of them won’t ever step foot on the ice for the high school team .. so keep paying for these summer tournament parents. Lol. #moneygrab #no one is there scouting little Jonny
Yes the blues had a good team but almost lost. Close good game. Could've gone either way

Funny thing is that the Whalers almost lost to a full Black div team in the semifinals.

Chester Cheeto
What did you expect him to do ?? He had a team of tier 1 warrior kids sprinkled in with some FED elite kids. No one was beating the Blues. Team is stacked . No high end kids they just play as a team. Blues had the top 2 goalies in the tourny .. . You can win these types of tournaments with hot goaltending. Don’t need a bunch of “jonny bender’s”. As for the seeding” YES” it was changed. That was to try to get the 2 whalers teams threw. But they didn’t have a chance. Blues had that tournament locked up once the playoffs started .. but all in all great time For the kids. Most of them won’t ever step foot on the ice for the high school team .. so keep paying for these summer tournament parents. Lol. #moneygrab #no one is there scouting little Jonny
OK goalie dad. Helps to be surrounded by good players.

Love these goalie post...as a goalie parent, my son is a good goalie on okay teams....he is a superstar on an elite team....and yes he has played on both.

Goalies can't be anointed the next Cary Price until they are way past puberty!

Anon
07’s had 3 teams and bunch of dusters.
07s had 2 solid teams. The other teams were what you get at these tournaments.....but it was a summer tournament so really who cares. No one really believes that any of these tournaments are "elite".

Kids had fun. They may even get to wear their CCM elite hat to school post covid.

08 division was Bruuuutalll. Besides the 09 team who were excellent and 4 or 5 kids from BHC the rest was blehhh

Anon
08 division was Bruuuutalll. Besides the 09 team who were excellent and 4 or 5 kids from BHC the rest was blehhh
Brutal? How could that be? I Thought the 08's were stacked. I guess not if an 09 team came in and won it.

Anon
Anon
Brutal? How could that be? I Thought the 08's were stacked. I guess not if an 09 team came in and won it.
08 elites are stacked. This was a tier 1 tournament with some elite kids sprinkled in. I believe the 09 team that won was all MFF kids

There were some good teams in there. BHC had MF 08, Eagles 08, and other EHF elite kids. Jr Blues had 4 LI Gulls kids, Providence kids and Maryland kids- they were very good. Northstar also had some very high level kids, just unfortunately had to play the top teams in the round robin. Definitely some lower level teams in the 14 team division, but I would say 4-5 very good teams in it.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Brutal? How could that be? I Thought the 08\'s were stacked. I guess not if an 09 team came in and won it.
08 elites are stacked. This was a tier 1 tournament with some elite kids sprinkled in. I believe the 09 team that won was all MFF kids
Wasn't it called the Elite invite? The title alone suggest that all the kids are elite. So a bunch of stacked 08 elites were beat by 09's

Maybe the board should start talking about the 09's and not the 08's anymore

Anon
Maybe the board should start talking about the 09's and not the 08's anymore
I was impressed with the PHC team that won the 09 division. Looks like they upgraded the goalie position and there were a couple of new defensemen that did a good job.

Anon
Anon
Maybe the board should start talking about the 09\'s and not the 08\'s anymore
I was impressed with the PHC team that won the 09 division. Looks like they upgraded the goalie position and there were a couple of new defensemen that did a good job.
PHC 09 definitely upgraded in goal with former BJT goalie. Also two new D helped, one from Railers, one from Kings.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Maybe the board should start talking about the 09\\\'s and not the 08\\\'s anymore
PHC 09 definitely upgraded in goal with former BJT goalie. Also two new D helped, one from Railers, one from Kings.
Let it go goalie dad...tournament is over...just worry about what skills you'll have Jr attend because there wont be many games to enjoy moving forward......

Anon
Great tournament. Well organized and a fun event. From what I saw, the 2008 and 2009 divisions had strong players and teams and some very competitive games.
U14 division was brutal to watch and the final put me to sleep. Bad hockey supporting money hungry coaches coaches at every tournament weekend after weekend.

Thanks Greg!

Anon
Anon
Great tournament. Well organized and a fun event. From what I saw, the 2008 and 2009 divisions had strong players and teams and some very competitive games.
U14 division was brutal to watch and the final put me to sleep. Bad hockey supporting money hungry coaches coaches at every tournament weekend after weekend.
Maybe this is the year that will finally convince you what everyone else already seems to know is true - playing tournaments "weekend after weekend" is a waste of time and money. Way better off enrolling in a high end summer-long skills camp.

One or two tournaments a summer, to break up the monotony and take their new tools out for a spin? Sure.

Only a sucker would trot their kid out there week after week, especially at U14 and above, and expect THIS weekend will be different.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Maybe this is the year that will finally convince you what everyone else already seems to know is true - playing tournaments "weekend after weekend" is a waste of time and money. Way better off enrolling in a high end summer-long skills camp.

One or two tournaments a summer, to break up the monotony and take their new tools out for a spin? Sure.

Only a sucker would trot their kid out there week after week, especially at U14 and above, and expect THIS weekend will be different.
06 eagles team ( Bordiques ) has been at every tournament or 2 day camp this summer even if it meant coming back consecutive weekend after weekend.

Just not true!

Anon
Anon
Says the guy who's kid was more than likely on one of the U14 teams...otherwise why would you be there watching brutal hockey...instead of being somewhere else...another whiny dad complaining all the time...you're a clown...

Hey knucklehead, po in nt was that that "team" is not playing in every tournament.

U14 final actually had some exciting players to watch that you will be hearing about down the road. Sorry you don’t know what kids who can really play look like at that age. Rest of the field not so much.

Did the rats play in tourney?

Anon
8s up in NH this weekend. Get over yourself and the mediocre bender OO9 daddy. Classic row row your dingy thread. Total bottom feeder tourney.

Keep paying for that

Was neither elite nor invitational ... this tourney has progressively gotten worse year after year, with this year being by far the worst. I didn’t even know that there were kids and young men that are that bad at hockey that will travel to play in a summer tourney.

Brutal is right. Wake up parents.

Anon
Was neither elite nor invitational ... this tourney has progressively gotten worse year after year, with this year being by far the worst. I didn’t even know that there were kids and young men that are that bad at hockey that will travel to play in a summer tourney.

Quit whining and go look for a job...you are insufferable...

Anon
Anon

Quit whining and go look for a job...you are insufferable...
I have a job.

Clueless parents give me 10k one weekend a month for the summer for me to tell them they are playing on an elite team in an invite only tourney.

I’m just saying. I am starting to realize this is getting out of hand now that I saw kids that can’t skate, shoot or pass a puck this past weekend. Almost made me feel guilty about pocketing all that coin.

yes, there was another 08 event in NH which some were at, though it was not very big at all. But as we know, the whole 08 birth year is stacked so tons of elite kids at CCM

Anon
Must have been your first year invited. Lol.

They should rename this tourney to CCM Invite Yourself. FYI there’s not enough elite players in the region to host that many matches however they had a few teams in each division that could compete above Tier 1. Most of those teams met each other during the weekend.

The 2012’s were great! Very good games.

Anon
The 2012’s were great! Very good games.
hey mass, ct, ri and vt ccm parents and players, happy covid and thanks for spreading it to nh

CCM NOT-Elite Tournament

anon
CCM NOT-Elite Tournament
It’s Wednesday night , man. Let it go.

anon
CCM NOT-Elite Tournament
Your wrong jerk! My nordiques only do elite tournaments so ccm is elite