Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mike Millbury

Seriously?

Re: Mike Millbury

Anon
Seriously?
Yup it’s the new normal, get used to it.

I need my job. I'm sorry those b|tches be trippin.

I’m a woman and think this is ridiculous! WTF??? He never should have apologized . Unreal

Anon
I’m a woman and think this is ridiculous! WTF??? He never should have apologized . Unreal
I'm a woman and ... blah blah blah.

Are you? Am I?

How do we really know Anon?

Signed, Anon

Anon
This is what it is now. Welcome to the Cancel Culture. I'm even uncomfortable holding a door open or allowing a woman to get off an elevator first now.

Thanks for being comfortable with the "old normal." Unfortunately, it ain't comin' back.

Its sad that color commentators can no longer be colorful for fear of the angry internet mob.

Anon
Anon
This is what it is now. Welcome to the Cancel Culture. I'm even uncomfortable holding a door open or allowing a woman to get off an elevator first now.

Thanks for being comfortable with the "old normal." Unfortunately, it ain't comin' back.
People talk about cancel culture as if it's a new phenomenon but it's been around since the beginning of time. Facebook and twitter and other social sites make it easier for a group to air their grievances. In the past someone would have to get their butt off the couch and put in work to be heard. Now they can do it from the comfort of their living room. Corporations in the past could just ignore it. Now it's tough to.

Anon
Anon

No such thing as cancel culture. Its called don't be a d i c k.

Do people really think that was a fireable offense. Good god mom. Go make dinner and vacuum.

Anon
Do people really think that was a fireable offense. Good god mom. Go make dinner and vacuum.
He wasn't fired. Please try to keep up.

Anon
Uhmmm yes, you are a woman. Sure

Anon
anon
Anon
Why does everyone thing it's preposterous for a woman to not be offended by what MM said?

JR was fired for what he said, which were FAR more inappropriate than MM. Problem is, KT wasn't bothered by the remark, and it was directed at her.

Does anyone think Kamala Harris was chosen because of her qualifications as a politician? C'mon. She checks boxes. Where is the outrage by women and minorities?

The world looks at men and women differently. If I hold the door open for a woman, aren't I recognizing that difference and treating her differently? Does it make my we a misogynist?

I'm not saying it's right, only that it's the reality. Some women understand that and are OK with it.
Not questioning anything what you said. Just questioning that WTF dude is a woman.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Why does everyone thing it\'s preposterous for a woman to not be offended by what MM said?

JR was fired for what he said, which were FAR more inappropriate than MM. Problem is, KT wasn\'t bothered by the remark, and it was directed at her.

Does anyone think Kamala Harris was chosen because of her qualifications as a politician? C\'mon. She checks boxes. Where is the outrage by women and minorities?

The world looks at men and women differently. If I hold the door open for a woman, aren\'t I recognizing that difference and treating her differently? Does it make my we a misogynist?

I\'m not saying it\'s right, only that it\'s the reality. Some women understand that and are OK with it.
Not questioning anything what you said. Just questioning that WTF dude is a woman.
Yes The dude is a lady and I’m still not offended.

He did the right thing. What he said was disgraceful.

Anon
Why? Is it because the implication is that most young men in the NHL Bubble are easily distracted by said gender? Was is too broad stroke for heterosexualality, leaving out other classes? Or was it insulting to the young men for lack of maturity and self control?

Anon
Anon
Why? Is it because the implication is that most young men in the NHL Bubble are easily distracted by said gender? Was is too broad stroke for heterosexualality, leaving out other classes? Or was it insulting to the young men for lack of maturity and self control?
It was the sort of remark that reinforces negative perceptions such as widespread hockey culture misogyny that bother the wider audience that the NHL is trying to attract. The league determined that remarks like that would ultimately cost them viewers and advertisers, and thus revenue, so they called the network and forced Millbury off the air. You and I weren't offended by his comments and we laughed our asses off back when MM was talking about the "Sedin sisters" and "Thelma and Louise" but we don't fit the profile of people who the league thinks will not watch hockey because of comments like that. This is how new social norms are enforced in a capitalist system.

Anon
Anon
Money talks. You can't have a person 'bad mouthing' 50%+/- of the population and expect a good outcome.

They got rid of going into the stands to fight fans, on-ice brawls ---- this is a continuation --- you want to maximize the league dollars: STOP IT.

You complainers are all pathetically hyper-sensitive. How dare the NHL set a bubble where family is not invited. Do they think the wives are all homemakers? So sexist and out of touch, blah, blah, blah. And none of you dweebs never enjoyed a trip with the guys or a girls only weekend? Color commentator makes some comment that many orobably were amused by and resonated with and it turns to this.

piss off.. I like my hockey with a side of instigation..

#Mike4Moms

better yet I think he is gay.

The problem with your argument is you are assuming you know exactly what he meant. You don't. It was vague at best.

To say that woman could be an additional "distraction" in the bubble could be taken a 100 different ways, but the angry internet mob always assumes the worst and immediately accuses a person guilty instead of presumed innocence. I really fear this new unwritten law of "online USA".

anon
The problem with your argument is you are assuming you know exactly what he meant. You don't. It was vague at best.

To say that woman could be an additional "distraction" in the bubble could be taken a 100 different ways, but the angry internet mob always assumes the worst and immediately accuses a person guilty instead of presumed innocence. I really fear this new unwritten law of "online USA".

It's not a court of law. It's a business. Presumption of innocence is not required.

Anon
anon
The problem with your argument is you are assuming you know exactly what he meant. You don\'t. It was vague at best.

To say that woman could be an additional \"distraction\" in the bubble could be taken a 100 different ways, but the angry internet mob always assumes the worst and immediately accuses a person guilty instead of presumed innocence. I really fear this new unwritten law of \"online USA\".

It's not a court of law. It's a business. Presumption of innocence is not required.
You're right, of course. It SHOULD be true in the Court of Public Opinion but it doesn't. Everyone's a juror. Except they don't have to consider the facts of the case.

Anon
Anon
anon
The problem with your argument is you are assuming you know exactly what he meant. You don\\\'t. It was vague at best.

To say that woman could be an additional \\\"distraction\\\" in the bubble could be taken a 100 different ways, but the angry internet mob always assumes the worst and immediately accuses a person guilty instead of presumed innocence. I really fear this new unwritten law of \\\"online USA\\\".

It\'s not a court of law. It\'s a business. Presumption of innocence is not required.
You're right, of course. It SHOULD be true in the Court of Public Opinion but it doesn't. Everyone's a juror. Except they don't have to consider the facts of the case.
The facts:

1. Milbury made a comment that was deemed offensive by his employer.
2. He was asked to step aside for the playoffs.
3. He agreed.

What am I missing?

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
The problem with your argument is you are assuming you know exactly what he meant. You don\\\\\\\'t. It was vague at best.

To say that woman could be an additional \\\\\\\"distraction\\\\\\\" in the bubble could be taken a 100 different ways, but the angry internet mob always assumes the worst and immediately accuses a person guilty instead of presumed innocence. I really fear this new unwritten law of \\\\\\\"online USA\\\\\\\".

It\\\'s not a court of law. It\\\'s a business. Presumption of innocence is not required.
You\'re right, of course. It SHOULD be true in the Court of Public Opinion but it doesn\'t. Everyone\'s a juror. Except they don\'t have to consider the facts of the case.
The facts:

1. Milbury made a comment that was deemed offensive by his employer.
2. He was asked to step aside for the playoffs.
3. He agreed.

What am I missing?
1. False. NBC Sports has made no official statement. A "spokesperson told the Washington Post they considered his comment "insensitive." That's intentionally different from "offensive."

2. False. The only information publicly available is he would "step away" so that he wasn't a distraction. You can assume NBC asked him to, but that is speculation.

3. False. See #2.

See how that "fact" thing works?

Someday you will post something online, or someone will post something about you, and sadly it won't be perfect, be taken out of context, the angry internet mob will get their ropes and torches and come after you, but just tell yourself it's OK because "Presumption of innocence is not required".

anon
Someday you will post something online, or someone will post something about you, and sadly it won\'t be perfect, be taken out of context, the angry internet mob will get their ropes and torches and come after you, but just tell yourself it\'s OK because \"Presumption of innocence is not required\".
The angry internet mob is angry for a reason. Even though I don’t get it, you don’t get, doesn’t mean they might not be right. I can only imagine what sort of BS a woman working in a male dominated world is subjected to. So here is where I am guessing this anger is coming from. That’s been building up a while. Things are changing and they should but until that change is truly there, this will be reality that we live in, and we helped create it.

People should riot in his city and burn cars and buildings for months so we can have proper justice against this sexist monster.

Im tellin’ ya Rocky, woman weaken knees!
Women weaken legs!

Mickey
Women weaken legs!
That’s offensive.

Anon
Mickey
Women weaken legs!
That’s offensive.
Yo Adrian. Make me a sandwich.

Rocky
Anon
Mickey
Women weaken legs!
That’s offensive.
Yo Adrian. Make me a sandwich.
Yo' Rocky. Enjoy the "mayo" I saved for your sang-wich.

Adrian was a good woman who knew her role in the family.