Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gaiters/Masks

Don't underestimate what 8 year olds can handle. Parents limit what kids can do by constraining them, putting limits on them. He'll pick it up quickly if you let him try.

I would ask your town what IS allowed. The Duke study authors have clarifed, it isn't all gaiters they were claiming to be ineffective. A cheap gaiter is no different than a cheap fabric mask. N95 masks should be left to health care professionals.

So, is a paper mask OK? Will a paper mask last an entire game? Maybe for 8 year olds. Not at all age groups.

Tell your town to do some research before making proclamations.

Anon
Has anyone received specific messaging from there town/organization that gaiters are not an allowed face covering?

My town has came out and said gaiters are not a acceptable face covering.

Anyone have a specific product that would be easy for a 8 year old to maneuver with the mask on while sitting on the bench?
Your town sucks... just saying!

Anon
Has anyone received specific messaging from there town/organization that gaiters are not an allowed face covering?

Anyone have a specific product that would be easy for a 8 year old to maneuver with the mask on while sitting on the bench?
Have the decency to at least post the town name jack hole. Otherwise, what good are you?

here we have 8 year olds playing ice hockey. They can stick handle, stop, cross over, shoot while skating, etc. These are all advanced moves requiring well developed motor skills. They can use a smart phone or tablet better than most functional adults. They can remember every toy car they own and recognize subtle differences in the 3 blue trains in Thomas the Tank Engine. BUT...parents won't let them try to figure out a mask? Unbelievable. Helicopter much?

Anon

Sorry your gaiter got cut.

(Somebody had to say it)

Masks don’t do ****, gaitors don’t do ****. All political bull****

According to who? Dr You?

You're as smart as your statement. What political gain is there on either side of the aisle to wear a mask? Were you not paying attention when Trump put his on?

Show your medical expert's report on here that proves they don't do ****.

Next thing you're going to go after is seatbelts and how the government is out to get you and it's your constitutional right to not have to wear one.

You *****. Put your mask on.

Anon

You're as smart as your statement. What political gain is there on either side of the aisle to wear a mask? Were you not paying attention when Trump put his on?

Show your medical expert's report on here that proves they don't do ****.

Next thing you're going to go after is seatbelts and how the government is out to get you and it's your constitutional right to not have to wear one.

Keep wearing your mask sheeple. You look good. If they tell you to wear goggles you going to do that too. D!ckhead

Anon
Anon

You\'re as smart as your statement. What political gain is there on either side of the aisle to wear a mask? Were you not paying attention when Trump put his on?

Show your medical expert\'s report on here that proves they don\'t do ****.

Next thing you\'re going to go after is seatbelts and how the government is out to get you and it\'s your constitutional right to not have to wear one.

Keep wearing your mask sheeple. You look good. If they tell you to wear goggles you going to do that too. D!ckhead
Nice answer. Just a weak as **** comeback. Go follow all your conspiracy-riddled friends like the sheep that you are instead of thinking for two seconds. I wore a condom because I was told your mom didn't want another dip**** kid. Hope it works as good or better than the masks. If I go scuba diving, yeah, I'm going to wear goggles because it's a great idea, same as wearing a mask around people who might be sick with something as unknown as Covid. Notice I wrote unknown because longterm effects have not been studied.

Shock Doctor makes a couple that may be helpful. They have a new one that splits so you could stick a straw there, or use one of the big mouth guards with the hole. Also have some that would be like a gaiter without the neck portion.

My 7 year old can usually snap his cage off/on, but takes forever and a lot of effort. Will probably just have him play with the mask full time. Some kids find the Bauer Prodigy snaps that push up/down a little easier than normal.

Try Irwin Mainway’s Johnny Space Commander Mask